What's new

Pakistani blogger’s poll on ‘BIRYANI with ALOO OR NOT’ kick-starts a storm on Twitter

You like Aloo in Biryani?

• Total voters
Best way to eat Biryani:

XOZ4ttL.jpg
Ya Allah Khair ....
Health-Tips-Survive-a-Heart-Attack-When-Alone-Hospital-Chest-Pain-Lungs-Blood-Circulation.jpg

i cant imagine my biryani without aloo....BTW Lahoris doesn't even know what Biryani actually is:D:P

they consider palao as biryani:partay:
do agree . actually they know little about the spices & thier uses.

And now here is the fun part, outta 10 restaurants, only 1 serves Biryani, all others are into Pulao :D

I have never heard of any such thing uptil now.

You see, there is Punjab. There is south of Punjab(Seraikis), central Punjab(Punjabis) and northern Punjab(Potoharis and some Hindko). Southern are into Biryani. Central have onlt view limited variety. Northern, well, let's just say they are not really into Biryani. Now compare all of them with Karachi - a city which loves Biryani; Sindhi Biryani, Memoni Biryani, Bombay Biryani, Karachi Biryani, Kokni Biryani, Prawn Biryani, fish biryani and now white biryani with black peppers is getting popular. How many types of Biryanis are here, even I don't know after living 3 decades of my life here. Everytime I come across a new variety of Biryani. Some I like, some I find mediocre, some I fckn love. So much variety. Don't feel bad, but, when it comes to biryani, there is no comparison of Karachi with rest of Pak. People here live for biryani. Vendors, restaurants, take aways, weddings, funerals, parties, hang out, Biryani is every fckn where.

I would disagree with u on this. Just cause every next vendor in karachi sells biryani it doenst make them or karachiites best biryani makers.

Also i am punjabi (half kashmiri) and i have already eaten all these flavors of biryanis you have mentioned minus prawn and fish biryani. Plus there is qeema birynai, tikka biryani, dumpukht biryani, kacchay gosht ki biryanis too.

Ap karachi walay apnay dilon ko aisi baaton say behlatay rahain.

And now here is the fun part, outta 10 restaurants, only 1 serves Biryani, all others are into Pulao :D

I have never heard of any such thing uptil now.

You see, there is Punjab. There is south of Punjab(Seraikis), central Punjab(Punjabis) and northern Punjab(Potoharis and some Hindko). Southern are into Biryani. Central have onlt view limited variety. Northern, well, let's just say they are not really into Biryani. Now compare all of them with Karachi - a city which loves Biryani; Sindhi Biryani, Memoni Biryani, Bombay Biryani, Karachi Biryani, Kokni Biryani, Prawn Biryani, fish biryani and now white biryani with black peppers is getting popular. How many types of Biryanis are here, even I don't know after living 3 decades of my life here. Everytime I come across a new variety of Biryani. Some I like, some I find mediocre, some I fckn love. So much variety. Don't feel bad, but, when it comes to biryani, there is no comparison of Karachi with rest of Pak. People here live for biryani. Vendors, restaurants, take aways, weddings, funerals, parties, hang out, Biryani is every fckn where.
Yaar i have done so much jihad for punjab ki biryani today now i am exhausted so lets not argue more n agree to disagree hahahha

I would disagree with u on this. Just cause every next vendor in karachi sells biryani it doenst make them or karachiites best biryani makers.

Also i am punjabi (half kashmiri) and i have already eaten all these flavors of biryanis you have mentioned minus prawn and fish biryani. Plus there is qeema birynai, tikka biryani, dumpukht biryani, kacchay gosht ki biryanis too.

Yaar i have done so much jihad for punjab ki biryani today now i am exhausted so lets not argue more n agree to disagree hahahha

Alrighty mate, no more arguing.

Just 1 question though, what is this dumbfcuk biryani you spoke of? :D
(I have already tried the other ones)

to be honest Northerns dont know how to use spices properly . :) .

Alrighty mate, no more arguing.

Just 1 question though, what is this dumbfcuk biryani you spoke of? :D
(I have already tried the other ones)
Dumpukht i think its same kacchay gosht biryani they put raw meat with spices or whatever they use to make biryani plus rice nd seal the edges of the pot with flour. Its perhaps something from mughals or nawabs kitchen passed down.

to be honest Northerns dont know how to use spices properly . :) .
I dont think so

Biryani without Aloo is disgusting Chawal Gosht only.

Similar to Karachites majority of whose ancestors are from North or Western parts of present day India I like Biryani with Potatoes which is hugely famous in East, West and North India and rivalling Hydrabadi (Deccan) Biryani which is potatoes less. The way they roast n fry the potatoes in biryani masala that everyone search for potatoes first instead of mutton as they doubles the taste of that Biryani.

photo5.jpg

Best biryani is the one you liked the most, for some its with Alos and for some its not. There is no such thing as Karachi Lahore biryani war. Fact is now most of Pakistan is into Peshawari food

I can honestly say I have never had Biryani and neither has anybody in my circle or if they had it's not "talk" at all. And this applies to my ancestral village/district in Pakistan as well. Now I have and love Pillau with meat and lashings of sour yoghurt.

I can honestly say I have never had Biryani and neither has anybody in my circle or if they had it's not "talk" at all. And this applies to my ancestral village/district in Pakistan as well. Now I have and love Pillau with meat and lashings of sour yoghurt.

Pilau is more commonly consumed by us as well (Lahori family). Biryani only very occasionally, like say once every two three months. Find biryani overrated tbh. If i do have it however then I prefer it with potatoes.

This thread has is wonderful. Asian cooking rules the planet period.

Back
Top Bottom