What's new

Pakistan to test-fire Italian Spada 2000 in 2010

Let me ask a (stupid may be) question.

Suppose Pakistan has no jets, helicopters, war-ships, tanks but a lot of many many all kinds of missiles, some advanced satellites, advanced radars and money.
Then is it possible to win the war against India by attacking with only missiles (with the help of radars and satellites) which will destroy their tanks, ships, jets, bankers, armies?

I know that will be expensive but I am asking about in case Pakistan has the money and systems.

Not useful, any army needs all the platforms to do the job required, that is defend its boundaries and its sovereignty.

Wars can't be won with one platform, every platform has its own usefulness and contribution to the overall objective.

Hey guys can someone who has worked with italian systems please care to elaborate how reliable they are.
There is a big diference between a defence product and a car but Italian cars have crap electronics.You would know what I mean if you have had a punto or alfa.

Punto is a low-cost car, the only electronics it has are a stereo and a lcd digital clock on the center console!

Everything is relative. Look at the Maserati Ghibli of the late 80s/early 90s....it was "wise" beyond its years mechanically, electronically, etc.!

Back on subject, you can find out how the Spada 2000 performed during tests in Kuwait.

I dont know how you can berate Italian electronics, considering that the radars used in J-7PGs are of Italian origin -and they performed very well.

MBDA Exocet SM39 are in use by Pakistan Navy --for the Agusta 90-Bs, in tandem with the Black Shark torpedos.

battle proven.

Brothers,
Is this among its own kind, the best one ?
Or
What you will give "Spada" 1, 2 or 3 position, standing among the others systems.

Let me ask a (stupid may be) question.

Suppose Pakistan has no jets, helicopters, war-ships, tanks but a lot of many many all kinds of missiles, some advanced satellites, advanced radars and money.
Then is it possible to win the war against India by attacking with only missiles (with the help of radars and satellites) which will destroy their tanks, ships, jets, bankers, armies?

I know that will be expensive but I am asking about in case Pakistan has the money and systems.

No we still need jets, helicopters, war-ships, tanks, etc..to win wars.

Missiles can do a lot of damage, but you need to send in ground forces to secure targets.

Its a point defence system, would be replacing the old croatle SAM system we have for many decades now.

Are we giving the Croatle to Bangladesh or SL? OR
are we going to use for testing etc of our own missile systems?

MIRVs [/B]which means (Multiple Independently Targetable Reentry Vehicle), it will create a huge difficult for India to destroy it at a ONE-TIME MISSILE with multiple targets. Unlike USA (defense shields) and Russia (MIRVs) are long distances in far away, India and Pakistan are neighbors.

I think MIRV has been operational since 2006-2007 time frame.

Just heard on Dunya TV online:

Pakistan Air Force will be handed over Air Defense System tomorrow by a European nation, dunya did not name but be assured "Italy".

I am looking for a better source as soon as I get more information I'll post if any of you found post it.

High tech air defence system to be integrated into PAF in next few days

ISLAMABAD: State of the art air defence system will be integrated into Pakistan Air Force (PAF) within a few days.

Defence sources told this news agency that air defence system had been named SPADA and Pakistan had acquired it from Italy. This system will become fully operational next week and it will help boost capabilities of PAF.

Sources told radar system had also been modernized in the new air defence system and it would enhance the combat might of PAF.

A special ceremony would be held in the next week for inclusion of this system in PAF. Air Chief Marshall Rao Qamar had already informed president Asif Ali Zardari and prime minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani about this system and they had also said new air defence system was need of the country.

Yh tum jo itna muskura rehay ho...
Kya ghum hai jisko chupa rehay ho..

Ban jaein gay zeher petay petay...
Yh anso jo tum piye ja rehay ho....
Kya ghum hai jisko chupa rehay ho...

Yh tum jo itna muskura rehay ho...

Ban jaein gay zeher petay petay...
Yh anso jo tum piye ja rehay ho....
Kya ghum hai jisko chupa rehay ho...

Rekhaon Ka Khel Hai Muqaddar
Rekhaon Se Maat Kha Rahe Ho

Jin Zakhmon Ko Waqt Bhar Chala Hai
Tum Kyon Unhe Chhedhe Ja Rahe Ho

Nice Indian song. Love it. :smitten:

well im big fan of spada man it is the best available tech sam system pakistan has picked hope they continue the way they do keep up the good work what we need is just a best avaialble high alltitude sam system

Back
Top Bottom