What's new

Pakistani GIDS TAKBIR Series Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb

But wouldn't that negate the long-range benefit of the FT-12? The only way it SALH could work at that range (away from the launch aircraft) is have a nearby JTAC or UAV.
Exactly right.

That said, I wonder how costly adding IIR as a terminal-seeker would be when it's becoming so common for ATGMs. By this point (or in the next 3 years), the economies-of-scale for those seekers should reach a point comparable to SALH from a few years ago.
Actually, seekers for LGB are one of the simplest/cheapest kinds of seekers there are, so that's not an issue. They can be this simple because they rely on illumination so do not have to be as sensitive as say an IR missile (which needs cooling).

You mean Himmat-6?

Plot twist: Put the designator ON the FT-12 as well. Well have this then
That isn't far from a loyal wingman or decoy UAV that can do autonomous attacks.

Re: "H-6" ... I'm hoping the PAF bought the plans for the Raptor III. The senior member Bilal Khan_777 proposed it as a good idea after forecasting the ASELPOD, MILGEM and (interestingly) TFX programs.

The ideal weapon was tested back in the 90s in the US
Called LOCAAS and LOCPOD

from someone who worked on the program - simple and effective:

mouth.

“The program was the LOCPOD - Low Cost Powered Dispenser. It had three Sidewinder motors, so it could be launched by the Warthog at 300 feet and go 25 clicks off axis. From a Buff at 35K it could prolly go a hundred miles.

I did the aircraft integration design and the pilot interface and store control algorithms for the thing.

US, Canada, Sapin and Italy were the users, so I had to come up with something that would work on almost anything.

Used GPS to get it to airfields (primary tgt considering the WW3 scenario in eastern Europe). Puked out BKEP's, mines and other cluster munitions using airbags, no kidding! Tink they were from a Mecedes. Rand Corp said that a flight of four Wrthogs or Vipers could close any field in the Pact, and keep it closed for quite a few hours.”

@JamD Here we go. And now these are coming with IIR seekers. JF will drop and bug the f out, at 200KM+ =)

Full credits to @farooqbhai007 for finding this.

1661880640148.png

Last edited:
True, not sure what I was thinking when writing that, also - in essence, we do not know the real CEP for FT-12. I do believe they'd be used against hardened, fixed targets (command structures mostly). As for H2/H4 replacements, you guys are right in a way that we wont be phasing them out anytime soon. This also means that Mirage will need to soldier on for a while more.

Interesting how the video immediately cuts off before you'd imagine the booster kicking off. =)

the CEP is 15m, as stated by the manufacturer

That's public info, and IIR seeker is confirmed - when I gave info on REK III, no one even knew they existed within PAF arsenal. This first picture just came out.

So essentially H-4 replacement finally? As H-4 couldn't be mated with JF-17. Plus RA'ad -II is already mated with JF-17 and plane spotters has seen JF-17 flying with Ra'ad. Finally the Mirages can be replaced ?

So essentially H-4 replacement finally? As H-4 couldn't be mated with JF-17. Plus RA'ad -II is already mated with JF-17 and plane spotters has seen JF-17 flying with Ra'ad. Finally the Mirages can be replaced ?
Was it a compatibility issue or (like Raad) a structural issue? With respect to RAAD, are there any images corroborating the fact that JF-17 is flying with it? Plus, with induction of J-10, EVEN if the Raad/jf-17 marriage remains elusive from a structural issue, the J-10 could take over the Raad use.

Was it a compatibility issue or (like Raad) a structural issue? With respect to RAAD, are there any images corroborating the fact that JF-17 is flying with it? Plus, with induction of J-10, EVEN if the Raad/jf-17 marriage remains elusive from a structural issue, the J-10 could take over the Raad use.

Keep tight guys, more good news coming through.
JFT has done a test flight with RA'AD from Kamra last week and some aviation spotters have captured it as well. The pictures are there but might not come that early. The version of the RA'AD is also unknown at the moment but it would most probably be 2.
Mark my post for NEAR future reference.

Let me tell you a funny story, the photographers who captured JFT carrying Ra'ad were detained by the security forces when they were covering J-10's arrival in Pakistan somewhere near the airbase. Their DSLRs cameras, cellphones, and laptops were detained and all of the sensitive material was erased. Not only this, they are now under 24/7 surveillance. One of them is Zuhaib Malik & the other is a member of PDF and quite an active poster here and promotes aviation photography from his website. The thing happened but it ain't coming out any sooner.

Jf-17 cannot reliably carry Ra'ad.

Jf-17 cannot reliably carry Ra'ad.
Could you plz elaborate :

-Ra'ad I or II ?

-Reliability depends upon Structural Strength of Wings & Airframe / Ground Clearance ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom