What's new

Pakistani flags in three places in Assam..wake up India

Why Pakistani flags and not BD ones if the ones waving them are BDs?

Because to most Indians and the establishment, raising BD flags is of no consequence, they dont see BD as a threat. Pakistan is seen as a threat-a country with whom India has gone to war. There is a fundamental difference. The Pakistani flag represents belligerence and non-compliance to the Indian establishment. No other flag can do this, and this is because of Kashmir. The concept of showing Pakistani flag to show defiance-was started in Kashmir.

They raise the Pakistani flag simply because its the only flag they can raise. There are no alternatives.Raising the Bangladeshi flag will yield nothing-no one would give a damn.

* 500 more federal police deployed in Assam to control situation​

GUWAHATI: Police used helicopters to spot armed mobs attacking Muslims in India’s troubled northeast on Tuesday, where clashes between indigenous tribesmen and settlers have left 47 people dead and tens of thousands homeless.

Police said four people died from their wounds overnight. More than 85,000 people have lost their homes and are being sheltered in government camps after the clashes broke out last week between mainly Hindu tribesmen and Muslim Bangladeshi settlers in the oil and tea-rich state of Assam.

“At least 47 people had lost their lives so far,” said R N Mathur, Assam’s police chief. Muslims have responded with some violence as well, he said. The clashes have reignited a long-simmering conflict as local Assam tribes, mainly Hindu but with some Christians, fear being overrun by Muslim immigrants. More than 40 percent of Assam is now Muslim, mainly immigrant settlers.

The violence is some of the worst since 1983, when more than 2,000 people, mainly Bangladeshi immigrants, were killed in clashes with tribal peoples in central Assam. The current conflict was sparked by an increasingly strong student movement that has been campaigning against immigrants, analysts say.

Police deployed: Police said fresh clashes were being reported from southern Assam where at least 25 rubber plantation workers were attacked by Muslim settlers in Goalpara district. Mathur said an additional 500 federal police had been deployed in the state where hundreds of security forces were already trying to control the situation. He said helicopters were being used to spot movement of mobs in remote areas.

“It is not possible to have static security posts in each and every village, so we have intensified patrolling in remote areas,” said Himanta Biswa Sarma, a minister supervising security and relief measures. These clashes are the latest bout of violence to hit India. In the eastern Orissa state, clashes between Hindus and Christians over conversions have killed at least 36 people.

In Assam, officials have blamed the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), a tribal separatist group, for being behind the violence. Security forces have caught four NDFB militants with weapons in the violence-hit area. The NDFB, a largely Christian group, has held to a ceasefire with New Delhi over the past few years and has denied the charge.

Any patriotic citizens need to be defended by the state.

They have proved how patriotic they are. Let them raise the flag they so dealy love in the location it belongs.

In India, it can be considered nothing but treason!

But as you calim if they are Bangladeshis then there should be no question of treason.

Because to most Indians and the establishment, raising BD flags is of no consequence, they dont see BD as a threat. Pakistan is seen as a threat-a country with whom India has gone to war. There is a fundamental difference. The Pakistani flag represents belligerence and non-compliance to the Indian establishment. No other flag can do this, and this is because of Kashmir. The concept of showing Pakistani flag to show defiance-was started in Kashmir.

They raise the Pakistani flag simply because its the only flag they can raise. There are no alternatives.Raising the Bangladeshi flag will yield nothing-no one would give a damn.

In other words Pakistan is the only hope for oppressed people in the region simple as that.

And that two nation theory still remains the strong factor for protection of the Muslims in a non-Muslim land.

Because to most Indians and the establishment, raising BD flags is of no consequence, they dont see BD as a threat. Pakistan is seen as a threat-a country with whom India has gone to war. There is a fundamental difference. The Pakistani flag represents belligerence and non-compliance to the Indian establishment..

But many a times we hear from Indians here that they are not Pakistan-centric.

so :undecided::undecided:

In other words Pakistan is the only hope for oppressed people in the region simple as that.

And that two nation theory still remains the strong factor for protection of the Muslims in a non-Muslim land.

Christ! How much do you try for glorification of Pakistan. Yet you fail-simply because reality nips your fantasies.

I am sorry to burst your bubble-but this is not about 'Pakistan being a hope for oppressed people' or the 'belief in two nation theory'.

This is simply about pissing the government off.

But many a times we hear from Indians here that they are not Pakistan-centric.

so :undecided::undecided:

India has been Pakistan centric in defence issues,terrorism and cessation isses. Its still Pakistan centric on the issue of terrorism, but on national defence, Pakistan is not half of what it used to be.

Christ! How much do you try for glorification of Pakistan. Yet you fail-simply because reality nips your fantasies.

:) i was not the one who had hoisted green Pakistani flag on Indian soil ;)

But then may be it was some bad dream millions of Indians saw on TV screens that too in the day time.

I am sorry to burst your bubble-but this is not about 'Pakistan being a hope for oppressed people' or the 'belief in two nation theory'.

This is simply about pissing the government off.QUOTE]

And its the Pakistan flag that pi.sses Indians so easily ???

Guys tell me, Is the Pakistani flag the symbol of freedom even in Pakistan?

