What's new

Pakistani Punjab and Former East punjab

UP has more population than entire Pakistan, and look at the graph of UP..it doesn't matter this post was for the cultural aspects not ethnic

He is not talking about UP, who are genetically very distant to us. Every Karachiite with UP origin stand out from rest of Pakistanis. Forget UP Hindus who are even darker like their brethren Bihari Bhaiyas.

Lmao at these Indians. We speak better Punjabi in Pakistan than these diler medhi bhappa taanu Manu Indian doabis.

Lol jnaab daler mehandi is bhapa from bihar with origins in peshawar. We don't talk like him and make fun of him as well. This wasn't about who speaks better but who uses Punjabi officially. I can make fun of you as well but I won't I respect Pakistani Punjabis.

Pakistanis? You mean Pak punjabis and I agree to extent since punjabi in Pak punjab is not part of school curricula yet. But then you will not hear punjabi in Delhi parliament will you? Unlike in Islamabad parliament :P

Indian punjabis are on verge on extinction, lets not kid ourselfs. But punjabi will survive in Pakistan till end of times. Sikhs are becoming minority in east punjab.

Punjabi won't die here until Sikhs are there. Our scriptures are written in Punjabi

Pakistanis? You mean Pak punjabis and I agree to extent since punjabi in Pak punjab is not part of school curricula yet. But then you will not hear punjabi in Delhi parliament will you? Unlike in Islamabad parliament :P

Indian punjabis are on verge on extinction, lets not kid ourselfs. But punjabi will survive in Pakistan till end of times. Sikhs are becoming minority in east punjab.

Brother obviously Punjabis can't speak Punjabi in Delhi parliament the rest of India won't be able to understand. Speeches are in English or Hindi. Punjab Parliament is where the fun is at

@save_ghenda @lastofthepatriots
Don't get me wrong, my intention is not to put down Pakistanis. You guys are doing better in some respects and Indian Punjabis are doing better in others. This thread is for friendly discussion.

^^Indian punjab GDP^2015 is $47 billion, which mean per capita of of around $1700 with 28 million people. My point was that punjabis make significant population of Pakistan to the point that its not unheard of them speaking punjabi even in national assembly, clearly they are not as ashamed as you're making it sound like. Punjabi songs are mainstream in Pakistan. Even Pak pathans make 15-16% in 1998 census and their share may have increased to 20% now lol While Indian punjab is barely 2%.

Last edited:
hey are not as ashamed as you're making it sound like.

Here is my exact quote, I didn't say "ashamed" you did.

Pakistanis seem to be disregarding Punjabi in favor of Urdu.

Anyway it's good that Punjabis talk in their mother tongue, maa boli should be cherished. I obviously don't live in Pakistan so my source of what Pakistani Punjabis think of their language is news articles like

http://www.dawn.com/news/1163311

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/10622/i-speak-punjabi-but-my-kids-might-not/

Also, I've met a group of Pakistanis here who are Punjabi and their language of choice for talking to each other is Urdu. Occasionally, they will burst out in Punjabi if they are angry or upset. Contrast that to Indian Punjabis and we all just speak in Punjabi and feel pride when bhaiyyas scratch their heads and can't understand us.

Here is my exact quote, I didn't say "ashamed" you did.

Anyway it's good that Punjabis talk in their mother tongue, maa boli should be cherished. I obviously don't live in Pakistan so my source of what Pakistani Punjabis think of their language is news articles like

http://www.dawn.com/news/1163311

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/10622/i-speak-punjabi-but-my-kids-might-not/

Also, I've met a group of Pakistanis here who are Punjabi and their language of choice for talking to each other is Urdu. Occasionally, they will burst out in Punjabi if they are angry or upset. Contrast that to Indian Punjabis and we all just speak in Punjabi and feel pride when bhaiyyas scratch their heads and can't understand us.

You know these article exaggerate to great extent. But its true to some extent because punjabi isn't thought in schools. Were these punjabis from Lahore or Islamabad?

That Dawn article looks like case of some Pakistanis in Canada trying to keep distinct identity then punjabi which is hijacked by sikhs in Canada. For many people including you going by previous post, Pakistani is punjabi by default anyway.

^^Indian punjab GDP^2015 is $47 billion, which mean per capita of of around $1700 with 28 million people. My point was that punjabis make significant population of Pakistan to the point that its not unheard of them speaking punjabi even in national assembly, clearly they are not as ashamed as you're making it sound like. Punjabi songs are mainstream in Pakistan. Even Pak pathans make 15-16% in 1998 census and their share may have increased to 20% now lol While Indian punjab is barely 2%.
By comparison, haryana per capita is 2800$ with 27 million population.
Haryana is doing best in all the former regions of Punjab in terms of many things.

