What's new

"Pakistani Lives Matter" Two Teenage girls charged with murder after stealing and assaulting 66-Year Old Pakistani UberEats driver in Washington, USA

Wrong question. The entire premise is wrong. Like I have explained to you, these children belonged to parents that were a product of a failed system. That didn't happen overnight. It is abnormal for children of such an age group to steal cars in clear daylight. These children belong to neighborhoods where crime is rampant. The system neglects such failures of the society. It is also a failure of the system.

It is "also" a failure of the system is an implied acceptance that the primary responsibility lies with the individuals. Thank you for the begrudging admission. :D

Exactly right. That alone says a lot now, does it not?

Absolutely. I am not making excuses for this behavior. I despise the values (or complete lack of)in that culture tbh but I am explaining why it is the way it is. I have had many personal experiences dealing with ghetto people probably unlike most people on this board.
Wrong question. The entire premise is wrong. Like I have explained to you, these children belonged to parents that were a product of a failed system. That didn't happen overnight. It is abnormal for children of such an age group to steal cars in clear daylight. These children belong to neighborhoods where crime is rampant. The system neglects such failures of the society. Don't expect generational failure to fix itself. The government and the system has a responsibility to fix the problem. It is indeed a failure of the system.

I agree that society has a responsibility but at this point, besides offering programs and assistance, what can the state do short of forcefully coming in and parenting these kids? Because the issue at heart is the complete lack of parenting and awful role models.

Honestly the time to fix the problem was right after slavery. The state could've taken in the slave population en masse, educated them, guided the culture and assimilated them into mainstream society. Instead they were shunned and continued to be exploited and discriminated against, just fueling this toxic state of affairs.

Absolutely. I am not making excuses for this behavior. I despise the values (or complete lack of)in that culture tbh but I am explaining why it is the way it is. I have had many personal experiences dealing with ghetto people probably unlike probably most people on this board.
If children and families continue to live in ghetto's, surrounded by crime and poverty and no good role models, with access to horrible schools, it's not exactly giving them the same tools to succeed as those kids in better neighborhoods.

Does the system then not need to be changed to move away from the model of low income projects/neighborhoods and move towards something where low income housing is spread out through other higher income neighborhoods allowing more low income families to access better schools and facilities and safer & environments?

If children and families continue to live in ghetto's, surrounded by crime and poverty and no good role models, with access to horrible schools, it's not exactly giving them the same tools to succeed as those kids in better neighborhoods.

Does the system then not need to be changed to move away from the model of low income projects/neighborhoods and move towards something where low income housing is spread out through other higher income neighborhoods allowing more low income families to access better schools and facilities and safer & environments?

Sure. But the parenting is going to be the same. How do you change the parenting? Many of these kids have single moms and siblings fathered by different dads. The mom is a total hoodrat, completely irrational and has mental problems. How do you change that?

Secondly, if you lived in a rich neighborhood and suddenly there are inner city kids who have violent behavioral problems joining your kid's school and interacting with your kids, how would you feel? If you kid came home with a black eye, would you still be cool with it in the name of social justice?

Again, the situation is very complicated.

I agree that society has a responsibility but at this point, besides offering programs and assistance, what can the state do short of forcefully coming in and parenting these kids? Because the issue at heart is the complete lack of parenting and awful role models.

Yes, try that and watch the backlash at depriving those poor parents the right to parent their own children as they see fit. And then watch states try to do the job of parenting, which is not they are there for.
Sure. But the parenting is going to be the same. How do you change the parenting? Many of these kids have single moms and siblings fathered by different dads. The mom is a total hoodrat, completely irrational and has mental problems. How do you change that?

Only the parents can be responsible for their children, primarily.

I agree - parenting is a huge factor, and I don't know how you even start addressing it. But I do know that you're not going to bring about any significant change by continuing with (in my view) the failed experiment of low income housing projects and neighborhoods that just serve to concentrate poverty, crime, and poor public services and infrastructure, especially schools.

Yes, try that and watch the backlash at depriving those poor parents the right to parent their own children as they see fit. And then watch states try to do the job of parenting, which is not they are there for.

Only the parents can be responsible for their children, primarily.

The issue that we need to have a public conversation about is the complete breakdown of parenting in the inner city, but we will never have that conversation because it is not PC.

The issue that we need to have a public conversation about is the complete breakdown of parenting in the inner city, but we will never have that conversation because it is not PC.

One can see the same issues with Columbine and Sandy Hook too, so it is a much broader discussion than what this present thread is about.

Secondly, if you lived in a rich neighborhood and suddenly there are inner city kids who have violent behavioral problems joining your kid's school and interacting with your kids, how would you feel? If you kid came home with a black eye, would you still be cool with it in the name of social justice?
Schools in higher income neighborhoods have significantly more resources - they can afford focused coaching, increased one-on-one intervention etc.

Yes, not every kid coming in is going to change, but even if you're able to change the course of 10% of those kids, that's 10% fewer potential future parents with the same problems as the previous generation, and then perhaps 10% more in the generation after that.

Of course. After all, if an immigrant from a third world country can make his way half-way across the world, and then make up for all the disadvantages by sheer hard work and determination, surely those qualities matter more than the precise origin. The bigger question here is shouldn't the locals claiming endless discrimination and victimization be able find it in themselves to rise through all the roadblocks too, just as far more disadvantaged immigrants eem to do within the same system. Or is it somebody else's job?
They should - frankly these were just bad kids from whatever social background which really is tangential. It also reflects on uber and other driving firms to provide more protection(in terms of background checks) but what do you do with kids and then do you end up with underprivileged areas again because services like these won’t operate in such areas?

AHHAHAHAHHA here in Pakistan wing commander son injured 2 citizen n MNA killed traffic police sergeant. Here people are discussing over sea's Pakistani American for Justice :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They should - frankly these were just bad kids from whatever social background which really is tangential. It also reflects on uber and other driving firms to provide more protection(in terms of background checks) but what do you do with kids and then do you end up with underprivileged areas again because services like these won’t operate in such areas?

It is not just Uber and similar services. There are no good supermarkets in underprivileged areas but many liquor stores, simply because of the patterns of sales. Companies go where the profits are, obviously. There are no bad kids, only bad parents, but the kids pay the price.

They will most likely go to juvie and will be back on streets once they turn 18

There’s a More than decent chance they will be charged as adults. Meaning, there’s a chance they could go to jail for a very long time

Back
Top Bottom