What's new

Pakistani Man killed wife for making vegetarian dinner

Apologetic COMMENTARY :|

I can show you enormous translations saying the same

Yusuf Ali: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
Pickthall: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.

Shakir: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

--Qur'an 4:34

Anyways,Here is prophets advice to wife beating

Narrated Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab: Iyas ibn Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) as saying: Do not beat Allah's handmaidens, but when Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them. Then many women came round the family of the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) complaining against their husbands. So the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Many women have gone round Muhammad's family complaining against their husbands. They are not the best among you.
Abu Dawud 11:2141

Here is Prophet Ayyub saying the Same

And remember Our servant Ayyub, when he called upon his Lord: The Shaitan has afflicted me with toil and torment. Urge with your foot; here is a cool washing-place and a drink. And We gave him his family and the like of them with them, as a mercy from Us, and as a reminder to those possessed of understanding. And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with It and do not break your oath; surely We found him patient; most excellent the servant! Surely he was frequent m returning (to Allah).
Qur'an 38:41-44

Here is Mother of Believers saying prophet used to BEAT HER

Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?..."

Sahih Muslim 4:2127

Anything more ? :O:

You will receive Negative Rating if you do not desist religious argument into the thread and last posting and without understanding and without context. This is a wider subject which requires careful understanding a person like you is not qualified.

It is understandable what you are trying to do just post verses/hadiths with "beat" theme trying to prove your point without context.

Anyone bringing in Religion-Quran-any holy book again or anything else will be reported and Negative Rating followed.

Hindu members refrain or there are alot of News directly related to hinduism religion and you holybook that could put you to shame so either leave Thread or don't post anything religious.

@Aeronaut @nuclearpak

Domestic violence in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is ample proof that the culture exists in India. May be this defence was never used in a case involving an Indian oversees. But this is how the people see Indian culture. I never said in my statement that an Indian has/would use this defence. But it stands as valid for an Indian as that for an Pakistani.

So? I could also post a history of domestic violence prevalent in any nation. What good does clubbing all of them together or to label it as culture do? The defense certainly points it out:

Defense attorney Julie Clark admitted Hussein beat his wife — but argued that he is guilty of only manslaughter because he didn’t intend to kill her. She said that in his home country, beating your wife is customary.

They don't dismiss it as a prevalent South Asian or even an Eastern phenomenon, regardless of the instances that could attest to it. I hope I've made it clear why your use of "our culture" as if anything every South Asian does is also an indictment of India is silly. They certainly do not pick up our slack, why must we?

Last edited:
I've answered it above !

I did not read the links that you cited, but what I understood is that there can be a number of interpretations of the Arabic words (especially for non Arabs) and this is not the first time that I have heard such explanation. It is up to the people how they interpret it and I doubt even a fraction of Muslims read such scholarly interpretations. My personal views on this subject or other religious controversial subjects are a little different. I think most of these religious books were written (pardon my choice of the word here, obviously as a non Muslim (agnostic actually) I don't believe it to be words from God, if I did I'd be a Muslim--but I am not imposing my views on anyone) thousands of years ago and they were appropriate for that time. I think it was not an unusual practice anywhere in the world 1400 years ago, I don't blame them for that, I'd have probably done the same thing at that time. But the problem lies in the direct implementation of the same ideas now word for word.

it requires time and space to understand our parents had got it wrong in some parts of our development ..but sad thing is if we won't realise then our children too get the same and the whole system will rust ..a dead wood is enough to float with the tide and it requires a lot to swim against the tide .. People should just open their Windows and allow the fresh air inside and be brave enough to swim in tougher conditions .. Life itself is worth the topic to live for .. You won't need any outside divinity to look for ..

Guys, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the term '' Peace be upon him'' used when the we mention the
Prophet(pbuh) but here we see the author/ translator using the term when mentioning the name Allah . Is this correct. ??

Narrated Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab: Iyas ibn Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) as saying: Do not beat Allah's handmaidens, but when Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them. Then many women came round the family of the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) complaining against their husbands. So the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Many women have gone round Muhammad's family complaining against their husbands. They are not the best among you.
Abu Dawud 11:2141

Dimagh means brain, doesn't it?

Oh yeah I missed that as well, dimagh would be closer to brain whereas sar would be head. So you ruined my brain lol.

Guys, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the term '' Peace be upon him'' used when the we mention the
Prophet(pbuh) but here we see the author/ translator using the term when mentioning the name Allah . Is this correct. ??

Apostle of Allah means he is referring to the Prophet pbuh not to Allah swt.

I did not read the links that you cited, but what I understood is that there can be a number of interpretations of the Arabic words (especially for non Arabs) and this is not the first time that I have heard such explanation. It is up to the people how they interpret it and I doubt even a fraction of Muslims read such scholarly interpretations. My personal views on this subject or other religious controversial subjects are a little different. I think most of these religious books were written (pardon my choice of the word here, obviously as a non Muslim (agnostic actually) I don't believe it to be words from God, if I did I'd be a Muslim--but I am not imposing my views on anyone) thousands of years ago and they were appropriate for that time. I think it was not an unusual practice anywhere in the world in 1400 years ago, I don't blame them for that, I'd have probably done the same thing at that time. But the problem lies in the direct implementation of the same ideas now word for word.

Thats because my friend most Muslims never had any ambiguity with any of this; those who beat their wives know for a fact that Islam doesn't allow this & only the most retarded extremists do so believing it but you can find a dustful of such people in every society irrespective of the religious or non religious belief systems they follow !

Secondly Islam was always an 'evolving' religion and thats something that Muslims have known as far back as one can remember hence the concept of 'Ijtihad' or 'Independent Reasoning' being central to Islam from one's daily life to the formulation of Jurisprudence !

In the beginning Islam even had a bunch of people who called themselves the Mutazilla or the Rationalists and their theories have driven Islamic thought in one way or the other for most part but alas when the Muslim Civilization floundered so did Muslim Thought alongside it & no new Thought Process was instigated in the Muslims World and the Rationalism that was taken for granted in the days of the past was replaced by 'Stagnation' on one hand that, over the centuries grew stale, and Fanaticism on the other - Thankfully it has remained on the fringe for the most part.

One of the reasons why Iqbal sought a Homeland in the North and the North-East of India (Allahadbad Address of 1930) was to remove the stamp of Arab Imperialism from Islam and 'Reinvent Islamic Thought' in the light of modernity and rationalist tradition !

Now the stamp also included Iranian Theocracy and Religious Fanaticism !

Be that as it may - The vast majority of Muslims still don't believe that believe one's wife is sanctioned by Islam because whether we know anything or not we all know a couple of dozen Koranic verses and more than a couple of dozen Hadith with their proper context and everything !

Back
Top Bottom