What's new

Pakistan vs India: WC Semifinal - March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ishant was not in good form at all . but yes i do believe sreesanth should play . oh and yeah where the hell is R.P ????

RP is RIP

You must find good bowlers from IPL or first class cricket whose bowling average is below 30 at least. Below 25 is highly admirable... I wonder why the whole of India concentrate on batting only... they have Sachin as their idol but none of the bowlers they like to follow and work on his footsteps.

Ishant was not in good form at all . but yes i do believe sreesanth should play . oh and yeah where the hell is R.P ????

RP has never done well in indian pitches. give him a swinging pitche in england or sth africa, he can cause mayhem. it's really sad to see him fade away, thanks srikanth.. he has really destroyed indian bowling attack with his pathetic selection. if india is doing well today, it's cause of dilip vengsarkar's selection committee.

Unfortunately, this is probably correct. I spoke to a Kashmiri Muslim from Srinagar - close friend of mine. This was during the 2003 WC. Most people in the valley support Pakistan - not all of Kashmir. Jammu, Ladakh, Kargil residents are India supporters in Cricket. Most people in the valley, like to see the Indian team lose.

Im gonna go to sleep at 10:30pm to get ready for the match. Will wake up really early to prepare myself tomorrow for this match. :D

In India, some pray for a Pakistan victory

Not everyone in India is hoping for a victory over Pakistan in the cricket World Cup: in Indian Kashmir, allegiance to the rival team reflects bitter feelings in the turbulent region.

Kashmir, a picturesque Muslim-majority Himalayan region that has sparked two wars between India and Pakistan, is split between the two countries but claimed in full by both.

In the highly militarised Indian part, anger over New Delhi's rule runs deep. An Islamist insurgency has raged for the last two decades and the past three summers have seen huge street demonstrations.

From Internet networking sites to social gatherings, most Kashmiris openly acknowledge their support for Pakistan in Wednesday's semi-final clash with India.

"I am very tense and praying for the victory of Pakistan," die-hard fan Mohammad Hafiz, 65, told AFP in Srinagar, the main city in Indian Kashmir.

"Supporting the Pakistani cricket team is in our genes. It reflects our anger at India," he said.

At the quarter-final stage, Pakistan's thumping victory over the West Indies was celebrated with fire crackers but India's win against Australia passed without a murmur.

Security forces, who are constantly on patrol, try to prevent any sign of support for Pakistan, and locals say that hoisting a Pakistan flag would be a life-threatening act.

Cricket has been used as a platform for protests against India in the past.

Two one-day internationals were held in Srinagar in the past: against Clive Lloyd's West Indies in 1983 and Allan Border's Australia in 1986.

The Indian team lost both games and faced hostile crowds at the Sher-i-Kashmir stadium. No internationals have been staged there since.

The full-throated support for the West Indians in 1983 prompted Lloyd to wonder if the match had been played in the Caribbean.

"There is huge distrust and alienation among Kashmiris due to the wrong policies of India," Gul Mohammad Wani, who teaches political science at Kashmir University, told AFP.

"In my opinion, these are the main reasons for the support the Pakistani team enjoys."

The match comes at a time when India and Pakistan are again engaging in peace talks with a view to permanently resolving a range of issues that bedevil their relations, including Kashmir.

Measuring public opinion in Indian Kashmir is difficult, but two surveys last year suggested a large majority favoured independence for the region from Pakistan and India.

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has invited Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gillani to watch the game with him at Mohali in what will be their first meeting since April last year.

"This is a positive development towards restoring lasting pace in the region," said Mehbooba Mufti, president of the main opposition People's Democratic Party in Kashmir.

"The fact that the Pakistani premier has accepted the gesture from his Indian counterpart is a clear indication that both the countries want to resume the highest-level dialogue process," she said.

India broke off talks with Pakistan in 2008 in the wake of Mumbai terrorist attacks which left 166 people dead.

The gunmen who stormed the city travelled from Pakistan and India suspects they were given help by Pakistani intelligence officers.

In India, some pray for a Pakistan victory -  Latest news around the world and developments close to home - MSN Philippines News

RP is RIP

You must find good bowlers from IPL or first class cricket whose bowling average is below 30 at least. Below 25 is highly admirable... I wonder why the whole of India concentrate on batting only... they have Sachin as their idol but none of the bowlers they like to follow and work on his footsteps.

That is true . Here in India everybody has an obsession with batting right from childhood .

Even in gali mohalla cricket kids fight to bat first and sometimes run away mischievously after getting their batting without bowling to the other side . Its so damn crazy . It was always annoying for me because i was the rare ones wo liked to bowl in my school and in my area . Even in college to this date such stuff happens . In India bowling is treated as if it is some sort of punishment , seldom does anybody genuinely enjoy it . Cricket means batting here . I hate it but this is the culture here. what to do . This is why we dont produce good quality bowlers as much as other good sides do .

:hitwall:

lucky for some.. han!!

:D

I have a really good feeling about this dude, think about it, Australia pace attack is better then Pakistan and we took them to the cleaners. We contained Aussie batsman for 260 and they are slightly better then Pakistan batsman.

I only worry about Afridi, otherwise I would put money on India win.

Epic Op have started a EPIC thread with EPIC sources and that too reported by (Reporting by Neyaz Elahi) :pakistan:

Credibility of source is awesome..! Utter bullshyt thread with stinking BS again and as expected from this Epic pakistani user...:lol:

go to IOK n find out urself boy.

Our flag is still hoisted all over IOK.

:D

I have a really good feeling about this dude, think about it, Australia pace attack is better then Pakistan and we took them to the cleaners. We contained Aussie batsman for 260 and they are slightly better then Pakistan batsman.

I only worry about Afridi, otherwise I would put money on India win.

dude Pakistan is a very unpredictable side . My advice - Don't expect anything .

RP is RIP

It really is a mystery. They are all quick but simply lose their zip. Munaf was 145+, he now trundles in at 125-130k, occasionally touching 135k
Irfan was never a quick but he could really swing it both ways and bowl at the 130-135k mark. Toward the end, he was bowling slower than Ganguly and he was still only 24.

RP Singh too clocked in the 140s regularly and had a mean bouncer. He has disappeared.

Sreesanth is borderline insane. He is capable of bowling an over leaking 25 runs and following it up with a wicket maiden. He is quick though.

The only 2 Indian bowlers who were reasonably zippy throughout their careers were Srinath and Agarkar. Agarkar bowled rank bad balls, but always got wickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom