What's new

Pakistan Tour of England 2020

Golden opportunity lost ..This bowling attack is not up to the mark.. 270 is a very good Target in 4th innings ..

Bro Pakistan have done good - they are a young side and they will gain valuable experience from this defeat

Yes I totally agree .

it was an opportunity lost with 2nd innings batting and when woakes came in to bat with England 5 down but effort was there from Pak team and very encouraging signs with this young team .

test cricket at its best and we’ll done England it was a classic match and I was hooked all the way through . English media also raving about the Pak bowlers hoping batsmen step up in second test .

We need to understand the reason why our team is referred to as "Panicstan". It is partly because we panic and jump up and down needlessly , as displayed in the 3rd innings when England should simply have been batted out of contention and the only possible results would be a Pak win or a draw. Yet, we all saw what happened. Masood scored his 150 earlier, hence he thought his job was done. Azhar thought since he's captain, his job is also already done. Abid Ali thought he's a noobie, hence he has license to play rubbish shots, hence his job was done before walking onto the pitch. I haven't analysed the rest of the batsmen fully, but for reasons unknown (possibly that we have excellent bowlers that our batsmen depend on to bail them out, who give it their all and actually deserve to play for better batsmen), they also thought their job was done.

Hence, a desperate slog by our tail ensued and suddenly a contest emerged when England simply needed to be batted out of the game.

But there's a second reason we are "Panicstan" and will never be Pakistan. We seek to win by inducing panic amongst the opposition instead of being better than them. We try to make them collapse and commit hara kiri instead of simply being better than them. Now this makes for highly entertaining cricket, but it is a strategy that will not produce champions or even regular winners. Opposition teams have figured this out, and all they have to do against Pakistan is NOT PANIC. We saw this today. Any team that stays calm against Pakistan will win because Pakistan will implode at some stage in the batting department.

We don't need batting coaches or bowling coaches or even head coaches. We just need a hypnotist and some cannabis.

We need to understand the reason why our team is referred to as "Panicstan". It is partly because we panic and jump up and down needlessly , as displayed in the 3rd innings when England should simply have been batted out of contention and the only possible results would be a Pak win or a draw. Yet, we all saw what happened. Masood scored his 150 earlier, hence he thought his job was done. Azhar thought since he's captain, his job is also already done. Abid Ali thought he's a noobie, hence he has license to play rubbish shots, hence his job was done before walking onto the pitch. I haven't analysed the rest of the batsmen fully, but for reasons unknown (possibly that we have excellent bowlers that our batsmen depend on to bail them out, who give it their all and actually deserve to play for better batsmen), they also thought their job was done.

Hence, a desperate slog by our tail ensued and suddenly a contest emerged when England simply needed to be batted out of the game.

But there's a second reason we are "Panicstan" and will never be Pakistan. We seek to win by inducing panic amongst the opposition instead of being better than them. We try to make them collapse and commit hara kiri instead of simply being better than them. Now this makes for highly entertaining cricket, but it is a strategy that will not produce champions or even regular winners. Opposition teams have figured this out, and all they have to do against Pakistan is NOT PANIC. We saw this today. Any team that stays calm against Pakistan will win because Pakistan will implode at some stage in the batting department.

We don't need batting coaches or bowling coaches or even head coaches. We just need a hypnotist and some cannabis.

lol

Well thought out. What you have to also understand is historically we have had the likes of Inzamam - Yousuf Youanna - Javed Miandad et all - wanting time bat till they need a walking stick and not wanting to retire gracefully hence not allowing youngsters to come through.
Babar needs to captain the side and we need to find a decent opener to partner Shan Masood.
Even with all the let downs of the 3rd innings - we still were in a position to win. Poor captaincy and a fantastic partnership between Woakes and Butler gave them a lucky victory.
Mate also remember how often in the last year have the lads played test cricket?
I will on this let them off with losing the game.

@masterchief_mirza
I know slightly off topic but I once had a partnership with Rashid Latif of 196 in 17
Overs - smashed it everywhere played out of my skin - we finished the innings making 403 for 4. My share of the partnership? A classy 14 not out

lol

Well thought out. What you have to also understand is historically we have had the likes of Inzamam - Yousuf Youanna - Javed Miandad et all - wanting time bat till they need a walking stick and not wanting to retire gracefully hence not allowing youngsters to come through.
Babar needs to captain the side and we need to find a decent opener to partner Shan Masood.
Even with all the let downs of the 3rd innings - we still were in a position to win. Poor captaincy and a fantastic partnership between Woakes and Butler gave them a lucky victory.
Mate also remember how often in the last year have the lads played test cricket?
I will on this let them off with losing the game.
Ultimately I don't mind really as England are an excellent team and play honourably and I would naturally support them against anyone but Pakistan. So good for England.

However, to be clear, England should not have won this game. Pakistan let them off the hook. Mentally, there is no way back for Pakistan for the next two games. Pakistan has capitulated already, because it plays every single test match in this haphazard chaotic fashion from the 80s while everyone else has evolved. You'll see what I mean soon enough.

Ultimately I don't mind really as England are an excellent team and play honourably and I would naturally support them against anyone but Pakistan. So good for England.

However, to be clear, England should not have won this game. Pakistan let them off the hook. Mentally, there is no way back for Pakistan for the next two games. Pakistan has capitulated already, because it plays every single test match in this haphazard chaotic fashion from the 80s while everyone else has evolved. You'll see what I mean soon enough.
No I agree - I can’t see them coming back - I can now see a white wash or brown wash -
Whatever you want to call it.
Still we potentially have the fastest openers in The world and Babar - probably one of the best batters In the world.

@masterchief_mirza
I know slightly off topic but I once had a partnership with Rashid Latif of 196 in 17
Overs - smashed it everywhere played out of my skin - we finished the innings making 403 for 4. My share of the partnership? A classy 14 not out
Oh that's a superb celebrity story! I once sat quietly in waqar younis's living room (we knew one of his family)...I was 11 or 12...unable to speak to him I was so star struck. Pre-mobile phone era so no selfie even.

No I agree - I can’t see them coming back - I can now see a white wash or brown wash -
Whatever you want to call it.
Still we potentially have the fastest openers in The world and Babar - probably one of the best batters In the world.
Agreed. Some hope for the future.

Back
Top Bottom