What's new

Pakistani Punjab and Former East punjab

Tea addict

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey guys, few days back i was having a conversation with @PAKISTANFOREVER in the sports section where i said he can compare my state of Haryana,with 15 million population with entire Pakistan in sports if he thinks we are not physically fit for contact sports.
i am a sports fan and i usually watch sports videos on youtube, and yesterday i got a recommended video named
Documentary Film on Pehalwani (Wrestling) in punjab
in that video, i realized that current day Pakistan punjab use to dominate wrestling in punjab before partition, but current day east punjabis( indian punjab , haryana, himachal pradesh ,chandigarh) dominates sports relatively to pakistani punjabis in Professional wrestling,boxing,kabaddi and many more. from this forum i came to know that Punjabis are more prosperous than rest of pakistan, just like the current day indian states of former East Punjab.
So i just wanted to compare current day pakistani punjab and entire East punjab in every aspect , not just sports.
Personally , i believe that current day indian state of punjab is faring well in all aspects, to the extent that it can outmatch all the rest of punjabis, indian and pakistani included in soft power( HDI,songs, world recognition,)
Just some intro
Pakistani Punjab
1000px-Punjab_in_Pakistan_%28claims_hatched%29.svg.png

• Total Area 205,344 km2 (79,284 sq mi)
Population (2015)
• Total 101,391,000
• Density 490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)

East Punjab
East-Punjab-Map.jpg

Total Area
150361 km2 sq mi( punjab+haryana+himachal pradesh+chandigarh)
total population = 63.4 Million
density=420/km2

Last edited:
Hey guys, few days back i was having a conversation with @PAKISTANFOREVER in the sports section where i said he can compare my state of Haryana,with 15 million population with entire Pakistan in sports if he thinks we are not physically fit for contact sports.
i am a sports fan and i usually watch sports videos on youtube, and yesterday i got a recommended video named
Documentary Film on Pehalwani (Wrestling) in punjab
in that video, i realized that current day Pakistan punjab use to dominate wrestling in punjab before partition, but current day east punjabis( indian punjab , haryana, himachal pradesh ,chandigarh) dominates sports relatively to pakistani punjabis in Professional wrestling,boxing,kabaddi and many more. from this forum i came to know that Punjabis are more prosperous than rest of pakistan, just like the current day indian states of former East Punjab.
So i just wanted to compare current day pakistani punjab and entire East punjab in every aspect , not just sports.
Personally , i believe that current day indian state of punjab is faring well in all aspects, to the extent that it can outmatch all the rest of punjabis, indian and pakistani included in soft power( HDI,songs, world recognition,)
Just some intro
Pakistani Punjab
250px-Punjab_in_Pakistan_(claims_hatched).svg.png

• Total Area 205,344 km2 (79,284 sq mi)
Population (2015)
• Total 101,391,000
• Density 490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)

East Punjab
East-Punjab-Map.jpg

Total Area
150361 km2 sq mi( punjab+haryana+himachal pradesh+chandigarh)
total population = 6.3 Million
density=420/km2

Interesting statistic. So the population of indian Punjab is only 6.3 million. Thought it was much more. So that means that only between 0.4-0.5% of indians have any racial or genetic connection with Pakistan. Therefore at least 99.5% of indians are a completely different race to Pakistanis. That is very telling.

The above aside, I would be FAR MORE interested in knowing how Pakistani Baloch compare to Iranian/Persian Baloch. Balochistan is a shared province between Pakistan and Iran and from the evidence provided by an indian in the above post, Pakistanis have far more in common with the Iranians than we do with indians.

I take it the Iranian Baloch will be doing better at sports than their Pakistani counterparts as Iran has participated in world cup Football and Pakistan hasn't. And if I remember correctly, there were a number of Iranian Baloch in the 2006 Iran World Cup Football Squad.

Interesting statistic. So the population of indian Punjab is only 6.3 million. Thought it was much more. So that means that only between 0.4-0.5% of indians have any racial or genetic connection with Pakistan. Therefore at least 99.5% of indians are a completely different race to Pakistanis. That is very telling.

The above aside, I would be FAR MORE interested in knowing how Pakistani Baloch compare to Iranian/Persian Baloch. Balochistan is a shared province between Pakistan and Iran and from the evidence provided by an indian in the above post, Pakistanis have far more in common with the Iranians than we do with indians.

I take it the Iranian Baloch will be doing better at sports than their Pakistani counterparts as Iran has participated in world cup Football and Pakistan hasn't. And if I remember correctly, there were a number of Iranian Baloch in the 2006 Iran World Cup Football Squad.
Edited..its 63.4 million..and i never claimed we got anything to do with you guys..i was just asking for opinions from true punjabis..not someone who consider himself inferior.

never knew pak punjab is much bigger than india punjab. interesting

Edited..its 63.4 million..and i never claimed we got anything to do with you guys..i was just asking for opinions from true punjabis..not someone who consider himself inferior.

