What's new

Pakistani blogger’s poll on ‘BIRYANI with ALOO OR NOT’ kick-starts a storm on Twitter

You like Aloo in Biryani?

• Total voters
Deg biryani from Karachi is best with or without Aloo.. Personally, I like without Aloo.

allah kare biryani me itni mirchi ho k bus:pissed:
IMAG0362.jpg

Veggie biryani is toheen e biryani

As A Pashtun I Support You On This And Am Ready To Go Mumtaz Qadri On Anyone Who Supports Veggie Biryani:butcher:

r u mad why posting pictures:angry::tsk:
ek to we are humans oper se we are Pakistanis u should be sensitive in posting that yummy pics:(

OK Never Realized "Foody ****" Could Mess With Your Head:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here we go. Central Punjab vs North Potohari Punjab.

Biryani has soo many variations all are just amazing.

Actually, all the Karachiites are right when it comes to Biryani. And this is coming from a guy who is born and raised in Karachi but is basically from Attock and Mansehra. People in the north have no concept of Biryani. I once ordered Biryani in Pindi and I was served with some crap which tasted like rice and yogurt. lol

Have you tried the White Biryani?
Thats ur point of view that all karachiites are right here and that doesnt make it a fact , plus ur opinion that there's no concept of biryani in north pakistan just shows how lil u know of this region and is very wrong. Just cause u had a bad briyani experience at some random pindi restaurant wouldnt mean it would begin defining how briyani is cooked in punjabi households or how they are served at some restaurants. and food isnt judged by whats served at restaurants , it is judged by how the residents of those regions cook the food. And north punjabis are pretty fine at biryani, i have eaten karachi walon ki biryanian, it was good with lil but differences in spices but nothing extra oridinary than biryani i have eaten in punjab.kpk may not be too good at it, tho i am not sure, cause they have qabuli pulao ,but then again i could be wrong.

and no sorry i dont buy this bogus claim that karachiites do "best" biryani ,its nothing more than kaarchiites barging into almost every online discussion boasting about some great biryani skills to make themselves feel special, that virtually no one pays any attention to and they need to scream at top of their lungs in every discussion and insult other regions, mainly lahore n punjabs, biryani to draw attention towards themselves.
The fake biryani-egos

From Where I Come From Veggies Big No(Except Onions and Carrots) But Dry Fruits and Nuts Yes

800px-img_5131.jpg

31036c729a47c60b57ffdd86a218b39d.jpg

This Is Plov The Grandpa Of Pulao and Great Grand Paa Of Biryani

plov-lamb-and-rice-pilaff-central-asia-food-D7P8XX.jpg

pic3GWwEE.jpg

If There Was A Beauty Contest Of Biryanis Iran Would Beat Everyone Easily

2d338d09-52fb-4b38-a9ee-3ed9052a037c--IMG_0026.JPG

173-001.jpg

Thats ur point of view that all karachiites are right here and that doesnt make it a fact , plus ur opinion that there's no concept of biryani in north pakistan just shows how lil u know of his region and is very wrong. Just cause u had a bad briyani expereince at some random pindi restaurant wouldnt mean it would begin defining how briyani is cooked in punjabs households or how they are served at some restaurants. and food isnt judged by whats served at restaurants , it is judged by how the residents of those regions cook the food. And north punjabis are pretty fine at biryani, i have eaten karachi walon ki biryanian, it was good with lil but differences in spices but nothing extra oridinary than biryani i have eaten in punjab.kpk may not be too good at it, tho i am not sure, cause they have qabuki pulao ,but then again i could be wrong.

and no sorry i dont buy this bogus claim that karachiites do "best" biryani ,its nothing more than kaarchiites barging into almost every online discussion boasting about some great biryani skills to make themselves feel special, that virtually no one pays any attention to and they need to scream at top of their lungs in every discussion and insult other regions, mainly lahore n punjabs, biryani to draw attention towards themselves.
The fake biryani-egos *shaking my head

Boy, I mentioned restaurant for a reason because thats the only place to find biryani. None of my family members in north cook biryani at home. It's not even a cultural dish there or atleast in my relatives households.

Boy, I mentioned restaurant for a reason because thats the only place to find biryani. None of my family members in north cook biryani at home. It's not even a cultural dish there or atleast in my relatives households.

Who Would Win In Student vs Savour Foods Biryani Contest?????

Who Would Win In Student vs Savour Foods Biryani Contest?????

