What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

We have to trust our own Uavs rather than to buy TB-2. I think Shahpar-2 is much better than Turks drone.
If we manage to make a local engine for shahpar-2, that will give huge boost to its exports.

1654613685363.png

1654613727197.png

Our very own MALE UAV project. Is it officially dead or still we can have some hope ?

Dead. Victim of inexperience, egos, and the general lack of R&D appetite for a fighting force like PAF.
there is no harm in going for JV if you are inexpeirenced in a field..we dont have any spare change anyway nor good people to run a project

Dead. Victim of inexperience, egos, and the general lack of R&D appetite for a fighting force like PAF.
The PAF leadership is stuck between a rock and hard place.

The "rock" is that the general state of our economy makes defence purchases more and more difficult.

The "hard place" is that the PAF broadly understands that "local sourcing" helps make defence more affordable (from a ForEx standpoint). However, the PAF cannot organizationally split itself from fighting in order to be an R&D org, or Ministry of Development, or Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc.

Ultimately, the fact that we have generals going into these non-fighting spheres speaks to both a vacuum in those spheres and an overstep. The latter happens, but it's not always malicious. It's just that no one else is doing it.

I think, at some level, the real "gap" is the lack of a hawkish political leadership. Logically, if your political leadership believes in fortifying Pakistan's defenses or even exerting Pakistani interests in other lands, they'd work to strengthen the economy.

They'll take whatever steps necessary to ensure the armed forces get the money they need for their function. Turkey manifested that leadership through Erdogan. India is doing it through Modi. China has been doing it since day 1.

Look, all I'm saying is, @Zarvan for Amir and @MastanKhan for Chief Qadi. Let's go @SQ8 @JamD

They'll take whatever steps necessary to ensure the armed forces get the money they need for their function. Turkey manifested that leadership through Erdogan. India is doing it through Modi. China has been doing it since day 1.
Actually, it's the total opposite with Turkey. The percentage of GDP per year spend for defence has reduced drastically ever since AKP has risen to power and no major platform (such as modern tanks, F-16s, frigates, tanker or cargo aircraft, etc.) have been procured in the last -20 years. There are exceptions to this, but even then they are only in small numbers. You may point to I-class, Anadolu LHD, upcoming TF-X/MMU, TF-2000, Altay tank etc. but majority of these have been planned since the 90s. What has been done in terms of defence are only product development. Most if not all funds go to this and when it comes to procuring; there's almost nothing. Zero. Nada. Zilch. (Exceptions being all kinds of munitions and TB-2 class small-mid drones).

At the end, Turkey has defended its interests in Libya with G class (O.H.P. class) and Barbaros/Yavuz classes(MEKO 200 TN I/II) (late 80s-early 90s) in the sea; supplied 60 year old M60s to the GNA; airlifted with 1974 Cyprus veteran C-130Hs and did air patrol with F-16 Block 40M/50Ms (procured in the 90s with the Gulf financement)

Not with the I-Class or F-35s, but with minimum 25-30 year old equipments.

Back
Top Bottom