What's new

Pakistan to sell beer to india

How could a great ISLAMIC nation like PAKISTAN sells un-Islamic beer to any country... This is HARAM.

please dont be a typical indian (stupid) & open your minds.....no harm in exporting something which is in demand but not allowed in home country....

@Faiez: Non Alcoholic beers are classified as [NAB] in licensing these drinks dont contain ANY % of Alcohol and this is why you can find these in the open Market.

NAB brands are allowed and openly sold in Saudi Arabia , UAE and other Muslim countries.

You can find Holsten NAB in every saudi city even in Makkah.

4608720-Beer_na_ndi_nakakalasing_Riyadh.jpg

I can tell you about Sharjah (one of the 7 emirates that makes UAE), any type of malt drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) is not sold since 90s as even a non alcoholic beer has some composition of alcohol even though if it is very low.

Other emirates have a different law in regards to this.

nab.jpg

"Non Alcoholic" Beers made by Murree Brewery. [For Muslims]
"Non Alcoholic"??? Oh crap! And to think I was eagerly awaiting with bated breath to consume good alcoholic beer from Pakistan! Sheeesh!

Are they going to manufacture and export alcoholic beer to India or the 'vegetarian' variety? :undecided:

Cheers! :cheers:

Yaar start this "Beer Diplomacy" fast, i have had all kinds of beers here and would like to try a new one. My favourite is Kingfisher Strong and i would like a strong murree variety. Make it fast.

I can tell you about Sharjah (one of the 7 emirates that makes UAE), any type of malt drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) is not sold since 90s as even a non alcoholic beer has some composition of alcohol even though if it is very low.

Other emirates have a different law in regards to this.

Strange. Such non-alcoholic malts are sold openly here is Karachi.

One cannot trade in Haram items- The haram money would be going to Pak government in taxes- Shame-

You have a point.

Once production of alcohol starts, it's impossible to exactly keep track of where all this alcohol flows. At some point, some people who are not suppose to be drinking alcohol are going to get their hands on these drinks even though lawfully, it's banned.

Yes , that is the purpose of banning alcohol completely...

I dont know why these guys dont understand this.

Maybe they will understand when some one from their family gets married to a man who gets drunk and all...

I mean how wud u feel if your sister's husband starts drinking? These are things one should consider...

Not only alcohol, but there shud be a more strict check on other drug items as well..

good....business is business....

if it's brewery companies like Murree Breweries (which make beer, single malt whisky and other stuff) those are old companies which are run by the Parsi community. So it's silly for those who wonder "Muslim country selling booze" and this and that.

ironic, maybe.....but who cares

Murree Brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://parsikhabar.net/food/murree-brewery-still-brewing-in-a-dry-land-pakistans-parsi-brewery/1939/

excerpt:

Metaphorically speaking , the Murree brewery sits on one of the major fault lines of Pakistan’s often contradictory society. While Muslims have been banned from buying or drinking alcohol since 1977, few private social gatherings among the country’s political or business élite take place without the lubrication of liquor. A well-established network of bootleggers dealing in both locally produced and smuggled alcohol ensures that, while bars do not exist except for a couple of gloomy premises in five-star hotels, a drink in a private home is never far away.

For an institution such as the brewery, this two-faced attitude towards alcohol has meant several things. Firstly, while Christians, Hindus, Zoroastrians and other non-Muslims officially constitute its customers, there is a private acknowledgement that the overwhelming majority of drinkers are Muslims who work their way through the easily exploited permit system. Non-Muslims and foreigners can acquire an official permit that allows them to buy 30 bottles of beer or a quart of spirits every month. Reports suggest that such permits are easy both to copy and to obtain fraudulently.

At the same time, the brewery and distillery have to operate within a set of cramping rules. They are not allowed to advertise their products, for instance, and they have yet to be given permission to export them. The Islamic Ideology Council of Pakistan, which advises the government on policy issues, has made clear that it believes the export of alcohol abroad would damage the country’s international image. The council’s secretary Riaz-ur-Rehman confirmed: "We cannot allow anyone in the country to be engaged in the trade or production of alcohol."

Meanwhile, the company, which earlier this year produced the Muslim world’s first 20-year-old malt, provides the state and federal authorities with around $1m (£604,000) a month in taxes and duty.

"Absurd as it sounds, it’s true," said Mr Bhandara, who is a member of Pakistan’s tiny population of Zoroastrians or Parsis and is also, ironically, a teetotaller, even though he is permitted to drink because of his religion. "It’s totally hypocritical. I’m talking to the government at the moment about permission to export our beer to Britain [where it would be marketed with the catchphrase 'Have a Murree with your curry'], as many Asians in Britain are familiar with our products. Carlsberg were going to brew and sell it in the UK but then they said the beer market was shrinking. I am saying to them we have a 20 per cent increase in beer sales year-on-year in a Muslim country."

The Murree Brewery, shares of which are publicly traded on the Pakistan stock exchange in Karachi, was initially established in 1860 among the woods and cooling breezes of the Murree Hills, 20 miles north of Islamabad, where the elevation of 6,000ft was perfect for producing light beer for British colonial troops. Growing demand for its award-winning products saw the company establish additional breweries in Quetta in 1886 and in Rawalpindi in 1889, the site of the current operation.

In that case India should be allowed to export beer to pakistans "non muslim community" also ...that should be a fair deal !!!

Back
Top Bottom