What's new

Pakistan vs New Zealand - March 8, 2011

If Pakistan would play Bharat in QF and Khatmal would be part of Pakistan team, I would support Bharat for the first time in my life with all my sincerity and best wishes. I assure you all my prayers would be with the men in blue if kamran khatmal would be part of team green. And that's final from me. :angry:

If Pakistan would play Bharat in QF and Khatmal would be part of Pakistan team, I would support Bharat for the first time in my life with all my sincerity and best wishes. I assure you all my prayers would be with the men in blue if kamran khatmal would be part of team green. And that's final from me. :angry:

Bro khatmal is not going any where- there is no suitable replacement- even waqar has acknowledged that-

khatmal should be hanged till he done bathroom..

Don't pin all the blame on Kamran: Waqar

PALLEKELE: Coach Waqar Younis admitted dropped catches by wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal cost Pakistan the match against New Zealand but praised Ross Taylor for the innings of a lifetime.

Taylor, who benefited from two astonishing let-offs by Kamran, hit a career-best unbeaten 131 to fire his side to 302-7 before New Zealand dismissed Pakistan for 192 in a key Group A match at Pallekele stadium.

Waqar admitted the catches -- both off paceman Shoaib Akhtar, with Taylor on nought and eight -- were easy chances and cost Pakistan dear.

But he said Kamran, often the target of criticism due to his fumbles behind the stumps, should not take all of the blame for the defeat.

"I don't think this is the time to put the blame on someone. It's a fact that he didn't do the best keeping, the standard was not good and he dropped a few catches," said Waqar.

"Those were straight sitters, it was not as if they were difficult catches, but then it's cricket and such things do happen. It was a bad day for him as he dropped catches which really cost us the game," he added.

But former paceman Waqar also said credit should go to Taylor, adding: "I guess the way he played, you play just one or two innings like that in your life."

The coach ruled out dropping Kamran.

"I think maybe after the World Cup, we can think about it but now we are in the middle of the tournament and I don't think we can make such a change and panic. We should not."

Waqar said poor bowling in the closing overs of New Zealand's innings, with Pakistan conceding a whopping 100 runs in the last five overs, proved costly.

"Without a doubt it was a huge turning point to give chance to somebody like Taylor, who's a top player in their side. It cost us but we also bowled poorly," said Waqar.

Waqar said his team must regroup before their next game against Zimbabwe at the same ground on Monday.

"We are not going to panic, that's the important thing. If we panic here we're really going to struggle in this tournament. There are still big games to come. We've got Australia to handle and then we go to the quarter-finals," said Waqar.

Pakistan have six points from four matches and are second in Group A behind New Zealand on net run-rate. Sri Lanka are third and defending champions Australia fourth.

Pakistan (Pak) vs New Zealand (NZ): Don't pin all the blame on Kamran: Waqar

IS there any chance of Candada qualifying for the QuarterS?

No chance they have played thier 4 games....2 of the games are left against Australia and NZ. Besides that they have ver low run rate.

But there is a chance of Zimbabwe( played 3 games).....and coming games are against SL, PAk and Kenya.......If Zimbabwe wins 2 more games out of the next three then they can be in quarter finalz.

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Well said Waqar

Guys get over khatmal- and think rationally- whole world cup is wide open- maybe akmal and Pakistani team needed that kind of defeat to again lift them selves up- don't know if its a lame rhetoric or truth- but Pakistan team performs well- under pressure- and akmal is a part of the team-

Good wake up call for Pakistan. Better early than late. Pakistan needs to shuffle their batting order, and bring in another genuine fast bowler. Abdur Razzak is not, and cannot make up the presence of a fast bowler. He cannot start Pakistan's bowling attack, he can only be used as a part time bowler to contain the opposition team's run rate. This is the batting order and team I want to see played:

Mohammed Hafeez
Umar Akmal
Abdur Razzak
Misbah-ul-Haq
Younis Khan
Kamran Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Saeed Ajmal
Umar Gul
Wahab Riaz
Shoaib Akhtar

Abdur Razzak is the kind of player who plays well when given the time to settle down. He should be promoted at the top of the order rather than the bottom. The same thing for Umar Akmal. Ahmed Shahzad needs to be sacrificed to bring in a genuine fast bowler into the team. Misbah should come at 4 rather than 5 or 6, so he can stabilize the innings rather than getting pressured. I must say, Pakistan are badly missing the presence of Mohammad Yousuf and Shoaib Malik in the batting lineup, to steer Pakistan's ship. Abdur Rehman is an average bowler, and he must be replaced by Saeed Ajmal.

Batting goes down till 7, and Saeed Ajmal and Umar Gul can bat part time.

Pakistan's bowling options: Fast Bowlers: Akhtar, Riaz, Gul
Medium fast: Razzak
Spin bowlers: Ajmal, Afridi, Hafeez

Guys get over khatmal- and think rationally- whole world cup is wide open- maybe akmal and Pakistani team needed that kind of defeat to again lift them selves up- don't know if its a lame rhetoric or truth- but Pakistan team performs well- under pressure- and akmal is a part of the team-

Well you will get answer to your rhetoric at the end of QF. I am damn sure QF is going to be the last match of Pakistan in this WC. I am hopeful for it too. :)

Well you will get answer to your rhetoric at the end of QF. I am damn sure QF is going to be the last match of Pakistan in this WC.I am hopeful for it too. :)

If thats the Destiny no one can stop it- but that doesn't mean you chicken out and stop supporting your national team- Look at the loss with this angel ==> Its just the first loss we have suffered in WC- and it will help us to work on our short comings- Its a Wake Up Call Only-

Bhai Junoon ka song suno- Ay Jazba Junoon tu himmat na har- :tup:

Posted by CricketStalker on (March 09 2011, 10:25 AM GMT)
PCB should arrange for watermelons to be used in their practice session instead of the leather ball..Maybe then Kamran will get used to catching..haha! he really underestimates his position in the side...a real liability if you ask me...they should just declare him as injured and send him home...nonsense..

:lol:

Don't pin all the blame on Kamran: Waqar

PALLEKELE: Coach Waqar Younis admitted dropped catches by wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal cost Pakistan the match against New Zealand but praised Ross Taylor for the innings of a lifetime.

Pakistan (Pak) vs New Zealand (NZ): Don't pin all the blame on Kamran: Waqar

That's a typical Pakistani mindset. It's a game and blunders do happen. Why on earth our batting line failing every now and then. I put all the blame on batsmen (including Kamran Akmal) they didn't perform well, at least they should fight and show some spirit which was no where there.

Yuvraj is in hurry today to wind up the match against Netherlands. I wish if he were playing for Pakistan.

OMG hate for Akmal overshadowed hate for Bharat!!! Akmal must be very bad then (didnt see the match)

Back
Top Bottom