He is not talking about UP, who are genetically very distant to us. Every Karachiite with UP origin stand out from rest of Pakistanis. Forget UP Hindus who are even darker like their brethren Bihari Bhaiyas.
Lol never knew religion make someone dark...

By comparison, haryana per capita is 2800$ with 27 million population.
Haryana is doing best in all the former regions of Punjab in terms of many things.

You know GDP isn't everything. Pakistan have much lower poverty then India according to UN, and Pak punjab even lower. 40% of of Pakistan economy is in black. So Pak punjab is doing better where it counts.

mpi2-e1396921784709.png

UZ9NKfU.jpg

Pak punjab MPI 0.15 vs Indian punjab 0.12 vs Haryana 0.19. Now Pak punjab is much bigger with 100 million population, and some areas like south punjab are poorer. But I bet northen and central punjab have MPI of 0.10 vs Harayana 0.19.

You know GDP isn't everything. Pakistan have much lower poverty then India according to UN, and Pak punjab even lower. 40% of of Pakistan economy is in black. So Pak punjab is doing better where it counts.

mpi2-e1396921784709.png

UZ9NKfU.jpg

Pak punjab MPI 0.15 vs Indian punjab 0.12 vs Haryana 0.19. Now Pak punjab is much bigger with 100 million population, and some areas like south punjab are poorer. But I bet northen and central punjab have MPI of 0.10 vs Harayana 0.19.
That .199 figure is old,it was .186 in 2015 and i think it will be less than .175 now....and most of the poors of haryana are migrants coming from different states..its not possible that haryana has far greater MPI than Indian punjab, i have seen both states... recent migration to Haryana may be reason why we lack in MPI, still .175 is not bad for subcontinent standards and with highest per capita.

That .199 figure is old,it was .186 in 2015 and i think it will be less than .175 now....and most of the poors of haryana are migrants coming from different states..its not possible that haryana has far greater MPI than Indian punjab, i hace seen both states... recent migration to Haryana may be reason why we lack in MPI, still .175 is not bad for subcontinent standards and with highest per capita.

18.6 is from december 2016 report. Pakistan figures from 2014 report. Pak punjab MPI most be 0.13 by now.

18.6 is from december 2016 report. Pakistan figures from 2014 report. Pak punjab MPI most be 0.13 by now.
No it is from March 2015,h having problems with posting link, you can google search and most of it are migrants.
And because of slower growth rate of Pakistan, your won't have reduced to .13.

No it is from March 2015,h having problems with posting link, you can google search and most of it are migrants.
And because of slower growth rate of Pakistan, your won't have reduced to .13.

Do you have figures for rural Haryana MPI? I bet its much higher. As soon as you go east of punjab mud houses is most common sight in Indian villages. IMO Haryana MPI of 0.199 have to do with more industrialisation of urban areas because overall Harayana MPI is almost as same as Pak punjab rural areas. Pakistan is gradually improving with energy shortages coming to end, expect growt rate of 6% in couple of years. Pak punjab growth will likely be 7%.

Do you have figures for rural Haryana MPI? I bet its much higher. As soon as you go east of punjab mud houses is most common sight in Indian villages. IMO Haryana MPI of 0.199 have to do with more industrialisation of urban areas because overall Harayana MPI is almost as same as Pak punjab rural areas. Pakistan is gradually improving with energy shortages coming to end, expect growt rate of 6% in couple of years. Pak punjab growth will likely be 7%.
.199 is old figure,its .175 now and most of it has to do with migrants coming from poorest regions like bihar here.
And your observation of west to east is wrong in our case,industralization is happening in delhi and its adjacent regions(NCR) ,so east haryana is much more prosperous.
And the only mud houses we have in haryana are for cattlestock and cattles.

.199 is old figure,its .175 now and most of it has to do with migrants coming from poorest regions like bihar here.
And your observation of west to east is wrong in our case,industralization is happening in delhi and its adjacent regions(NCR) ,so east haryana is much more prosperous.
And the only mud houses we have in haryana are for cattlestock and cattles.

17.5 is your guess work, just like Pak punjab of 13.0. As far as official figures, for 2014 overall Pakistan MPI was 19.7. Even overall Pak MPI was lower then Haryana 19.9. Overall India MPI is 29.6.

Indian punjab is doing better but if we only include north and cental punjab then it will be similar.

iHfwfC4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom