What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

I seriously liked these mini attack drones. These can fly across the border enters the bunker and Boooom

20210929_233707.jpg
20210929_233709.jpg
20210929_233712.jpg

Unless a major rethink in our operational offensive/defensive strategies on border happens, till then these rotary UAV systems will be given zero attention.

I really thought deeply, before I wrote this Reply. Since you sound like an obnoxious teenager who memorises stuff from Brochures and then uses those in arguments. But I can’t be too mad, I used to be one, going back to the PDF days 20 years ago. Makes me cringe as I enter middle age.
Lets deal with what you wrote one by one, but first let’s dispense with the silliest bit in your post, that a Repaer could carry 8 Shahpar II…no kt can’, it’s not a B52. The Repear has 7 hard points, and it can carry a little under a 1000 kg, total.

1) As far as GIDS is concerned, they don’t have much if any information, they don’t even have a picture in their brochure, just an illistration.
So it’s utterly useless.
I hadn't realized that they had updated their brochure with the Shahpar-II. It is mostly useless but:
1633020588704.png

as close as possible to a confirmation of SATCOM. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

I hadn't realized that they had updated their brochure with the Shahpar-II. It is mostly useless but:
View attachment 781128
as close as possible to a confirmation of SATCOM. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)
I think SATCOM was always on the cards. PakSat-1R was supposed to have X-band transponders. I reckon budgetary issues and possibly supply-side blockers prevented us from acquiring those in time. However, they're loading PakSat-MM1R with both Ku-band and Ka-band, which is solid capability right there. I bet the third satellite will have Ka-band and X-band for sure (to manage both drone operations and SATCOM-based communications for LRMPAs, AEW&C, ISTAR and EW/ELINT).

I think SATCOM was always on the cards. PakSat-1R was supposed to have X-band transponders. I reckon budgetary issues and possibly supply-side blockers prevented us from acquiring those in time. However, they're loading PakSat-MM1R with both Ku-band and Ka-band, which is solid capability right there. I bet the third satellite will have Ka-band and X-band for sure (to manage both drone operations and SATCOM-based communications for LRMPAs, AEW&C, ISTAR and EW/ELINT).
Cant we use the chinese sats for uavs , both our CH4 & WL-2 , have the Satcom dishes installed with their ground control units so

Cant we use the chinese sats for uavs , both our CH4 & WL-2 , have the Satcom dishes installed with their ground control units so
The Chinese probably wouldn't want their satellites implicated in any questionable drone usage by foreign customers. They'd actually sell you the satellite (full package) so you can run SATCOM-based operations independently of them. That way, the end-user can do whatever it wants.

The Chinese probably wouldn't want their satellites implicated in any questionable drone usage by foreign customers. They'd actually sell you the satellite (full package) so you can run SATCOM-based operations independently of them. That way, the end-user can do whatever it wants.
Do operators of American UCAVs (India, Britain, Italy, Morocco, Turkey etc..) use their own satellites? Or is this unique to the Chinese?
Is SATCOM expensive? Or is it a one time cost?

Do operators of American UCAVs (India, Britain, Italy, Morocco, Turkey etc..) use their own satellites? Or is this unique to the Chinese?
Is SATCOM expensive? Or is it a one time cost?
The US and UK have a special relationship (from a defence standpoint, they operate as one force many times). I'd say this extends to the US' relationship with other core NATO countries (e.g., Italy, Spain, Germany, etc) as well as Japan and South Korea.

The Turks don't operate major US-origin UAVs. Rather, they've designed and built their own -- e.g., Anka-S, TB2, etc -- and are moving towards building their own SATCOM capabilities with their own satellites. The Indians have their own communications satellite set-up (INSAT). The Brazilians ordered a really capable comms satellite (Ka-band and X-band) from France.

So, I wouldn't say it's unique to the Chinese. Unless you're really close with the U.S., you'll almost certainly invest in your own communications satellite(s). There's no point tying yourself to the hip with another country unless you're co-investing in a joint satellite capability (which would make sense for global navigation and location services like GPS or GNSS).

Satellites are a recurring cost because the systems themselves have a limited lifespan in space. You'll need to replace them every 12-15 years or so. However, it's not all bad considering that cycling gives you the opportunity to leverage new-generation transponders and other subsystems for better performance. This recurring aspect to satellites makes in-house satellite production and indigenous SLVs pretty important, and I expect we'll hear from Pakistan on both fronts in the next 5-7 years.

We need our own MILSAT network and until we have our own boosters, yeah we will struggle.

Did we buy these?
Why not the NORINCO CR500?
No we haven't bought these but I really hope we do. Because either these ones or Norinco CR 500 are must for our border posts.

No we haven't bought these but I really hope we do. Because either these ones or Norinco CR 500 are must for our border posts.
If we can get them cheap enough, the entire counter terrorism scene can change. Along with WAMI capable drones.

ANALYSIS: HOW PAKISTAN CAN DESIGN A LOYAL WINGMAN DRONE

By Syed Aseem Ul-Islam

Author Profile: Syed Aseem Ul Islam is a Research Scholar at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, specializing in adaptive and model-predictive flight control systems. He received his bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering from the Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad, and his master’s and Ph.D. degrees in flight dynamics and control from the University of Michigan.

A previous article discussed how the goals and projects under Project Azm needed to be reoriented to make them achievable within the constraints of Pakistan’s aerospace ecosystem and the realities of TAI’s existing and substantial investment into its TFX program. That article had argued that Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) should be pursuing a loyal wingman unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) project instead of a fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) program. This article will propose a possible roadmap for such a program.

The proposed program envisions two UCAV’s (named ‘Vafadar-1’ and ‘Vafadar-2’ for the purpose of this article). Vafadar-1 would serve as the first step in PAC’s quest towards developing a loyal wingman program. It can serve as a testbed for technologies and be a relatively lower-risk and lower-cost UCAV program. Towards the end of the Vafadar-1 program, the Vafadar-2 program could be started, which will build upon the successes of its predecessor. Vafadar-2 would be bigger, more capable, and more expensive than Vafadar-1. Both loyal wingman UCAV’s will present the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), Turkish Air Force (TuAF), and potential export customers with two options that can work together seamlessly and provide the perfect mix of low and high-end loyal wingman capability.

Designing, constructing, and flying these UCAVs that are approaching manned fighter jets in complexity will give PAC valuable experience and build the human resource and infrastructure that it is currently lacking. Embarking on this program will build the foundations on which PAC will become capable of designing and building large parts of a manned fighter jet, as is the vision under Project Azm.

Involving Private Industry
Since the design and development of these UCAVs will be a paradigm shift for Pakistan’s aerospace industry, this will make it the perfect time to start involving the private sector in the program.

PAC should put out a requirement for the Vafadar-1 loyal-wingman UCAV and invite proposals from Pakistani aerospace companies, such as Integrated Dynamics, Woot Tech, and Satuma.

Obviously, these companies currently do not have the capacity to undertake a program of such complexity. Thus, the intention of involving these companies in the program is to gradually build their capacity. Their proposals should include their own capacity enhancement plans and how they intend to collaborate with PAC and other private companies in order to account for their individual deficiencies. For example, Solunux may be invited for expertise on turbines, Sherani engineering may be invited for expertise jigs and assemblies, and East-West-Infiniti may be invited for expertise in electronics. In Western fashion, two consortiums of private companies might be selected as finalists and two competing designs for Vafadar-1 might be taken to the prototype stage.

Copied from Quwa.org
https://quwa.org/

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @JamD is PAC working on loyal wingman drone?or this is just idea by Quwa org?

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom