What's new

Pakistani Models And Actresses

So Mausami Soft Power projection not available in Ramadan?

Or these ladies doing Ramadan shows this month?

I am sure there are food related iftari sehri thread for soft power mantra available.

Cartes by Pasho

1938026-image-1553629855-986-640x480.jpg

With summer right around the corner, we got our hands on a few gorgeous pieces from Cartes by Pasho’s latest collections, Cartes Black and Cartes essentials. See how Faiza Sheikh and Rebecca Michael style these comfy, chic designs just in time for the new season!

3-1553629813.jpg

This powder peach embroidered kurta is perfect for summer! The neckline is adorned with organza and pearls and with lace finishing, this outfit is perfect for spring!

4-1553629822.jpg

Pastel shades are perfect for spring. This ice blue organza outfit is impeccably detailed with thread work, sequins and embroidery and finished with handcrafted scalloped edging.

2-1553629803.jpg

This straight line dusty green organza shirt has been embroidered with the finest Kashmiri stitch. Enhanced with silver tissue this kameez is perfect for an evening affair

1-1553629792.jpg

The classic white! Everyone loves white and this simple yet elegant white cotton net kurta is adorned with minimal floral embroidery and sequins detailing. This piece is finished with lace and organza accents. Perfect for the day time!

5-1553629829.jpg

Dressing up is a form of art; this Persian blue basic kurta has been embroidered with the old heritage cultural patterns of Egypt. With a casual cut and fine organza ruffles, this piece can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion!

Nomi Ansari, the host with the most throws a grand iftar party every Ramazan and some of the biggest names in fashion, film and television show up all dressed in white. That's the theme and surprisingly, everyone takes it very seriously.

Here's who attended and what they wore (what, we can't help but go style-spotting at the ace designer's bash!):

Find yourself someone who takes pictures of you like Hania Aamir does of Asim Azhar...
5ce28ca47574d.jpg

We stand a healthy, loving relationship!

Or who looks at you the way Yasir Hussain does at Iqra Aziz
5ce28df02bef5.jpg

Also can we just take a moment to appreciate Iqra's brows?!

Ayesha Omar obviously ended up on our best-dressed list
5ce28ca4a67bd.jpg

Love that pop of red!

Clearly, Gohar Rasheed couldn't be bothered with the dress code...
5ce2929ecb9e7.jpg

Kubra Khan and Gohar were all smiles

Can Saboor Aly's cute denim vest just magically appear in our closets please?
5ce2942f4608a.jpg

Spotted: Amar Khan, Zara Noor Abbas and Aly

Amna Ilyas and Iqra let their statement earrings do the talking
5ce2906da5111.jpg

Bling bling

We weren't kidding when we said EVERYONE showed up. 10 points if you can name all the celebs in these photos!
5ce28ca521829.jpg

Tempted to Photoshop ourselves into this shot

5ce28e53b77e0.jpg

Nida Yasir, Wajahat Rauf and Sanam Saeed were also in attendance

Did someone say girl gang?
5ce28ca4941bc.jpg

Aiman Khan and Minal Khan spotted with Iqra Aziz

5ce28feaedff6.jpg

From L-R: Sarwar Gillani, Ayesha Omar and Hania Aamir

Trust Tapu Javeri to take this monster selfie!
5ce28f0339404.jpg

The mother of all selfies!

They've definitely proven their timelessness.

5ce1113f668ef.jpg

From L-R: Mawra Hocane, Sanam Jung and Amna Babar

The once old-fashioned dotty favourite is back with a vengeance.

Pearl closet launches new collection

pearl-closet-launches-new-collection-1554137989-9921.jpg

Pearl Closet launched their spring/summer lawn collection at FPL, Dolmen Mall Clifton. The glitz and glamour quotient of the event was pretty high as the launch was graced by the presence of a host of popular celebrities, models and socialites from the K-town. The exhibition was a hit among fashionistas around town, as everyone seemed thrilled to sort out their ultimate summer attires. From well-known socialites to super models and celebrities, the who’s who of the industry made the exhibition a not-to-miss party. The popular clothing brand – Pearl Closet’s – trendy lawn designs were showcased for all the lawn buffs as part of their two-day exhibition and everyone seemed prepared for a collection they had never experienced before. The light-weight and cool outfits at Pearl Closet caught everyone’s attention as they weren’t just pretty looking but also seemed the perfectly comfortable fabric for all the summer stylistas out there. Following the annual craze around lawn outfits and their ever-changing designs, it was time for Pearl Closet to introduce the airy fabric with its exclusive and stylishtouch – fit for a glam queen. The launch will be followed by a two-day exhibition from 30th to 31st March and will feature latest collection comprised of a line-up of some of the season’s most exquisite designs.The event PR was well managed by Take II

Pakistani model Mushk Kaleem calls out brands for editing her ‘bronze’ complexion

486024_2037513_14_updates.jpg

Pakistan may have marked progress in some divisions but the society is still very much deeply drenched in the colonial hangover that only perceives white as beautiful.

Pakistani model Mushk Kaleem is tackling just that in her latest Instagram post as she appears to be completely frustrated by brands whitewashing her melanin.

“No, I'm not a pearlescent white-skinned girl, I'm dusky and bronze. To all the clients who book me for shoots and then expect me to douse myself in lighter makeup to make me look 'acceptable for lawn', I'd rather you not book me at all," she stated.

"My skin colour defines me, it's who I am, so if you feel like you need to whiten me up so that I match the 'requirements of the brief, or the shoot' or 'because Lahoris have issues with dark models for summer lawn' or whatever, please don't consider me for your shoots,” she added.

9 pastel outfits to soothe you this summer

AALA SIDDIQI

Want help on working pastels into your OOTD? We got you

5d08be2b9535f.png

5d08beafb505d.png

5d08be2b9535f.png

5d08beafb505d.png

5d08be2b9535f.png

Pastels aren't just for children's birthday parties anymore... seriously, everytime we scroll through our feeds, we see pastel shades everywhere! But you know what? We get it.

With this intense heat burning up our will to live, it makes sense to have tones that feel light and breezy.

These outfits are inspiring us to dig up the last pastel material we bought and head over to the tailor.

Go peachy like Sajal Aly
5cf0e393c2c00.png

Mansha Pasha's chikankari is vibrant in purple
5cf0e2c5762a1.png

Mawra Hocane paired her outfit with a pastel green dupatta
5d08beafb505d.png

50 shades of pastel for Sanam Saeed
5d08be2b9535f.png

Danish Taimoor keeping it casual in this pastel button down.
5cf0eaef10072.png

Ayesha Omar goes monochromatic in pale pink
5cf0e2d439fb4.png

Pair a white top with an icy blue skirt like Hareem Farooq
5cf0e36e17760.png

Aiza Khan went for a mint suit
5cf0e2d432f68.png

Mahira Khan mutes her pastels
5cf0e2c584d3b.png

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back