Okay. So at least 95% of indians have no racial or genetic connections to Pakistan. Comparing indian Punjab to Pakistani Punjab is a non-starter. Since 1947, the demographics, social upheavals and economic factors have completely changed the face of Pakistani Punjab. So much so that it is no longer recognisable to what it was in August 1947. Especially due to the interactions of Pakistani Punjab with the Western and Northern regions of Pakistan whose people have their origins from Central Asia, Afghanistan and Iran. So comparing indian Punjab to Pakistani Punjab is as ridiculous as comparing indian Punjab to Jordan, Lebanon, Iran or Turkey. The much older generation of indian Punjab may have common traits with that of the older generation of Pakistani Punjab but all things that were once common to both will die out completely in the next few years.

A more rational & realistic comparison would be to compare the Pakistan sector of Balochistan province to the Iranian sector. How do the Iranian/Persian Baloch compare with their cousins across the border in Pakistan?

Punjabis are generally good looking people.
With the Tamil genetic onslaught since '47, have Indian Punjabis started looking different from their western brethren?

never knew pak punjab is much bigger than india punjab. interesting
they havent divided their state yet, like we did for haryanvi and pahari speakers. they too have seraki and other liguistic groups.
Okay. So at least 95% of indians have no racial or genetic connections to Pakistan. Comparing indian Punjab to Pakistani Punjab is a non-starter. Since 1947, the demographics, social upheavals and economic factors have completely changed the face of Pakistani Punjab. So much so that it is no longer recognisable to what it was in August 1947. Especially due to the interactions of Pakistani Punjab with the Western and Northern regions of Pakistan whose people have their origins from Central Asia, Afghanistan and Iran. So comparing indian Punjab to Pakistani Punjab is as ridiculous as comparing indian Punjab to Jordan, Lebanon, Iran or Turkey. The much older generation of indian Punjab may have common traits with that of the older generation of Pakistani Punjab but all things that were once common to both will die out completely in the next few years.

A more rational & realistic comparison would be to compare the Pakistan sector of Balochistan province to the Iranian sector. How do the Iranian/Persian Baloch compare with their cousins across the border in Pakistan?
lol mate how many times i tell you i aint even talking about race or ethnicity, play this we are superior card with someone else..i already know how superior you guys are:enjoy::enjoy:
iam just comparing changes in the entire punjab, as i said, there are 165 million punjabis in india and pakistan combined, but the indian state of punjab (not entire east punjab), with 28 million people is more known throughout the world and has immense soft power..so current day indian state of punjab is faring very well.

Punjabis are generally good looking people.
With the Tamil genetic onslaught since '47, have Indian Punjabis started looking different from their western brethren?
lol enthicity..right. mate i know what we are and whose blood flows in our veins..there is a reason for gotra system in north india.we dont need lectures from people who add 4 kilos of brightness in their facebook pictures to look fair.
actually east punjabis built punjab, its literature,its forts, its culture...we were the ones who not only defeated the invaders from the west in punjab but also invaded their land and you guys got those land from british empire.

Last edited:
they havent divided their state yet, like we did for haryanvi and pahari speakers. they too have seraki and other liguistic groups.

lol mate how many times i tell you i aint even talking about race or ethnicity, play this we are superior card with someone else..i already know how superior you guys are:enjoy::enjoy:
iam just comparing changes in the entire punjab, as i said, there are 16.5 million punjabis in india and pakistan combined, but the indian state of punjab (not entire east punjab), with 28 million people is more known throughout the world and has immense soft power..so current day indian state of punjab is faring very well.

lol enthicity..right. mate i know what we are and whose blood flows in our veins..there is a reason for gotra system in north india.we dont need lectures from people who add 4 kilos of brightness in their facebook pictures to look fair.
actually east punjabis built punjab, its literature,its forts, its culture...we were the ones who not only defeated the invaders from the west in punjab but also invaded their land and you guys got those land from british empire.

No race is superior to another. Every race has it's strong points. Certain peoples/races you are attracted to more than others and have a stronger affinity towards them. That's all.

Superiority and inferiority aside, ground REALITIES cannot be disputed no matter what anyone says on the net. Pakistan is the ONLY nation in the WHOLE history of mankind that has single handedly repulsed & survived an enemy that is more than 7x bigger than us and has abundant access to the world's most advanced weapons systems whilst we are denied this privilege. That is a virtually IMPOSSIBLE task that Pakistan has successfully managed to achieve. NO OTHER nation that has ever existed in 5000-10000 years of recorded human history has EVER managed to achieve that feat.

Last edited:
No race is superior to another. Every race has it's strong points. Certain peoples/races you are attracted to more than others and have a stronger affinity towards them. That's all.

