What's new

Pakistani Man killed wife for making vegetarian dinner

its funny how in incidents like these.
The nationality is put right before the gender.
Not that i only mean Pakistan.
It is like every one!

Never seen they type "American Man did this or that" instead i see "1 man shot his balls out" Well.

Thats just me, maybe im just overacting :l

The punishment of immoral conduct by a female is not a light beating. It is mostly stoning. I hope we can agree that the Quran might trump Hadith in all cases.

Stupidity is everywhere,even puranas and smritis mention stupid and anti women things :|

Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is most high.
--Qur'an 4:34

Yes but when the Prophet was asked how does God intend for us to beat our wives, he said "dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means basically a tap.

However some Muslim men will go overboard and straight beat their wife half to death and they should be rightfully punished for such things.

What the Quran says in this matter is not important for the given case. He will be dealt with according to US criminal law.

its funny how in incidents like these.
The nationality is put right before the gender.
Not that i only mean Pakistan.
It is like every one!

Never seen they type "American Man did this or that" instead i see "1 man shot his balls out" Well.

Thats just me, maybe im just overacting :l

This same stuff happens all over the Sub continent. India and Bangladesh are also one of the worst offenders if not even more. Keeping the female population in "check" by ignorance is the number one weapon men have tried to preserve with all sorts of religious and cultural excuses. I will admit that big cities the cases drop but you can take the man out of the village but you cant take the village out of the man, who in most cases is proud to accept that his ignorance is Jadi Pushti.

This word can be translated into several words in English.
Strike them
Belittle them
Let out
lock out

When translated from Arabic some sentences dont make sense in other languages.
My Arabic teacher told me that here it can easily mean strike them.
Strike them in Arabic has been used for divorce.
Another meaning is lock out could easily mean to tell them to get out of house.
Some people just find it convenient to use term beat them specially after some Saudi sheikh issued a fatwa to legitimise beating of women.

So unless you understand quran then dont quote it to satisfy your own personal vendata against muslims.

I have heard such explanation before. But if Arabic was so ambiguous, how do people communicate using it? If you write a letter to an unknown person how would he know what you actually meant. People might interpret it the way they want and you can't fault them for doing so. A lot of "misinterpretation" of Islam that we keep hearing about may be due to the unclear nature of the Arabic language.

It is a believable defence, as this is how our culture is looked upon.

Our culture? I'm yet to hear an Indian pleading cultural differences for reduced charges. Perhaps you could bring up some examples to further your point.

People find ways to justify fault in their religion(which is always man made),it happens everywhere,good luck :)

One can also say that people who want to find a fault in something leave no stone unturned. So no reason to argue with people who already made up their mind about something.

Apologetic COMMENTARY :|

I can show you enormous translations saying the same

Yusuf Ali: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
Pickthall: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.

Shakir: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

--Qur'an 4:34

Anyways,Here is prophets advice to wife beating

Narrated Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab: Iyas ibn Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) as saying: Do not beat Allah's handmaidens, but when Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them. Then many women came round the family of the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) complaining against their husbands. So the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Many women have gone round Muhammad's family complaining against their husbands. They are not the best among you.
Abu Dawud 11:2141

Here is Prophet Ayyub saying the Same

And remember Our servant Ayyub, when he called upon his Lord: The Shaitan has afflicted me with toil and torment. Urge with your foot; here is a cool washing-place and a drink. And We gave him his family and the like of them with them, as a mercy from Us, and as a reminder to those possessed of understanding. And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with It and do not break your oath; surely We found him patient; most excellent the servant! Surely he was frequent m returning (to Allah).
Qur'an 38:41-44

Here is Mother of Believers saying prophet used to BEAT HER

Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?..."

Sahih Muslim 4:2127

Anything more ? :O:

This was not a recent translation or commentary it was written before the ones you mentioned above. At any rate they're mentioning the same thing but because everything is said in a particular 'context' one that which we extract from the Hadith hence why numerous ahadhith from authentic sources are mentioned in my previous reply.

If you want to delve into it a bit more : Wife beating is not allowed in Islam in any case!

Then recently questions have been raised about the translation of the Arabic into English as to why the word 'beat' was used when in the original Arabic it doesn't say that and the Prophetic Traditions talk about something else. You can read more about that here: Islams Women - "Then Beat Them"? (Your Wives)

Lastly the Hadith you mentioned has been contextualized centuries before in the Tafsir ibn Kathir and even within the Sahih Muslim as the word being 'Push' not 'Hit' and this is supported by numerous Hadith themselves talking about the Prophet (PBUH) 's great dislike for beating one's wife !

You can read more about this here: Refuting The Allegation That ‘Muhammed hit his wife Aisha’ and more! | Discover The Truth

Yes but when the Prophet was asked how does God intend for us to beat our wives, he said "dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means basically a tap.

No it Means Strike(As per usage in Qur'an)

(4:34:29) wa-iḍ'ribūhunnaand [finally] strike them فَعِظُوهُنَّ وَاهْجُرُوهُنَّ فِي الْمَضَاجِعِ وَاضْرِبُوهُنَّ

Words with Same Root

(7:160:13) iḍ'ribStrike وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ مُوسَىٰ إِذِ اسْتَسْقَاهُ قَوْمُهُ أَنِ اضْرِبْ بِعَصَاكَ الْحَجَرَ
(8:12:17) fa-iḍ'ribūso strike فَاضْرِبُوا فَوْقَ الْأَعْنَاقِ
(8:12:20) wa-iḍ'ribūand strike وَاضْرِبُوا مِنْهُمْ كُلَّ بَنَانٍ
(8:50:8) yaḍribūnastriking وَلَوْ تَرَىٰ إِذْ يَتَوَفَّى الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا الْمَلَائِكَةُ يَضْرِبُونَ وُجُوهَهُمْ وَأَدْبَارَهُمْ

The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Quran Dictionary

Back
Top Bottom