What's new

Pakistani GIDS TAKBIR Series Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb

For JF-17 Turkish SOM J with TOT is the best solution. Work with Turkey to increase the range of it. RAAD II is way to heavy. Just try to take SOM J range to 600 KM or even more. @Tipu7
Turkish munitions will come with passage of time. There are plenty of options available for variety of platform which PAF is flying or will be flying in near future ...

which satellite is guiding these bombs ? GPS or chinese variant

For JF-17 Turkish SOM J with TOT is the best solution. Work with Turkey to increase the range of it. RAAD II is way to heavy. Just try to take SOM J range to 600 KM or even more. @Tipu7
Turkey does have plans to take it upto 1500-2500km from current 275Km range but I think that would be a land/ship based variant. Raad is twice as heavy but twice the range and warhead weight, SOM would make sense for smaller targets. You are right it could likely find way to JF-17, more likely if bought by Azerbaijan because they've bought SOMs from Turkey.

Any missile from Turkey would be max limited to 280Km because of Missile export restriction, Chinese bypass it by advertising lower specs for export designated model to us but doubt Turkey can do the same and get away with it as they are reliant on EU suppliers.

Turkey does have plans to take it upto 1500-2500km from current 275Km range but I think that would be a land/ship based variant. Raad is twice as heavy but twice the range and warhead weight, SOM would make sense for smaller targets. You are right it could likely find way to JF-17, more likely if bought by Azerbaijan because they've bought SOMs from Turkey.

Any missile from Turkey would be max limited to 280Km because of Missile export restriction, Chinese bypass it by advertising lower specs for export designated model to us but doubt Turkey can do the same and get away with it as they are reliant on EU suppliers.
Air Launched Cruise missile which are fired from fighter jets like F-16, JF-17 and F-15 and other similar air crafts, I doubt that can be taken beyond 1000 KM. To fire 2500 KM range cruise missile you would need something like B1 Bomber or the ones Russia and China have which Pakistan doesn't require.

Erm - no - Pakistan should make a Raa'd - Lite instead !!! Pakistan obviosuly knows how to make CM's / SOW etc, so why not keeping going in that space and make better CMs and SOWs products? It can afford more of homegrown versus imported and it is one of the few thigs that Pakistan does right. CMs / SOWs are consumeables and should be the things that Pakistan must make for itself when the opportunity arises.

Ground Clearance ...
Noted.

However Ra'ad- II Aerodynamic layout was specifically modified, Thunder Blk - III Wings strengthened and reports claiming the integration - No official pictures available.

You may be 100% correct though. Lets wait.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks but what about H2/H4. Why are they not equipping JF-17?

That's public info, and IIR seeker is confirmed - when I gave info on REK III, no one even knew they existed within PAF arsenal. This first picture just came out.
Do we have any iron bombs left, except in storage. Takbir, the REK series seem to be all that we hope the Thunders and the F10 carry.The F16 have JDAMs.

Do we locally produce cluster ammunition for aircraft. Should start looking into ARMs and AAMs as well.

Thanks but what about H2/H4. Why are they not equipping JF-17?
I can only surmise but here it goes.
A. H series are bulky and given their weight are unsuitable for wing deployment ( I guess the weight is around 1100kgs).
B. It needs a designator POD, the integration of which is additional work for very little gain.
C. PAF has now acquired the GIDS series and RAAD which are much better systems for designated purposes. They also are F&F which means the platforms delivers and the RTBs, without the need to guide it all the way. Also with RAAD Stand off range is increased even further giving a platform further security.
Although there is very little news coming out of PAF there seems to be a concerted effort to deploy RAAD from a JFT.
D. A further reason could be the necessity of finding a niche for the M5s as SOW delivery platform in its current role. It frees up the JFT for its MR role. PAF has H-series weapons and they are still relevant 8n the Indo Pak arena therefore it will use them till obsolescence.
A

A. H series are bulky and given their weight are unsuitable for wing deployment ( I guess the weight is around 1100kgs).
B. It needs a designator POD, the integration of which is additional work for very little gain.
C. PAF has now acquired the GIDS series and RAAD which are much better systems for designated purposes. They also are F&F which means the platforms delivers and the RTBs, without the need to guide it all the way. Also with RAAD Stand off range is increased even further giving a platform further security.
Although there is very little news coming out of PAF there seems to be a concerted effort to deploy RAAD from a JFT.
D. A further reason could be the necessity of finding a niche for the M5s as SOW delivery platform in its current role. It frees up the JFT for its MR role. PAF has H-series weapons and they are still relevant 8n the Indo Pak arena therefore it will use them till obsolescence.
A
Does Pakistan have other munitions that can be manually guided using the video feed, like the Mirages guided the H weapons during Swift Retort strikes?? We haven't seen or heard about REK footage from the Thunder strikes, so I assume they were delivered in fire and forget mode....

A
Cant jeffs already carry targetting pods. H4 makes for a good standoff weapon in SEAD/DEAD and long range ground strike scenarios.

Cant jeffs already carry targetting pods. H4 makes for a good standoff weapon in SEAD/DEAD and long range ground strike scenarios.
its a datalink pod not designator, h4 needs a connection to the host plane

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom