What's new

Pakistan - Turkey (PAC-TAI) Collaboration for NGFA-TFX 5th Gen Aircraft l Updates, News & Discussion

FmhdGViaEAI3EHI

Hope that in actual we become part of this project officially.. not only on Twitter

TAI GM Kotil: TAI will employ 200 Pakistani engineers to work on software packages in the MMU project. Already 40 Pakistani engineers are part of the workforce under the MMU program.
1254.PNG

TAI GM Kotil: TAI will employ 200 Pakistani engineers to work on software packages in the MMU project. Already 40 Pakistani engineers are part of the workforce under the MMU program.
This is huge and basically confirmation that Pakistan wil be first foreign buyer of the aircraft.

This is huge and basically confirmation that Pakistan wil be first foreign buyer of the aircraft.
The configuration will be developed for the Pakistan Air Force may not be the variant shown in the mockup above. I don't want to speculate without an official announcement, but I can say that the MMU program will be a great gain for both countries. Apart from Pakistan, there will be a lot of employment from Malaysia. Not losing this workforce to western companies and ultimately keeping it within the aviation industry of our countries is a very valuable output in itself.

The configuration will be developed for the Pakistan Air Force may not be the variant shown in the mockup above. I don't want to speculate without an official announcement, but I can say that the MMU program will be a great gain for both countries. Apart from Pakistan, there will be a lot of employment from Malaysia. Not losing this workforce to western companies and ultimately keeping it within the aviation industry of our countries is a very valuable output in itself.

Mockup above?? Which mockup?

View attachment 924679

nice - TFX will be inducted by PAF for sure - looking at Pakistans procurement plans - it is a given( there will be a delay due to economic issues of course).

Are these engineers in Pakistan via a turkish company in Pakistan or in turkey? Official PAF sponsorship or actual private direct employees of a Turkish company?

View attachment 924679
Independent contractors, or government?

Statement means nothing of the government isn't involved.

Also what would they be contributing/learning? That matters a lot as well.

There is no formal intergovernmental memorandum of understanding on MMU partnership.

TAI, as a company, has technical office installations and some more future plans within the permission of Pakistani authorities. It also has cooperation protocols with counterpart institutions and technical universities in Pakistan. In other words, TAI will use hundreds of Pakistani engineers, some of whom will be directly employed by TAI itself, to work on the software side of the development program, and it seems that will also outsource some package engineerings to Pakistani institutions and universities. I find it very valuable to establish this culture of coordination and collaboration. There may have been a few specific examples in the past, but this is a multi-billion dollar project involving hundreds skilled force. This is what I draw attention to. The MMU program will indirectly benefit Pakistan's aviation industry even in this form of cooparation. It will also ensure retention of this skilled workforce in domestic institutions.

Other than that, it would be pure speculation whether the Pakistani air force is interested in this aircraft, or what stage the negotiations are at.

via TUSAS investment in Pakistan.

IMO, if the PAF buys the MMU, then TUSAS will run the program independently of PAC and, instead, work directly through its subsidiary in Pakistan and the Pakistani private sector. There's no point in relying on Pakistan's state-owned enterprises.

Back
Top Bottom