What's new

Featured Pakistan will plant 50 Million Olive Trees - Rs 500 Billion expected annual income

Pakistan will plant 50 Million Olive Trees under the Ten Billion Tree Tsunami.
4 Million Wild olive trees would be grafted to make them Fruiting.
10% of the trees being planted under the ten billion tree Tsunami project will be Fruit Trees.
(These fruit trees alone could produce enough food to feed the entire population of Pakistan... given 10% of 10 billion = 1 Billion)

100 million mango trees would good too and how about a 100 million date trees, 100 million Coconut trees, 100 million orange trees, 100 million pomegranate trees, 100 million Almond trees, 100 million apple trees, 100 million grapefruit trees, 100 million Banana trees etc

There is a huge corruption going on in these projects as well. I have submitted all papet work including land record and survey and yet didnt get any plants as promised. They are all sold and money taken by officials.
I trust you man for i have been through the same situation somewhere else. Even the proofs are not enough to convince people because we have regularized corruption. I just hope you keep your head up and do what you can to make this country a better place.

I trust you man for i have been through the same situation somewhere else. Even the proofs are not enough to convince people because we have regularized corruption. I just hope you keep your head up and do what you can to make this country a better place.

We have mountain land and its not cultivated and as someone who cares abt environment i have let the shrubs and wild trees grow, so atleast it is green n helps environment.

There is a huge corruption going on in these projects as well. I have submitted all papet work including land record and survey and yet didnt get any plants as promised. They are all sold and money taken by officials.

bureaucracy is a problem

bureaucracy is a problem
and so are the politicians. a lot of cabinet members are not interested in running their ministries properly or to introduce meaningful reforms. all they want to do is to remain in headlines, and to be depicted as the person who can fight/answer pmln trolls the best. hence, they dont know what is happening in their ministries. or they are just there to make money or to look powerful.

TNT is right, complains fall on deaf ears, the entire portal thing is nothing but a farce. and if you have to point out corruption, even if you are an eye witness, you have to provide documentary evidence. How will a common man find documents to support/report his/her claim, if, for example, they have seen massive cheating in a recruitment exam in which no mobiles phones were allowed? even if they manage to get their hands on some evidence, the people who receive the complaints are those who are involved in this sh*t.

If the citizens are to investigate and provide proofs, then they should be allowed to punish the culprit as well, because otherwise, the whole portal thing is useless, if the govt or anti corruption orgs do not want to get off their asses and do something meaningful.

IK needs to get his act together.

10% of the trees being planted under the ten billion tree Tsunami project will be Fruit Trees.
(These fruit trees alone could produce enough food to feed the entire population of Pakistan... given 10% of 10 billion = 1 Billion)

Good initiative, something which will definitely bring results in some years.

Man im tired of these dramas, u know i have made complaints with proofs, pictures, videos and the complaint is forwarded from one deppt to anothet and another and in the end the status becomes "resolved" when actually nothing is resolved. Ive given up on this time wasting drama.
If everyone here reports they might do something about it

There isn't enough substance in you're comment to suggest corruption is widespread.

If you do have it, pass it up if you can. Pakistan NEEDS this to work.

and so are the politicians. a lot of cabinet members are not interested in running their ministries properly or to introduce meaningful reforms. all they want to do is to remain in headlines, and to be depicted as the person who can fight/answer pmln trolls the best. hence, they dont know what is happening in their ministries. or they are just there to make money or to look powerful.

TNT is right, complains fall on deaf ears, the entire portal thing is nothing but a farce. and if you have to point out corruption, even if you are an eye witness, you have to provide documentary evidence. How will a common man find documents to support/report his/her claim, if, for example, they have seen massive cheating in a recruitment exam in which no mobiles phones were allowed? even if they manage to get their hands on some evidence, the people who receive the complaints are those who are involved in this sh*t.

If the citizens are to investigate and provide proofs, then they should be allowed to punish the culprit as well, because otherwise, the whole portal thing is useless, if the govt or anti corruption orgs do not want to get off their asses and do something meaningful.

IK needs to get his act together.

Yup his technical administration has issues

but see the bigger picture such projects are step in the right direction...

Yup his technical administration has issues

but see the bigger picture such projects are step in the right direction...
the thing is that these type of projects should and must be focused at uplifitng those who ahve been left behind. but nothing of the sort happens, govt takes bribes (yes baabus and MNA/MPA both, even in naya pakistan) and loan concessions, benefits etc. are awarded to those who can afford those bribes or are connected.

the thing is that these type of projects should and must be focused at uplifitng those who ahve been left behind. but nothing of the sort happens, govt takes bribes (yes baabus and MNA/MPA both, even in naya pakistan) and loan concessions, benefits etc. are awarded to those who can afford those bribes or are connected.

and there fore people need to put pressure on this matter, not the idea

cars are great... but they we drive in Pakistan they make it ugly.

And when ppp and plmn thugs come in power again then they will start deforestation tusnami to please their indian masters.

We have mountain land and its not cultivated and as someone who cares abt environment i have let the shrubs and wild trees grow, so atleast it is green n helps environment.
In which area?

All countries, especially third world countries have corruption, it's not exceptional to Pakistan. It will continue for a long time to come, but that should not stop us from celebrating the positives and developing our country.
Agree, such corruption exists in all developing countries and is sorta rampant in South Asia. I've seen similar contracts awarded to people with contacts in India

Back
Top Bottom