Superiority and inferiority aside, ground REALITIES cannot be disputed no matter what anyone says on the net. Pakistan is the ONLY nation in the WHOLE history of mankind that has single handedly repulsed & survived an enemy that is more than 7x bigger than us and has abundant access to the world's most advanced weapons systems whilst we are denied this privilege. That is a virtually IMPOSSIBLE task that Pakistan has successfully managed to achieve. NO OTHER nation that has ever existed in 5000-10000 years of recorded human history has EVER managed to achieve that feat.
In the 3 full scale wars, you were never "7 times smaller" to start with..you were three times smaller by population in 1948,65and 71..not our problem if you didn't knew how to use that half of your population..and in those wars, you were the ones getting all the best weapons from West and average Pakistani per capita was 3 times of an indian at that time.
In those wars ,your army had ratio of 1:1.3 troops to india..which is not much considering you got all the latest tech weapons from west.
Even in 2002 stand off 5 lakh indian troops faced 3.5 lakh Pakistani forces.
And at last, the 3 times bigger neighbors, who was dying of starvation at that time..never really wanted to take your country.
I

In the 3 full scale wars, you were never "7 times smaller" to start with..you were three times smaller by population in 1948,65and 71..not our problem if you didn't knew how to use that half of your population..and in those wars, you were the ones getting all the best weapons from West and average Pakistani per capita was 3 times of an indian at that time.
In those wars ,your army had ratio of 1:1.3 troops to india..which is not much considering you got all the latest tech weapons from west.
Even in 2002 stand off 5 lakh indian troops faced 3.5 lakh Pakistani forces.
And at last, the 3 times bigger neighbors, who was dying of starvation at that time..never really wanted to take your country.
I

But then since you have been 7x bigger than Pakistan for nearly 50 years, you still havn't managed to destroy us even though a lot of your people have publicly claimed to wanting to do so.

The western equipment given to us was always limited and had restrictions. Spare parts were denied to us by the West and at crucial times when fighting an enemy many times bigger than us.

Have no idea were you got the figure of india being 3× bigger than Pakistan..............lol.....:rofl:

But then since you have been 7x bigger than Pakistan for nearly 50 years, you still havn't managed to destroy us even though a lot of your people have publicly claimed to wanting to do so.

The western equipment given to us was always limited and had restrictions. Spare parts were denied to us by the West and at crucial times when fighting an enemy many times bigger than us.

Have no idea were you got the figure of india being 3× bigger than Pakistan..............lol.....:rofl:

india may not want to "take" Pakistan but you certainly want to destroy us.

india may not want to "take" Pakistan but you certainly want to destroy us.
We have been bigger 7 times bigger than you from last 45 years and we have came far from where we were back then.. Pakistani percapita was three times that of indian back then and now india has higher per capita than Pakistan.
And more people have claimed to hoist the Islamic flag on red fort than some akhand bhart believers.. personally i would like to even secede some areas like bengal and kerala rather than adding more areas.

The 3 times bigger was the answer to ypur seven times bigger reply, as in all full scale wars, you were 3 times smaller by population,not 7.and even that advantage was covered by having large army and Western weapons.

And you are right, we never want to take Pakistan, we just want to take what is our according to instrument of accession..and that too not in these 2 coming decades for sure...we need to develope a lot economically,socially and morally before taking that..and the second part, if someone is unwilling to give our part , then we have to take it by force, which means destruction of enemy and us..so be it.

Well their is a small country in the middle east, , with apologies to it , which actually defeated a lot of arab countries , and not only in ISPR communications.

Well their is a small country in the middle east, , with apologies to it , which actually defeated a lot of arab countries , and not only in ISPR communications.

Courtesy of unlimited supply of advanced weapons systems, funding, military support, economic support and political support from American and Western Europe. That too against a foe who are highly militarily inept and don't have the humongous external support Israel does.

When the Israelis can do that ALL by THEMSELVES like Pakistan has done for nearly 70 years then they can talk. No Israeli enemy wants to defeat them because they know they will get nuked by the world's most powerful military should that happen.

Till then the tiny country in the Middle East is only good at killing innocent unarmed Palestinian babies, men, women, children and elderly.

We have been bigger 7 times bigger than you from last 45 years and we have came far from where we were back then.. Pakistani percapita was three times that of indian back then and now india has higher per capita than Pakistan.
And more people have claimed to hoist the Islamic flag on red fort than some akhand bhart believers.. personally i would like to even secede some areas like bengal and kerala rather than adding more areas.

The 3 times bigger was the answer to ypur seven times bigger reply, as in all full scale wars, you were 3 times smaller by population,not 7.and even that advantage was covered by having large army and Western weapons.

And you are right, we never want to take Pakistan, we just want to take what is our according to instrument of accession..and that too not in these 2 coming decades for sure...we need to develope a lot economically,socially and morally before taking that..and the second part, if someone is unwilling to give our part , then we have to take it by force, which means destruction of enemy and us..so be it.

Lol........

Lol......lol:rofl::rofl:........if you think india can take Pakistan sector of Kashmir........lol.

Back
Top Bottom