Pakistan, Turkey Agree To Augment Military Cooperation

blain2

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Pakistan, Turkey Agree To Augment Military Cooperation​

On Jul 5, 2022

Pakistan and Turkey have agreed to further optimize military-to-military ties, particularly in training and counter-terrorism domains.
An understanding of this effect was reached during a meeting between Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Commander Turkish Land Forces General Musa Avsever in Rawalpindi on Tuesday.
According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the two leaders discussed matters of mutual and professional interest with a special focus on defence and security collaboration between the two brotherly countries.
Speaking on the occasion, the Army Chief said we highly value our brotherly relations with Turkey, which are deeply rooted in history and entrenched in our cultural and religious affinities.
The visiting dignitary acknowledged the professionalism of the Pakistan Armed Forces and vowed to enhance cooperation in various fields.
Commander Turkish Land Forces also pledged to play his role in further improvements in diplomatic cooperation with Pakistan at all levels.

I feel like Pakistan is sharing no technology at all. We need more Pakistani input with regards to missile technology.

Especially ICBM tech because we know you have it...🙂
The less said, the better, specially on public forums.

I don't think we are holding back but there are MTCR constraints.

I feel like Pakistan is sharing no technology at all. We need more Pakistani input with regards to missile technology.

Especially ICBM tech because we know you have it...🙂
Our cooperation on strategic matters go back to the 80s. In context of Turkey and Pakistan, MTCR has less value than toilet paper.

Achievements in untold stories are the most valuable ones. Much of the friendship between Pakistan and Turkiye consists of great untold stories of brotherhood.

We know that if we ever need Pakistan's help, they will be with us, and our belief is unwavering. Daily political events only entertain amateurs. Strategic partnership is written in the codes of our states.

I hope Turkey can give us its most valuable assets. These assets are NOT its technology, but... The ability to run efficient SOEs like TAI and Aselsan. Teaching generals to take a back seat and delegate to the engineers, scientists, marketing professionals, etc. Knowledge of how to run a true pensions fund so that we can use more of our budget in procurement and readiness and less to payroll. And so on.

A Pakistani engineer will reject the low salary offers coming from defense Orgs of Pakistan. The west keeps the cream to itself.
I respectfully disagree. In Turkey, most of the engineers are also highly valued in our society. Ofc, money is extraordinarily important and they receive a good payment, but the prestige, standing and status that comes with the job is like a magnet that helps gravitate the most talented people towards state owned defense companies. They are really seen as heroes, being put on a pedestal and considered equal to soldiers fighting against PKK in the mountains of Northern Iraq.

The defense sector - despite being all about money like every other industry - has created an aura of heroism that inspires young students to compete for jobs in said companies.

I respectfully disagree. In Turkey, most of the engineers are also highly valued in our society. Ofc, money is extraordinarily important and they receive a good payment, but the prestige, standing and status that comes with the job is like a magnet that helps gravitate the most talented people towards state owned defense companies. They are really seen as heroes, being put on a pedestal and considered equal to soldiers fighting against PKK in the mountains of Northern Iraq.

The defense sector - despite being all about money like every other industry - has created an aura of heroism that inspires young students to compete for jobs in said companies.
Wish the same could be said about Pakistan regarding this.

P
I hope Turkey can give us its most valuable assets. These assets are NOT its technology, but... The ability to run efficient SOEs like TAI and Aselsan. Teaching generals to take a back seat and delegate to the engineers, scientists, marketing professionals, etc. Knowledge of how to run a true pensions fund so that we can use more of our budget in procurement and readiness and less to payroll. And so on.
I don’t think anyone can teach culture unless you are willing. That means the retd Col or Wg Cmdr relinquishing their post retirement employment or even in service being answerable to a civilian? Blasphemy!!

Unless its a cult of personality like Drs Munir, Samar or AQ Khan.. forget it

P

I don’t think anyone can teach culture unless you are willing. That means the retd Col or Wg Cmdr relinquishing their post retirement employment or even in service being answerable to a civilian? Blasphemy!!

It's ironic because the not-so-great characters stay in Pakistan, but the good ones leave. I know of retired PAF officers working as civilians (and reporting to civilians) across Boeing, LM, Textron, etc. Sadly, every single one of them brought up the same issues you do with working in Pakistan and, to an extent, even working in the PAF. However, these were guys we'd rather have in Pakistan!

These last few posts are fun. Above is exactly what Turkey is trying to do. The TAI NESCOM collab I told you about and what our side wanted from it.

A Pakistani engineer will reject the low salary offers coming from defense Orgs of Pakistan. The west keeps the cream to itself.
Yes. But that is more a function of their culture and not their salary. Their salary with the perks is almost decent. None of my friends left because they were loving the job but the pay was too low. They all left because it was a black hole for any growth except chaploosi.

Then Turkey needs to set up said defence orgs in Pakistan and nurture our talent!
Great idea :)

P

Funny you should namedrop Samar. His son (current chairman NESCOM likely due to the said cult) is an avid believer in the Turkish model and actively trying to import it (in collaboration with a few AWC management). That project has been stalled this year but it is the one I am most excited about for obvious reasons. Some good might come of this cult still.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom