What's new

Pakistani corner

JFK normally gives direct or single stop flight to Pakistan and many places while Atlanta mostly gives me 2 stops so I use my company's or some private chartered to reach JFK or O'Hare then take the international flight, because 12 hrs of driving is not fun. But soon it will all change for at least my business trips as we are negotiating fractional ownership program with NetJets for their Gulfstreams G650/550. I hope we can get a good deal on it.
I don't know about you, but I hate traveling in small jets. Gets too claustrophobic & turbulence is horrid. It'd rather fly first/ business in a big jet.

Americans are the least qualified to judge a food...they are used to the crappy junk food.... potato chip, fizzy drinks and McDonald, Starbucks

I don't know about you, but I hate traveling in small jets. Gets too claustrophobic & turbulence is horrid. It'd rather fly first/ business in a big jet.
G650 is great with a bed and a shower. But I like A380 by Qantas, first class is too expensive for us so mostly business class... but first class has made up of 40% of this years travels as larger corporate clients pay more and our friends from China have been launching cyber attacks more frequently, so lately there is really a high demand for our services and products :)

One stop is good for me. I use mostly Etihad, Qatar for Pakistan for logging my miles since Qatar is part of One-world.
I flew with PIA twice in the last 8 yrs and experience was ok. For Australia, Delta or Qantas (skyteam). But I am reducing my travels as lately I have started feeling a lot of stress on my body due all the time zones / jetlag. I think the better is to take a stop in between but then time is a problem but i expect after the travelling will go down a lot...well under 5 flight per year.

As compare to rest of the airlines, PIA doesn't have very good service. But I still prefer it. At least it gives direct flight. I hate stays. But don't you think, stays cause fatigues?

As compare to rest of the airlines, PIA doesn't have very good service. But I still prefer it. At least it gives direct flight. I hate stays. But don't you think, stays cause fatigues?
There is no direct flight between NYC and Lahore, Karachi or Islamabad to my knowledge and my official travel agent's. But please let me know if you know about any direct flights. Stops in between are good if you have time or travel in first class with fully extended beds or private business jets since sitting for such long haul is a torture for body, in addition a stay in UAE, affords me a chance to meet my friends there and do some shopping for my relatives and friends in Pakistan.

There is no direct flight between NYC and Lahore, Karachi or Islamabad to my knowledge and my official travel agent's. But please let me know if you know about any direct flights. Stops in between are good if you have time or travel in first class with fully extended beds or private business jets since sitting for such long haul is a torture for body, in addition a stay in UAE, affords me a chance to meet my friends there and do some shopping for my relatives and friends in Pakistan.

Some people actually hate the notion of a stopover in the UAE, for this very reason. The never ending lists by relatives :-)

Some people actually hate the notion of a stopover in the UAE, for this very reason. The never ending lists by relatives :-)
I do not accept any demands from my relatives since it proved to be a too stressful not just financially but I don't have time to look for idiotic items and search the whole Dubai-mall. I just buy what I think is good and only for very few relatives...and whoever is unpleased from my gifts...just gets struck off my list for good as believe in this by Bill Cosby "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody". :)

I do not accept any demands from my relatives since it proved to be a too stressful not just financially but I don't have time to look for idiotic items and search the whole Dubai-mall. I just buy what I think is good and only for very few relatives...and whoever is unpleased from my gifts...just gets struck off my list for good as believe in this by Bill Cosby "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody". :)
Dubai Mall is the last place you should be buying from. Best to go to Diera city center

Dubai Mall is the last place you should be buying from. Best to go to Diera city center
Deira Centre is a great place but my Pakistani friend is always keen on showing something "new" in Dubai Mall and the Souq otherwise from hotel, there is a shuttle service every 30 mins to Deira but I get very little time in hotel room. Last two times, I just did a covert operation :) Did not tell my friends in advance and it was so calm but still i ended up shopping a few items from Dubai mall due to its proximity to my hotel :) ... I hope they don't find out :)

Ha' meeting friends is a whole different story. Then you must take a flight with stay. And yes of course PIA gives direct flight to Lahore. This is the only reason, I prefer PIA. But from Lahore to New York, there is a very short stay in Manchester.

Hahah. The most irritating part of visiting Pakistan. We have a family forest so you have keep in mind about each and every single person. Keeping equality between mom and dad's family :P

Only Pakistani things. :D

Hahah. The most irritating part of visiting Pakistan. We have a family forest so you have keep in mind about each and every single person. Keeping equality between mom and dad's family :P

Only Pakistani things. :D
Buy some good quality swiss chocolates Lindt or Mozart, last time, my one of my beloved friend asked to bring the rotimatic after he/she learned that I have one. But they are out of stock as i was told.

Buy some good quality swiss chocolates Lindt or Mozart, last time, my one of my beloved friend asked to bring the rotimatic after he/she learned that I have one. But they are out of stock as i was told.

Few relatives are pain in neck and they don't really appreciate the chocolates. :D. Cosmetics stuff and perfumes are good to gift. I leave this all on my maa & just go for shopping for few friends. Making relatives happy is her duty. :p

Few relatives are pain in neck and they don't really appreciate the chocolates. :D. Cosmetics stuff and perfumes are good to gift. I leave this all on my maa & just go for shopping for few friends. Making relatives happy is her duty. :p
If you are a student, you have no responsibilities but I to have hear "beta tumhara itna bara karobar..mashaAllah...Allah nazar na lagyee....aur itne chotay chotay gifts" and they are my aunts and uncles so I can't say anything...just say ok I will try to compensate next time but actually I have removed some of the constant critics from my list since they never got satisfied and I was always wondering that a gift is a token of pleasure and love from heart....not something demanded by the recipient.

Back
Top Bottom