What's new

Pakistan will buy fighter jets from Jordan, Russia, France

So just like before, buy old F16's from Jordan & upgrade them from Turkey, not bad.

I hope SU 35 or Dassault Raffles are the ones PAF tries to acquire.

Pakistan should buy from Venezuela it's 12 F-16 Block 15 OCU and 16 from Jordan. Taking it above 100 F-16's mark.

He said the foreign policy of Pakistan was moving in the right direction

Thats right!!! And thats why we most of the time remain silent, seem frozen to act and just let our enemies have an advantage on us.

As for 8 F-16s, isnt it a big failure on part of foreign policy experts that they did not anticipate the opposition to sale and the quarters from which it will come from? Also, when Modi goes around making anti Pakistan speeches in capitals of the world which are friendly to us or are our neighbors, our PM calls him to attend his family wedding or sends Modi gifts.

Pakistan has no foreign minister and foreign office under this inept govt lies defunct. The foreign office portfolio is with the PM and we know what he is expert at!

PAF is becoming junkyard AF . 2nd hand mirage bought from different countries and now 2nd hand F 16 .For God sake , forget F16 . procure new JF 17 and evaluate other Chinese option . tell me how will they market JF 17 when PAF here self is looking for 2nd hand F 16 ?

People need to stop getting sad or angry. PAF does not see any credible or affordable platform yet thats they buying the used f16 until a good platform like j31 is ready to export. I like it that they are saving and not rushing we have jets enought to keep borders secured there is no rushing at all. Maybe Su35 but I believe we are specifically waiting for chinese or turkish 5th gen program.

Used mirage 2000 from France and UAE, Used F-16 from Jordan.
Mirages have had their shot, they are expensive to upgrade and maintain and certainly not as versatile as the F-16s
Getting second hand F-16s and upgrading them is an ideal interim solution, while the induction of more JF-17s will continue to give us depth, in due course we can search for next gen options.

PAF is becoming junkyard AF . 2nd hand mirage bought from different countries and now 2nd hand F 16 .For God sake , forget F16 . procure new JF 17 and evaluate other Chinese option . tell me how will they market JF 17 when PAF here self is looking for 2nd hand F 16 ?

Both classes are different and management is easy . JF-17 is our product and new as well. Therefore, a mix of old and new will give us versatility. F-16 is proven platform, we can switch to newer when time comes. Don't worry.

People need to stop getting sad or angry. PAF does not see any credible or affordable platform yet thats they buying the used f16 until a good platform like j31 is ready to export. I like it that they are saving and not rushing we have jets enought to keep borders secured there is no rushing at all. Maybe Su35 but I believe we are specifically waiting for chinese or turkish 5th gen program.
what about MIG-35 and J-10c or J-10d? forget Su-35 it's maintenance nightmare, i will go for Chinese 5th gen because its truly sanction free, TFX week point is the foreign engine

what about MIG-35 and J-10c or J-10d? forget Su-35 it's maintenance nightmare, i will go for Chinese 5th gen because its truly sanction free, TFX week point is the foreign engine
Mig 35 is best choice, comes with $40million+ 2.5 times cheaper maintenance cost than Mig29

block 15 retiring ? werent the just mlu'd ?
impossible. wrong info by the media. the news on dawn had many mistakes. MLUed F-16 block 15 are going to serve for atleast 20 more years. F-16s are the most capable jets in the PAF and there is no way they will be retired near future. paf has been unable to retire obsolete jets like mirges and F-7 how come they can retire an air craft which is still the front line jet of NATO.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom