What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

But when it reported by Chinese numbers for WL2 was 48 and to assembled at PAC, but now we are just importing them instead moving local assembly of Anka , so numbers might we swapped
It was reported by Indian news channels ,

Wing Long II number reported in Chinese media is more then 50. As for ANKA no clue. But if Pakistan is going to produce them Pakistan won't be producing it if we are going to just induct 10 to 15. If we are going to produce them then you can be sure that we would induct at least 50 of them also.
Maybe military is looking to replace most of the Mushak fleet with drones as well? That's the only way I see justification of such a big number (if true).
Or there's been a massive push within the military to embrace the emerging more disruptive technologies.
Or maybe for export?

Maybe military is looking to replace most of the Mushak fleet with drones as well? That's the only way I see justification of such a big number (if true).
Or there's been a massive push within the military to embrace the emerging more disruptive technologies.
Or maybe for export?
First reason is lack of Fighter jets. We can't afford that many fighter jets. So Drones are good alternate specially for bombing missions close to border. Export also will be a major goal. And yes finally our forces are learning to adopt new trends and technologies along with few other reasons.

Ah yes

> PAF doesn't induct male UAVs

Oh no the rest of the world have inducted male UAVs , we are so far behind , why don't we induct new UAVs , look at Armenia , the PAF policy planners are shit who don't care

> PAF inducts male uavs

Why is the PAF inducting so many uavs , do they even have a budget for that , how will they operate the uavs , why are they inducting light male uavs , why are we not making them and instead only importing them

First reason is lack of Fighter jets. We can't afford that many fighter jets. So Drones are good alternate specially for bombing missions close to border. Export also will be a major goal. And yes finally our forces are learning to adopt new trends and technologies along with few other reasons.
I think this move should be welcomed, drones reduce operational costs, greatly increase combat endurance as well boost intelligence and reconnaissance. One less F-7P
squadron (or other 3rd gen squadron) can mean 2-3 dozen MALE UCAVs, which by all means is a massive boost to PAFs ISR capabilities.
Turks are trying (or already have) equipped Anka with a miniaturised AESA radar, which can be a potent force multiplier. Now imagine if we get a ToT for that, and equip all our WL-2s and CH-4s with them. It'd be a game changer.

Or maybe for export?
Mushaks cant be replaced by drones, they serve as pilot trainers.

We will seeing alot of drones in coming year in PAF, PAA and PNAR
I agree. There are multiple advantages to having a Drone fleet. Less cost, saving up on human lives in case of loss, lower profiles may mean difficulty in radar visualizing the platform. Now the technology is maturing and becoming more accessible, there will be increasing use of drones. There will however, still be doubts about its utility in a theatre of war like the Indo Pak one where 2 relatively equally balanced sides will be a limiting factor in drone usage.
A

I agree. There are multiple advantages to having a Drone fleet. Less cost, saving up on human lives in case of loss, lower profiles may mean difficulty in radar visualizing the platform. Now the technology is maturing and becoming more accessible, there will be increasing use of drones. There will however, still be doubts about its utility in a theatre of war like the Indo Pak one where 2 relatively equally balanced sides will be a limiting factor in drone usage.
A
we have already retired our first runway launched drone ( PN's UQAB-2 2010-2017 )
Likely replaced by the Luna-NG UAVs

Mushaks cant be replaced by drones, they serve as pilot trainers.
They mean for PAA, not for PAF
A
In war alot of drones will be consumed as one way bomb carrier... they may hit target or destroy on they way but consuming expensive A 2A missile to be destroyed

Side having maximum numbers will have backups to resend

They mean for PAA, not for PAF

In war alot of drones will be consumed as one way bomb carrier... they may hit target or destroy on they way but consuming expensive A 2A missile to be destroyed

Side having maximum numbers will have backups to resend
I did not think of things from that perspective. So thanks for pointing it out. My only concern is whether the cost would be worth the effort. Interestingly, PAC getting TOT for ANKA pointstowards local manufacturing which might drive the cost down further. What that cost is likely to be remains to be seen.

I did not think of things from that perspective. So thanks for pointing it out. My only concern is whether the cost would be worth the effort. Interestingly, PAC getting TOT for ANKA pointstowards local manufacturing which might drive the cost down further. What that cost is likely to be remains to be seen.
Someone had pointed out here that ANKA was being purchased by NESCOM in a very limited numbers and not directly by PAC/PA/PAF/PN.

Did something change ?

The Karabakh conflict has has a certain influence on the next plans. There is a diverse fleet in planning with assets focused on each layer. From arty spotting to strategic recce to SEAD.

There is an overlap in asset capability but some are different in being capable of hauling ELINT and ECM with possibly a SLAR with GMTi SAR planned.

The Indians are moving rapidly ahead in battlefield analysis and will initially have a superior picture of vehicular movements on Pakistan side.

Someone had pointed out here that ANKA was being purchased by NESCOM in a very limited numbers and not directly by PAC/PA/PAF/PN.

Did something change ?
bruh nescom literally got the TOT to make as many Ankas they like .
The Karabakh conflict has has a certain influence on the next plans. There is a diverse fleet in planning with assets focused on each layer. From arty spotting to strategic recce to SEAD.

There is an overlap in asset capability but some are different in being capable of hauling ELINT and ECM with possibly a SLAR with GMTi SAR planned.

The Indians are moving rapidly ahead in battlefield analysis and will initially have a superior picture of vehicular movements on Pakistan side.
India where, i dont see em ,
India has literally like only Searchers and heron 1s with simple eo sensor payloads ( except a few mpa radar on IN Herons ) as their UAV fleet , with some 2 MQ-9B on lease with the IN
and we have got
PA has Luna X-2000s , CH4Bs ,
PAF has Falco , Shahpar , Burraq , Shahpar-2 , WL-1 , WL-2
PN has Scan Eagle , Luna NG , CH4B

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom