What's new

Pakistani Man killed wife for making vegetarian dinner

Please do quote quran for us as we clearly missed this part when we read it.

Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is most high.
--Qur'an 4:34

Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is most high.

It is evident from many authentic Traditions that the Prophet himself intensely detested the idea of beating one's wife, and said on more than one occasion, "Could any of you beat his wife as he would beat a slave, and then lie with her in the evening?" (Bukhari and Muslim). According to another Tradition, he forbade the beating of any woman with the words, "Never beat God's handmaidens" (Abu Da'ud, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Ibn Hibban and Hakim, on the authority of Iyas ibn 'Abd Allah; Ibn Hibban, on the authority of 'Abd Allah ibn 'Abbas; and Bayhaqi, on the authority of Umm Kulthum). When the above Qur'an-verse authorizing the beating of a refractory wife was revealed, the Prophet is reported to have said: "I wanted one thing, but God has willed another thing - and what God has willed must be best" (see Manar V, 74). With all this, he stipulated in his sermon on the occasion of the Farewell Pilgrimage, shortly before his death, that beating should be resorted to only if the wife "has become guilty, in an obvious manner, of immoral conduct", and that it should be done "in such a way as not to cause pain (ghayr mubarrih)"; authentic Traditions to this effect are found in Muslim, Tirmidhi, Abu Da'ud, Nasa'i and Ibn Majah. On the basis of these Traditions, all the authorities stress that this "beating", if resorted to at all, should be more or less symbolic - "with a toothbrush, or some such thing" (Tabari, quoting the views of scholars of the earliest times), or even "with a folded handkerchief" (Razi); and some of the greatest Muslim scholars (e.g., Ash-Shafi'i) are of the opinion that it is just barely permissible, and should preferably be avoided: and they justify this opinion by the Prophet's personal feelings with regard to this problem.

(The Message of the Quran, translated and explained by Muhammad Asad, pg.118)

This is an authoritative translation of the Koran in the Orthodox tradition by Muhammad Asad in which he gives the above explanation and context for verse 4:34 along with authentic Prophetic traditions from numerous authentic sources !

So please don't teach our religion to us !

Yes but even there its looked down upon and its becoming more and more socially unacceptable !

Well I haven't been to Pakistan since 12 years so I really hope Pakistanis are changing some of their silly tribal and unethical customs.

PS another Hindutav troll is out of the bag attacking Pakistan and Islam. These retards are really mad because we are making fun of his god Modi.

It is evident from many authentic Traditions that the Prophet himself intensely detested the idea of beating one's wife, and said on more than one occasion, "Could any of you beat his wife as he would beat a slave, and then lie with her in the evening?" (Bukhari and Muslim). According to another Tradition, he forbade the beating of any woman with the words, "Never beat God's handmaidens" (Abu Da'ud, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Ibn Hibban and Hakim, on the authority of Iyas ibn 'Abd Allah; Ibn Hibban, on the authority of 'Abd Allah ibn 'Abbas; and Bayhaqi, on the authority of Umm Kulthum). When the above Qur'an-verse authorizing the beating of a refractory wife was revealed, the Prophet is reported to have said: "I wanted one thing, but God has willed another thing - and what God has willed must be best" (see Manar V, 74). With all this, he stipulated in his sermon on the occasion of the Farewell Pilgrimage, shortly before his death, that beating should be resorted to only if the wife "has become guilty, in an obvious manner, of immoral conduct", and that it should be done "in such a way as not to cause pain (ghayr mubarrih)"; authentic Traditions to this effect are found in Muslim, Tirmidhi, Abu Da'ud, Nasa'i and Ibn Majah. On the basis of these Traditions, all the authorities stress that this "beating", if resorted to at all, should be more or less symbolic - "with a toothbrush, or some such thing" (Tabari, quoting the views of scholars of the earliest times), or even "with a folded handkerchief" (Razi); and some of the greatest Muslim scholars (e.g., Ash-Shafi'i) are of the opinion that it is just barely permissible, and should preferably be avoided: and they justify this opinion by the Prophet's personal feelings with regard to this problem.

This is an authoritative translation of the Koran in the Orthodox tradition by Muhammad Asad in which he gives the above explanation and context for verse 4:34 along with authentic Prophetic traditions from numerous authentic sources !

Apologetic COMMENTARY :|

I can show you enormous translations saying the same

Yusuf Ali: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
Pickthall: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.

Shakir: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Anyways,Here is prophets advice to wife beating

Narrated Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab: Iyas ibn Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) as saying: Do not beat Allah's handmaidens, but when Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them. Then many women came round the family of the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) complaining against their husbands. So the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Many women have gone round Muhammad's family complaining against their husbands. They are not the best among you.
Abu Dawud 11:2141

Here is Prophet Ayyub saying the Same

And remember Our servant Ayyub, when he called upon his Lord: The Shaitan has afflicted me with toil and torment. Urge with your foot; here is a cool washing-place and a drink. And We gave him his family and the like of them with them, as a mercy from Us, and as a reminder to those possessed of understanding. And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with It and do not break your oath; surely We found him patient; most excellent the servant! Surely he was frequent m returning (to Allah).
Qur'an 38:41-44

Here is Mother of Believers saying prophet used to BEAT HER

Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?..."

Sahih Muslim 4:2127

Anything more ? :O:

"When the above Qur'an-verse authorizing the beating of a refractory wife was revealed, the Prophet is reported to have said: "I wanted one thing, but God has willed another thing - and what God has willed must be best" "

-- So from your own reply it seems that the Quran indeed authorizes wife beating. :undecided:

"With all this, he stipulated in his sermon on the occasion of the Farewell Pilgrimage, shortly before his death, that beating should be resorted to only if the wife "has become guilty, in an obvious manner, of immoral conduct", and that it should be done "in such a way as not to cause pain (ghayr mubarrih)"

-- From that paragraph the prophet too authorized it with a condition, but how do you you beat someone in such a way that the person doesn't feel pain. What's the point of such punishment? :undecided: Lastly beating with toothbrush and all those methods prescribed were not mentioned in the Quran. The Quran is pretty clear about it as far as I am concerned, from what I understand from the English translation.

Surat An-Nisa' [4:34] - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

Well I haven't been to Pakistan since 12 years so I really hope Pakistanis are changing some of their silly tribal and unethical customs.

PS another Hindutav troll is out of the bag attacking Pakistan and Islam. These retards are really mad because we are making fun of his god Modi.

It has chanced a lot. Women are now more independent then ever. If you are from Karachi then you can clearly witness this.

"When the above Qur'an-verse authorizing the beating of a refractory wife was revealed, the Prophet is reported to have said: "I wanted one thing, but God has willed another thing - and what God has willed must be best" "

-- So from your own reply it seems that the Quran indeed authorizes wife beating. :undecided:

"With all this, he stipulated in his sermon on the occasion of the Farewell Pilgrimage, shortly before his death, that beating should be resorted to only if the wife "has become guilty, in an obvious manner, of immoral conduct", and that it should be done "in such a way as not to cause pain (ghayr mubarrih)"

-- From that paragraph the prophet too authorized it with a condition, but how do you you beat someone in such a way that the person doesn't feel pain. What's the point of such punishment? :undecided: Lastly beating with toothbrush and all those methods prescribed were not mentioned in the Quran. The Quran is pretty clear about it as far as I am concerned, from what I understand from the English translation.

Surat An-Nisa' [4:34] - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

Can't stop yourself from attacking Islam haan?? And then you call yourself as secular. Why not come out open against Islam bharation and stop this drama of secularism for good.

Anyways interpretation of the verse you quoted. Read this and spend your time o hating something else. Islam is a global phenomenon that is irrevocable. It will grow no matter what!!!

Tafseer of Surah an-Nisa, Ayah 34

http://www.sistersinislam.org.my/news.php?item.42.46

This word can be translated into several words in English.
Strike them
Belittle them
Let out
lock out

When translated from Arabic some sentences dont make sense in other languages.
My Arabic teacher told me that here it can easily mean strike them.
Strike them in Arabic has been used for divorce.
Another meaning is lock out could easily mean to tell them to get out of house.
Some people just find it convenient to use term beat them specially after some Saudi sheikh issued a fatwa to legitimise beating of women.

So unless you understand quran then dont quote it to satisfy your own personal vendata against muslims.

The punishment of immoral conduct by a female is not a light beating. It is mostly stoning. I hope we can agree that the Quran might trump Hadith in all cases.

This word can be translated into several words in English.
Strike them
Belittle them
Let out
lock out

When translated from Arabic some sentences dont make sense in other languages.
My Arabic teacher told me that here it can easily mean strike them.
Strike them in Arabic has been used for divorce.
Another meaning is lock out could easily mean to tell them to get out of house.
Some people just find it convenient to use term beat them specially after some Saudi sheikh issued a fatwa to legitimise beating of women.

So unless you understand quran then dont quote it to satisfy your own personal vendata against muslims.

People find ways to justify fault in their religion(which is always man made),it happens everywhere,good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom