What's new

Featured Pakistan will plant 50 Million Olive Trees - Rs 500 Billion expected annual income

Haha India and Pakistan are same when it comes to corruption.
In ludhiana there's a single road with shops on both sides. Which are illegal built I might add.
Now the municipality is for many years laying tarmac/repairing double road in papers of course. Cause there's no double road left only single lol. So they are pocketing the expenses which r only used on papers.
Funny thing is politicians don't complaint either as it would mean clearing the shops and loosing votes.
And of course there's a big school on Main National highway illegally occupying land, when it got notice to clear, they built a 3 story Hanuman Moorti 🤣🤣 . Now no1 wants to touch this issue. School is enjoying the free land.

All countries, especially third world countries have corruption, it's not exceptional to Pakistan. It will continue for a long time to come, but that should not stop us from celebrating the positives and developing our country.
He is saying that the whole thing is a scam and he cannot get any benefits and you are replying to him "Fellow Pakistani, this may be a scam but it's good for us because we will get some more olive trees in Pakistan" - what about the costs, whose money is being used and is this really going to benefit Pakistan or benefit the elite?

He is saying that the whole thing is a scam and he cannot get any benefits and you are replying to him "Fellow Pakistani, this may be a scam but it's good for us because we will get some more olive trees in Pakistan" - what about the costs, whose money is being used and is this really going to benefit Pakistan or benefit the elite?

OK, I know what he is saying, I do not need an idiot to clarify what someone else has said, because if an idiot tries to clarify something, he will just comes across as an idiot.

Which you just did because you made no sense, except in that Indian mind of yours, somewhere I prefer not to venture, good riddance to your fantasies.

In northern areas, dir swat.
Maybe your area is not cleared for the cultivation of olive trees. I know the potohar region is being supplied with trees already by the govt. for this season and the plantation drive is on full swing.

Maybe your area is not cleared for the cultivation of olive trees. I know the potohar region is being supplied with trees already by the govt. for this season and the plantation drive is on full swing.

It is cleared and some people with links got it. Its just that the process is so slow and there is corruption.

It is cleared and some people with links got it. Its just that the process is so slow and there is corruption.
I have a different view about this as my father got some for our own lands just by fulfilling all the paperwork but I must admit he knows bureaucracy inside out and also knows how to get things done through proper channels. I would not go as far as to say there is corruption at the same time I cannot comment on the transparency of the project all over Pakistan but in big cities where people maintain vigilance against corruption and challenge such cases, there is some level of transparency.

Many posters have suggested in this thread that olive plantation drive in Pakistan is just a hogwash and that corrupt government is exaggerating its own success.

May be its true to some extent.

But now even forign broadcasters like 'Deutsche Welle' is reporting olive production in Pakistan as a success story. Here is a recent report from DW Urdu service about olive production in a very remote area (ex-FATA). I never encountered such stories during golden eras of Bhuttos or Sharifs.

Last edited:

Same is what I heard from people in my area.

Man im tired of these dramas, u know i have made complaints with proofs, pictures, videos and the complaint is forwarded from one deppt to anothet and another and in the end the status becomes "resolved" when actually nothing is resolved. Ive given up on this time wasting drama.

Bhai JI, put it on social media and even local press if you can. Stir up some noise. We should never turn on back on this corruption. Share your story and evidence with environmentalists or influencers. It takes 1 person with a high profile to get it noticed.

Maybe even PDF would be willing to share it.

Back
Top Bottom