They both have to cook their best biryanis and serve me. Then and only then, winner will be decided :D

Thats ur point of view that all karachiites are right here and that doesnt make it a fact , plus ur opinion that there's no concept of biryani in north pakistan just shows how lil u know of this region and is very wrong. Just cause u had a bad briyani experience at some random pindi restaurant wouldnt mean it would begin defining how briyani is cooked in punjabi households or how they are served at some restaurants. and food isnt judged by whats served at restaurants , it is judged by how the residents of those regions cook the food. And north punjabis are pretty fine at biryani, i have eaten karachi walon ki biryanian, it was good with lil but differences in spices but nothing extra oridinary than biryani i have eaten in punjab.kpk may not be too good at it, tho i am not sure, cause they have qabuli pulao ,but then again i could be wrong.

The fake biryani-egos

The Word Biryani Comes From Biryan Which Means To Broast And The Original Home Of The Biryani Was Iran and Central Asia.The Pics Posted By Me Above Are The Original Ancestors Of The Biryani.The Modern Day Verson With Spices In Subcontinental Innovation

They both have to cook their best biryanis and serve me. Then and only then, winner will be decided :D

Kya Baat Hai Teri:lol::lol::lol:

any one had tried Tikka Biryani in Karachi ? its one of my fav so yummy......:smitten:

i wana eat nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:cray:

Yes thats why isaid one restaurant experience isnt enough to define the entire regions biryani served at restaurants. Bundukhan also does good food. Anyways, thats your personal choice.

What exactly happens online is that karachiites would start trolling in every biryani discussion telling punabis you dont know how to cook biryani ,they are like punjabi households have no clue about what biryani is , and OMG WE ARE THE BEST BIRYANI MAKERS IN THE WORLD! duh! Khud hee apni tareefain aur punjabion ki biryani ki burraiyyan kar kay khush hotay rehtay hain.
Lahore vs karachi biryani online wars are very famous and credit goes to karachites for starting them each time.

The Word Biryani Comes From Biryan Which Means To Broast And The Original Home Of The Biryani Was Iran and Central Asia.The Pics Posted By Me Above Are The Original Ancestors Of The Biryani.The Modern Day Verson With Spices In Subcontinental Innovation

Kya Baat Hai Teri:lol::lol::lol:
thanks for history , but i m happy with local pakistani versions of biryani. These biryanis were results of experiments done in local nawabs, rajas and moghuls kitchens btw. They must have made modifications to their foods using local spices but outcome was good. Central asians, Iranians , arabs take very less spices, its only in sub con where spices are consumed in huge amounts. I find baloch cuisine closer to mid eastern and i feel its also low in spices.

From Where I Come From Veggies Big No(Except Onions and Carrots) But Dry Fruits and Nuts Yes

800px-img_5131.jpg

31036c729a47c60b57ffdd86a218b39d.jpg

This Is Plov The Grandpa Of Pulao and Great Grand Paa Of Biryani

plov-lamb-and-rice-pilaff-central-asia-food-D7P8XX.jpg

pic3GWwEE.jpg

If There Was A Beauty Contest Of Biryanis Iran Would Beat Everyone Easily

2d338d09-52fb-4b38-a9ee-3ed9052a037c--IMG_0026.JPG

173-001.jpg
yes in these pulaos chilgozay or pine nuts are added with kishmish. But pine nuts are so freaking price mow in pakistan 10000 rs per kilo. Wallahi haza zulm

Yes thats why isaid one restaurant experience isnt enough to define the entire regions biryani served at restaurants. Bundukhan also does good food. Anyways, thats your personal choice.

And now here is the fun part, outta 10 restaurants, only 1 serves Biryani, all others are into Pulao :D

What exactly happens online is that karachiites would start trolling in every biryani discussion telling punabis you dont know how to cook biryani ,they are like punjabi households have no clue about what biryani is , and OMG WE ARE THE BEST BIRYANI MAKERS IN THE WORLD! duh! Khud hee apni tareefain aur punjabion ki biryani ki burraiyyan kar kay khush hotay rehtay hain.
Lahore vs karachi biryani online wars are very famous and credit goes to karachites for starting them each time.

I have never heard of any such thing uptil now.

You see, there is Punjab. There is south of Punjab(Seraikis), central Punjab(Punjabis) and northern Punjab(Potoharis and some Hindko). Southern are into Biryani. Central have onlt view limited variety. Northern, well, let's just say they are not really into Biryani. Now compare all of them with Karachi - a city which loves Biryani; Sindhi Biryani, Memoni Biryani, Bombay Biryani, Karachi Biryani, Kokni Biryani, Prawn Biryani, fish biryani and now white biryani with black peppers is getting popular. How many types of Biryanis are here, even I don't know after living 3 decades of my life here. Everytime I come across a new variety of Biryani. Some I like, some I find mediocre, some I fckn love. So much variety. Don't feel bad, but, when it comes to biryani, there is no comparison of Karachi with rest of Pak. People here live for biryani. Vendors, restaurants, take aways, weddings, funerals, parties, hang out, Biryani is every fckn where.

Back
Top Bottom