Is that the flag raised by people there who feel oppressed, run over, wanting to go their way?

In India, it represents one word and that word starts with T. A capital T!

:) i was not the one who had hoisted green Pakistani flag on Indian soil ;)

But then may be it was some bad dream millions of Indians saw on TV screens that too in the day time.
I did not imply it was you who was hoisting the Pakistani flag. I am informing you the reality, that it is not to think of the hoisting of the Pakistani flag as 'looking up' to Pakistan or Pakistan being a hope for the oppressed people or of the belief in the two nation theory. Like i said, dont go for your nations glorification unnecessarily.

I will say this for the last time-it was simply the best way to scream-anti establishment.

Sorry for saying this, but your reactions imply you are desperate to give some kind of glory or sense of achievement to Pakistan.

The day Pakistan becomes something that people in this part of the world envy--i will be the first to tell you.

And its the Pakistan flag that pi.sses Indians so easily ???
Yes, did you not know that? In India it implies everything negative- wars, terrorism and most of all or primarily-anti Indian(nes)

I doubt most Indians can even recognize the Bangladesh flag.

I can't. No insult to Bangladesh in this. It just doesn't figure in our discourse other than the HUJI factor and the illegal infiltrators.

But we do appreciate the many positive strides made by them in the social sector. In some respects they are the leaders in the region. More power to them for their development in the social sector.

Guys tell me, Is the Pakistani flag the symbol of freedom even in Pakistan?

Is that the flag raised by people there who feel oppressed, run over, wanting to go their way?
One of the most popular uses of a flag is to symbolize a nation or country.
Freedom or opression is social issue, not related to the flag.

In India, it represents one word and that word starts with T. A capital T!
Thats lame...really lame. Be careful!

Who cares what it represents in India, she's not the center of the Universe. What matters that it was raised on your soil so tell me if the Tri-color is a symbol of freedom in India why the need to hoist a flag that represents a word with capital T in your universe??

Last edited:
One of the most popular uses of a flag is to symbolize a nation or country.
Freedom or opression is social issue, not related to the flag.

Thats lame...really lame. Be careful!

Who cares what it represents in India, she's not the senter of the Universe. What matters that it was raised on your soil so tell me if the Tri-color is a symbol of freedom in India why the need to hoist a flag that represents a word with capital T in your universe??

Neo, that is the point. We all respect our respective flags and of other countries.

The flags of other countries on your soil, especially in this context mean a different thing. It means no disrespect to the flags or the other country, it is just about the context within the given situation.

An equivalent hypothetical situation could be: Let's say Bangladesh immediately after the 1971 events became an enemy country for you and many Bengalis continue to stay back in Western Pakistan. If for some local issues they raise the flag of the "enemy" country, the reaction from the society would be vehement and would likely appear treason to most folks.

I didn't mean anything else other than to point out the context of the situation.

I did not imply it was you who was hoisting the Pakistani flag. I am informing you the reality, that it is not to think of the hoisting of the Pakistani flag as 'looking up' to Pakistan or Pakistan being a hope for the oppressed people or of the belief in the two nation theory. Like i said, dont go for your nations glorification unnecessarily.

I will say this for the last time-it was simply the best way to scream-anti establishment.

Sorry for saying this, but your reactions imply you are desperate to give some kind of glory or sense of achievement to Pakistan.

The day Pakistan becomes something that people in this part of the world envy--i will be the first to tell you.

:) well just one sentence and that is i do not glorify the hoisting of the Pakistani flags was enough to do that.

They look up to us or not that is not the point the point is they know the weakness of India and Indians and that weakness is PAKISTAN.

Another thing which is noticable is the intellegence of these people whome you guys are calling as backward and poor enough to enter India for earning.

Its very intellegent of them to exploit Indian weakness like that.

Yes, did you not know that? In India it implies everything negative- wars, terrorism and most of all or primarily-anti Indian(nes)

It implies that way for every failur of India in sustaining things in right direction when was the last time we did not hear Indians blaming ISI??

So its the mentality that has been forced down the throats of Indian population by a handful of your opinion makers nothing else.

:) well just one sentence and that is i do not glorify the hoisting of the Pakistani flags was enough to do that.

They look up to us or not that is not the point the point is they know the weakness of India and Indians and that weakness is PAKISTAN.

Another thing which is noticable is the intellegence of these people whome you guys are calling as backward and poor enough to enter India for earning.

Its very intellegent of them to exploit Indian weakness like that.

It implies that way for every failur of India in sustaining things in right direction when was the last time we did not hear Indians blaming ISI??

So its the mentality that has been forced down the throats of Indian population by a handful of your opinion makers nothing else.

ACTUALLY THOSE WERE ISLAMIC FLAGS, WHICH LOOK LIKE PAKISTANI FLAGS, AND PEOPLE MISTOOK AS PAKISTANI FLAGS......

PAKISTANI FLAG HAS A WHITE STRIP ON THE LEFT, BUT THE FLAGS HELD BY PROTESTERS WERE FULL GREEN, WITH ISLAMIC SIGN.

THOUGH RESEMBLING, BUT NOT PAKISTANI FLAG........

Back
Top Bottom