What's new

Pakistani officials furious over ‘Homeland’

why are u furious ? homeland is mainly abt iran

its iran who should be furious , but apparently our officials are cool with typical shyte spewing of holywood .

if they gave a damn , iranian hackers would have hacked the shyte outta "showtime" network just like what NK did with sony .

another 500 million dollars in damage and they'll learn not to spew shyte about others when they themselves are the ones who are deep in shyte

The force undermining Pakistan is Pakistanis themselves as they try and fail to divert the blame onto everybody but themselves, where it rightfully belongs.

Just like america diverts their blame on Pakistan time to time. America needs an introspection themselves and the first step is stop blaming and advising others what is best for them and start fixing their own messes

Just like america diverts their blame on Pakistan time to time. America needs an introspection themselves and the first step is stop blaming and advising others what is best for them and start fixing their own messes

Americans know where the buck stops: with USA.

We as Americans offer our apologies to Pakistanis. We Americans see this as complete stupid act on our part. Only a minority of Americans who wanna look the world with their glass act as @$$h0l3s. The series "Homeland" has embarrassed us once again as the lies and propaganda breaks all previous records.

We as Americans offer our apologies to Pakistanis. We Americans see this as complete stupid act on our part. Only a minority of Americans who wanna look the world with their glass act as @$$h0l3s. The series "Homeland" has embarrassed us once again as the lies and propaganda breaks all previous records.

This is really not true. I'm sure Pakistani origin Americans must be feeling embarrassed and all; but the general consensus is that the show is pretty darn good.
348943-f660307c8022673892740b6bb345b0c1.jpg

It is rated very highly and is actually gaining more traction with the viewers - with its new seasons. Most viewers are Americans. Average number of viewers in the US alone is 1.65 million (season 4) - not including the millions (in the US) who watch it online on Netflix, piracy sites and torrenting sites.

Attachments

• homeland.png
    homeland.png
    8 KB · Views: 16
Was fed up by season 3 and thought of dropping it forever. Resumed watching it after reading this thread.8-)

And that's the whole point,

The claims we reject are that ISI orchestrates terrorist activities. The terrorism is done by out of control elements, not those controlled by ISI.

You can blame Pakistan for losing control of its assets, but not for deliberately causing terrorism.

An awful lot of you don't know much geography at all, and even little you know beyond the maps, ie the language, culture history or even current events.
That's the same for just about every nation across the globe. It's only wrong when America is like that, if Pakistan was in the same position as the US then I could say the same about your country could I not?

Dumb *** white people

Believe me I've been in Canada for 10 years and white people are the dumbest race in this country

That's the same for just about every nation across the globe. It's only wrong when America is like that, if Pakistan was in the same position as the US then I could say the same about your country could I not?

It's fine to say that most of the people of the world, don't know anything about the rest. But for a country so constantly involved in the affairs of others, for a developed nation with a very high literacy rate, one of the richest, with the worlds best higher education institutes, there really is no excuse for the widespread ignorance of the outside world. That's for all countries, what makes it worse for Americans is the arrogance that comes with it, the implications it has on everyone, that it is seemingly more common and extreme.

I've been around Western Europe, and the West in general, but Americans it seems to me are by the far the most commonly clueless when it comes to the outside world.

Don't compare Pakistan, the not as wealthy country with low literacy rates with America.

If I'm not wrong, the poor geography skills is something discussed in America, not just a wild accusation by a foreigner like me.

The claims we reject are that ISI orchestrates terrorist activities. The terrorism is done by out of control elements, not those controlled by ISI.

You can blame Pakistan for losing control of its assets, but not for deliberately causing terrorism.
Interesting.....
Assuming Afghan Taliban to be construed as Terrorist, lets review:
A (The good old taliban)
According to Pakistani Afghanistan expert Ahmed Rashid, "between 1994 and 1999, an estimated 80,000 to 100,000 Pakistanis trained and fought in Afghanistan" on the side of the Taliban.Peter Tomsen stated that up until 9/11 Pakistani military and ISI officers along with thousands of regular Pakistani armed forces personnel had been involved in the fighting in Afghanistan.
Ref:Maley, William (2009). The Afghanistan wars. Palgrave Macmillan. p. 288. ISBN978-0-230-21313-5.
Ref:Tomsen, Peter (2011). Wars of Afghanistan. PublicAffairs. p. 322. ISBN978-1-58648-763-8.

Can a nation mobilise 100K people from their country without complcity of Military, if yes, then the situation is quite dire in pakistan...

B (consulte shonsulate)
Assuming Suicide Bombing on a Foreign Consulate is classified as terrorism in Pakistani judicial system.

The Indian Consulate General in Jalalabad was attacked by terrorists in 2007. According to Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security, individuals arrested by the Afghan government stated that the ISI was behind this attack and had given them Rs 120,000 for the operation.

Ref:Mark Mazzetti and Eric Schmitt (1 August 2008). "Pakistanis Aided Attack in Kabul, U.S. Officials Say". New York Times. Archived from the original on 4 February 2010. Retrieved 1 March 2010.

C (ISI's Assam Tea)
Assuming ULFA and terror organisation in Assam are militants,
According to the Institute for Conflict Management, of the 36 extremist groups operating in Assam against Indian interests, the ISI sponsors the Muslim United Liberation Tigers of Assam and the United Liberation Front of Assam, wonder Why?

Ref: MacDonald, David B. (2007). Karl R. DeRouen, Paul Bellamy, ed.International Security and the United States: An Encyclopedia, Volume 1. Praeger. p. 318. ISBN978-0275992545.

D (The remnants of good ol taliban)

Assuming that remnants of Taliban are terrorists.

American officials believe members of the Pakistani intelligence service are alerting militants to imminent American missile strikes in Pakistan's tribal areas. In October 2009, Davood Moradian, a senior policy adviser to foreign minister Spanta, said the British and American governments were fully aware of the ISI's role but lacked the courage to confront Islamabad. He claimed that the Afghan government had given British and American intelligence agents evidence that proved ISI involvement in bombings.

Ref: Nelson, Dean (2009-10-15). "Pakistan's ISI still supporting the Taliban, say Afghans – Pakistan's intelligence agency is directing Taliban attacks on Western targets in Afghanistan, Davood Moradian, a senior government official has claimed". London: Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-04-09.

Whats Up!

Back
Top Bottom