What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

NEWSSelect
Home> News> Air Warfare> Pakistan is confirmed as a TB2 user
FUQRiXOWQAE5EEI.jpeg

Pakistan is confirmed as a TB2 user
2nd June 2022 - 15:30 GMT | by Arslan Khan in Islamabad

RSS
This satellite image captured by Google Earth shows a TB2 UAV at PAF Base Murid. (Photo: Google Earth)

The Turkish-built Bayraktar TB2 has found a new home in Pakistan.

On 7 April, a Bayraktar TB2 UAV was seen on satellite imagery at Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Base Murid. This was the first official confirmation of the delivery of these systems to Pakistan.

In Google Earth imagery, two ground control stations (GCS) can be seen alongside a variety of support equipment.

Typically, one GCS is capable of handling up to three UAVs. This indicates that the PAF has received at least 2-6 UAVs. Recently, there have been regular flights by these aircraft under the call sign ‘Raider’.

PAF Base Murid has historically

My attempt at explaining what seems to be happening:
1. I think we shouldn't view UAVs as manned jets in terms of logistic trains. That is, having 10 different fighter types is super expensive but having 10 different UAV types probably isn't very expensive - especially for these smaller S1/S2/Burraq/TB2 types. There is some value in having diverse assets.
2. Pakistan's armed forces are getting their hands on every decent UAV they can to induct them in large numbers. The capability is being built up FAST.
3. Pakistan's armed forces are getting their hands on every decent UAV so that they can learn to use them well by absorbing them into their doctrine.
4. Operating a wide variety of UAVs will make Pakistani armed forces capable of specifying very very good requirements for local/joint/foreign programs (like how our experience with the F16 fed into the JF-17).
5. This is about point 3 but I think most of these foreign UAV buys are for planned use against India and not anti-terror ops as everyone wants them to be.
There should be a place for mini and micro drones, depending upon the role, mission and the force using it.

Doesn't Barq have an IR seeker?
Beam riding would also require IR seeker ?

There should be a place for mini and micro drones, depending upon the role, mission and the force using it.
I think there is. Some systems are being trialed from what I've heard.

I know people will wonder about this but I don't think that there are any serious local systems. The reason for this is simply the slow and bureaucratic nature of our R&D orgs. Something more private and swift is needed to keep up with the world. I have heard some stuff about something along these lines being envisioned with collaboration with Turkiye.

Beam riding would also require IR seeker ?

In that case No, But I've seen and image of burq with a seeker head, Not sure if that was IR or TV sight.
Beam rider would have a sensor on its rear, not the front. Also, I think that picture just shows dummy missiles. The actual missiles do have an IR Seeker on the front. With Zumr-2 being advertised with a laser designator, I see no reason why the Barq will have anything but an IR seeker.

I know people will wonder about this but I don't think that there are any serious local systems. The reason for this is simply the slow and bureaucratic nature of our R&D orgs. Something more private and swift is needed to keep up with the world. I have heard some stuff about something along these lines being envisioned with collaboration with Turkiye.

Beam rider would have a sensor on its rear, not the front. Also, I think that picture just shows dummy missiles. The actual missiles do have an IR Seeker on the front. With Zumr-2 being advertised with a laser designator, I see no reason why the Barq will have anything but an IR seeker.
I hope the younger generation (i.e., the next decision-makers) carry a lot more of this frustration in them than the current cadre. That's the only way to bridge the reality with their daydreams of being like Turkey. I genuinely hope this quasi-communism comes to an end.

I hope the younger generation (i.e., the next decision-makers) carry a lot more of this frustration in them than the current cadre. That's the only way to bridge the reality with their daydreams of being like Turkey. I genuinely hope this quasi-communism comes to an end.
Here is one such guy (left), who is thinking precisely in the way that you are:
1654268349671.png

(NESCOM Chairman Raza Samar)

The echelon which is handed over such drones would have to under go training and it is yet to be seen if small platoons of regular battalions are handed over such small drones.

1654382980323.png

1654382992184.png

CH 5. Pakistan Army and Pakistan Navy have ordered very few CH 4. Which to me means that they their main goal will be to get our boys trained on them I mean boys from Army and Navy and then we would move to this bigger beast in large numbers just like PAF went for Wing Long II in really large number.

View attachment 851351
View attachment 851352

CH 5. Pakistan Army and Pakistan Navy have ordered very few CH 4. Which to me means that they their main goal will be to get our boys trained on them I mean boys from Army and Navy and then we would move to this bigger beast in large numbers just like PAF went for Wing Long II in really large number.
Army ordered few but not Navy , the Navy order size is alright , however if I recall the PA was looking for a heavy strike drone so yea the logical choice would be for the PA to acquire the CH5 given the same manufacturer as CH4.

Army ordered few but not Navy , the Navy order size is alright , however if I recall the PA was looking for a heavy strike drone so yea the logical choice would be for the PA to acquire the CH5 given the same manufacturer as CH4.
What I know is Navy order is less then of 12.

Why did PAF buy akinci when it already has a heavy platform??.

Back
Top Bottom