What's new

Pakistani Man killed wife for making vegetarian dinner

Can't stop yourself from attacking Islam haan?? And then you call yourself as secular. Why not come out open against Islam bharation and stop this drama of secularism for good.

Anyways interpretation of the verse you quoted. Read this and spend your time o hating something else. Islam is a global phenomenon that is irrevocable. It will grow no matter what!!!

Tafseer of Surah an-Nisa, Ayah 34

http://www.sistersinislam.org.my/news.php?item.42.46

If you managed to find similar issues with other religions, including Hinduism I would have similar views. It is tough for people like you to understand secularism. In any case secularism is a state concept, not personal.

The punishment of immoral conduct by a female is not a light beating. It is mostly stoning. I hope we can agree that the Quran might trump Hadith in all cases.

Immoral Conduct doesn't always equal Adultery nor does the Koran anywhere mention Stoning as the punishment for Adultery !

"When the above Qur'an-verse authorizing the beating of a refractory wife was revealed, the Prophet is reported to have said: "I wanted one thing, but God has willed another thing - and what God has willed must be best" "

-- So from your own reply it seems that the Quran indeed authorizes wife beating. :undecided:

"With all this, he stipulated in his sermon on the occasion of the Farewell Pilgrimage, shortly before his death, that beating should be resorted to only if the wife "has become guilty, in an obvious manner, of immoral conduct", and that it should be done "in such a way as not to cause pain (ghayr mubarrih)"

-- From that paragraph the prophet too authorized it with a condition, but how do you you beat someone in such a way that the person doesn't feel pain. What's the point of such punishment? :undecided: Lastly beating with toothbrush and all those methods prescribed were not mentioned in the Quran. The Quran is pretty clear about it as far as I am concerned, from what I understand from the English translation.

Surat An-Nisa' [4:34] - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

I've answered it above !

Ask a white man to differentiate between Pakistani and Indian culture.

Why should I? We are discussing a legal case here. If there ever was a legal precedent for such an occurrence, it can be considered as relevant. Asking random white people for their opinions would be counterproductive.

Immoral Conduct doesn't always equal Adultery nor does the Koran anywhere mention Stoning as the punishment for Adultery !

Thats true. What would you list things as immoral conduct?

No it Means Strike(As per usage in Qur'an)

(4:34:29) wa-iḍ'ribūhunnaand [finally] strike them فَعِظُوهُنَّ وَاهْجُرُوهُنَّ فِي الْمَضَاجِعِ وَاضْرِبُوهُنَّ

Words with Same Root

(7:160:13) iḍ'ribStrike وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ مُوسَىٰ إِذِ اسْتَسْقَاهُ قَوْمُهُ أَنِ اضْرِبْ بِعَصَاكَ الْحَجَرَ
(8:12:17) fa-iḍ'ribūso strike فَاضْرِبُوا فَوْقَ الْأَعْنَاقِ
(8:12:20) wa-iḍ'ribūand strike وَاضْرِبُوا مِنْهُمْ كُلَّ بَنَانٍ
(8:50:8) yaḍribūnastriking وَلَوْ تَرَىٰ إِذْ يَتَوَفَّى الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا الْمَلَائِكَةُ يَضْرِبُونَ وُجُوهَهُمْ وَأَدْبَارَهُمْ

The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Quran Dictionary

Are you retarded? Go back and read what I wrote again.

It has chanced a lot. Women are now more independent then ever. If you are from Karachi then you can clearly witness this.

Yeah I am originally from Karachi. Karachi is generally much better due to higher literacy rates.

Why should I? We are discussing a legal case here. If there ever was a legal precedent for such an occurrence, it can be considered as relevant. Asking random white people for their opinions would be counterproductive.

Domestic violence in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is ample proof that the culture exists in India. May be this defence was never used in a case involving an Indian oversees. But this is how the people see Indian culture. I never said in my statement that an Indian has/would use this defence. But it stands as valid for an Indian as that for an Pakistani.

Quote the Exact hadith then :|

Actually I cannot find that hadith the only ones I have found have him saying do not beat them at all, this website says that hadith about light beating is a fabrication.

Wife beating is not allowed in Islam in any case!
What about the saying about striking the wife lightly on her hand with a siwak?

There is not a single Saying or Noble Verse from Prophet Muhammad or the Noble Quran respectively that mentions any such beating.

A siwak is a small piece of wood that is approximately twice as long as an index finger and as thick as a thumb, which was used 1400 years ago to brush the teeth and the bad breath.

This saying actually belongs to Imam Shafie, and not to Prophet Muhammad. Imam Shafie or Minister Shafie is a popular Muslim scholar that came 100s of years after Prophet Muhammad. I used to have the reference information to his saying about this subject, but unfortunately I lost it. When I find it insha'Allah (if Allah Almighty wills it) I will post it.

It is a believable defence, as this is how our culture is looked upon.

What do you mean, "our culture". Yeah and no at most this will reduce charges but he will still go to jail for a long time, although it is too bad that this happened in NY where the death penalty is banned.

I have heard such explanation before. But if Arabic was so ambiguous, how do people communicate using it? If you write a letter to an unknown person how would he know what you actually meant. People might interpret it the way they want and you can't fault them for doing so. A lot of "misinterpretation" of Islam that we keep hearing about may be due to the unclear nature of the Arabic language.

Current arabic is very informal contrary to how it is used in quran which is formal. Formal language when used usually has very precise meaning of words used. My cousin is an islamic scholar and i had a go with him about this and according to him people mix up formal and informal arabic nowadays so there is a lot of confussion.
If you ask for my opinion if a person wants to twist the meaning for something bad then there is no stopping that person whatever that case.

I have heard such explanation before. But if Arabic was so ambiguous, how do people communicate using it? If you write a letter to an unknown person how would he know what you actually meant. People might interpret it the way they want and you can't fault them for doing so. A lot of "misinterpretation" of Islam that we keep hearing about may be due to the unclear nature of the Arabic language.

Arabic is not so unambiguous...it makes perfect sense to a native Arabic speaker because he or she understands the rhyme and meter of what is being said and in what context !

Its like translating the following into English & saying why does it sound so ambiguous ?

Urdu: Mera dimagh kharaab kar diyaa haii !

As English : You've broken my head !

As opposed to : You've given me a headache !

Edit : Did I write 'un'ambiguos ? :ashamed:

Last edited:
What do you mean, "our culture". Yeah and no at most this will reduce charges but he will still go to jail for a long time, although it is too bad that this happened in NY where the death penalty is banned.
"Our" - a third world developing country. Where all crimes of a developed world are common place happenings.
And by valid defence I meant it is sad but not stupid. He would have his charges dropped down to manslaughter from murder.

Arabic is not so unambiguous...it makes perfect sense to a native Arabic speaker because he or she understands the rhyme and meter of what is being said and in what context !

Its like translating the following into English & saying why does it sound so unambiguous ?

Urdu: Mera dimagh kharaab kar diyaa haii !

As English : You've broken my head !

As opposed to : You've given me a headache !

Kharab would be ruined, so it would make even less sense. You ruined my head lol.

Back
Top Bottom