What's new

Pakistan to raise 12,000 Marines in a new branch of Navy

Hi,

I think I know what the growth in the numbers of pak marines is----but at this time I would rather not comment---.

PN Marines are right now oriented towards base protection and nothing more and they are tasked for riverine operations to patrol the marshes only against incursions and man the outpost in that area.

I for one do not see any offensive capability in PN Marine formations.

PN Marines are right now oriented towards base protection and nothing more and they are tasked for riverine operations to patrol the marshes only against incursions and man the outpost in that area.

I for one do not see any offensive capability in PN Marine formations.
Amphibious Assault Demonstration for offensive Ops (Ex Bright star)
PM.jpg

Thank you for sharing this Pic. It says it all!!!! Totally ill equipped to fight in an amphibious role starting from the camo to the weapons and no helmets!

This also demonstrates that we do not have supporting armour or delivery vehicles for developing a beach head in a hot landing zone. Hovercraft are generally used in replenishing role and not deployed in hot landing zone.

My 2C worth.

MP5 for beachhead takeover? Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Raji'oon
Thank you for sharing this Pic. It says it all!!!! Totally ill equipped to fight in an amphibious role starting from the camo to the weapons and no helmets!

This also demonstrates that we do not have supporting armour or delivery vehicles for developing a beach head in a hot landing zone. Hovercraft are generally used in replenishing role and not deployed in hot landing zone.

My 2C worth.

If the tactics /weaponry / equipment is not according to your liking or standard, doesn't mean the training for offensive Ops is not taking place. It is very much there as shown in the picture.

So my understanding is that the Marine training is occurring at Army facilities - are the overall strategic and operational plans (for the Marines) being developed (or have been developed) by the Navy in conjunction with the Army or is it a purely Navy led process?

‘Pak Marines pride of nation’

Sentinels of the Creeks along South Eastern coast and custodians of ground based Air Defence of important Naval and Maritime infrastructure;
In 1999, Creeks Battalion was established and to further augment their strength, an Air Defence Battalion was also instituted in 2005. Subsequently, for security of the CPEC another Battalion namely 3rd Force Protection was established in 2012, whereas in Dec 2016 a special 'Task Force-88' (TF-88) was established for maritime security of Gwadar port and protection of associated sea lanes against both conventional as well as non-traditional threats and 3rd marines battalion was made part of TF-88.

At present, Pak Marines is a potent force of Pakistan Navy which is also capable of amphibious warfare, boarding operations, search and rescue operations and anti terrorism operations in addition to its primary responsibility of security of Pakistan Navy installations.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/251239-pak-marines-pride-of-nation

Coast guard under army ????
I believe the solution given of combining coast guard and msa and giving it under Navy is better quicker and more cost effective but to get to those 12000 number maybe instead of recruiting fresh and taking years to train em
They can draft army reserves who r already trained in basic so just few months specialized training would be enough after few years they can be sent back to army and others can be drafted
In that way we can make a huge reserve marine force which can be utilized quickly if ever needed

Coast guard under army ????
I believe the solution given of combining coast guard and msa and giving it under Navy is better quicker and more cost effective but to get to those 12000 number maybe instead of recruiting fresh and taking years to train em
They can draft army reserves who r already trained in basic so just few months specialized training would be enough after few years they can be sent back to army and others can be drafted
In that way we can make a huge reserve marine force which can be utilized quickly if ever needed

There was a television program that showed their training. It is quite rigorous. This shows that attention to quality is being given from the grounds up. They don't just want 12K odd men, they want 12K highly fit men. Which suggests the Marines are destined for major roles that we shall see in time.

If the tactics /weaponry / equipment is not according to your liking or standard, doesn't mean the training for offensive Ops is not taking place. It is very much there as shown in the picture.

Hey no reason to be hostile. We simply want the best for our men.

I read a story once why US police doesn't require officers to collect ammo during firing exercise. There was actually a time when officers were required to collect every single expended shell during training and turn it over at the end. And they had multiple incidents where officers got shot during actual combat because they were subconsciously collecting ammo during a live fire combat situation....

You perform in battle how you exercise during training. Except if this was somehow a CT exercise, or you can show me how MP5s are relevant to setting up beach heads, this was a sub-optimal utilization of resources.

Pakistan has no shortage of manpower

but question is how and what are these marines going to be equipped with

will they have their own helicopter squadron will they have their own amphibious warships

raising a marine is brigade is great how exactly do they plan on equipping them ?

It is mandatory for every unit to undergo NCTC training before being deployed for COIN ops.
Going with just infantry training leads to high troop casualties as witnessed in the past.

Pakistan Marines wartime role includes:
  • Defending coastal areas from enemy amphibious attack.
  • Along with SSG(N), defend bases & ports against enemy SF raids.
  • Along with SSG(N), protect coastal radars from enemy SF attacks.
  • Operating SHORADS as required.
Role that may be added:
  • Along with SSG(N), protect coastal anti-ship missile & SAM batteries from enemy SF attacks.

Last edited:
It is mandatory for every unit to undergo NCTC training before being deployed for COIN ops.
Going with just infantry training leads to high troop casualties as witnessed in the past.

Pakistan Marines wartime role includes:
  • Defending coastal areas (inc. creeks) from enemy amphibious attack.
  • Along with SSG(N), defend bases & ports against enemy SF raids.
  • Along with SSG(N), protect coastal radars from enemy SF attacks.
  • Operating SHORADS as required.
Role that may be added:
  • Along with SSG(N), protect coastal anti-ship missile & SAM batteries from enemy SF attacks.

When are they getting their amphibious assault ships... or a LHD ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom