What's new

Pakistan to let Americans and Afghans transit through Karachi

Evacuation from Afghanistan: Around 4,000 people to land in Karachi

File photo
File photo
ISLAMABAD: Around 3,000 to 4,000 Afghan citizens, who supported the US and allied forces during their war with Taliban, will be given Pakistan’s visa and brought to Karachi before their departure to the US after a month. The US and allied forces have requested Pakistan to help them in evacuation by August 31. The desperate Afghan citizens, who want to leave the country, are standing in a queue to board the aircraft.

The Sindh government will make boarding and lodging arrangements for them. The sources said the flights will start landing in Karachi from tomorrow.
According to a source, a high-level meeting was held between officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Director General Civil Aviation Authority in Rawalpindi to discuss the evacuation of Afghan citizens. In addition, another important meeting was also held in Karachi to finalise the arrangements for the evacuees.

The CAA sources said that as many as five flights carrying people will land in Karachi. Rest of the flights will land in Multan, Faisalabad, Islamabad and Peshawar while Lahore has declined to provide this facility. The sources said that those who arrived will be transported to the designated places arranged by the Sindh government through buses from the Jinnah Terminal.

Check the power of Lahoris and their presence in military bearucracy in bolded part of the news. Thumbs up to these guys for running the show.

@StormBreaker @waz @The Eagle @Cookie Monster @Zaki @Goenitz @Jungibaaz @Chak Bamu @TOPGUN @Patriot forever @spectregunship @mingle @PWFI @Vapnope @truthfollower @Imran Khan @Dalit @jamal18 @PAKISTANFOREVER @ali_raza @Areesh @jus_chillin @Mangus Ortus Novem @TsAr @Counter-Errorist @aliyusuf @Zarvan @LeGenD and others

1) The security situation in Karachi is already precarious at best. This move could possibly destabilize Karachi, Sindh and rest of Pakistan even more, in that particular order. OR it should be used as an opportunity to rectify this chink in the armour, by giving Sindh Rangers more powers, and increasing their presence ?

2) When GoP quietly entered into Quad 2.0, it's focus was on upgrading it's H/w capabilities. I'm sure they were quiet aware that there are no free lunches in this world.

3) There is a substantial presence of US personnel at Shabaz AFB, in some remote corner of Shabaz a tent city would have sufficed, NATO could have brought in their own generators and ac's. This would have been an ideal scenario.

Comments...?
I can’t say I’m surprised, unlike some on the forum who harp on about independent foreign policy, delinking with the US and embracing China etc.

Realistically, they have too much leverage on us for us not to fall in line if enough pressure is applied, and of course the free lunches thing goes both ways, I assume incentives on offer are very good too.

IMO this is not a bad move at all, the war may not be over but the foreign occupation is coming to a close. Pakistan can win easy brownie points with the int’l community, fight the narrative that our adversaries are building about blaming us for Afghanistan. I don’t think it will cost us much compared to the years of tough decisions we’ve had to make in this war.

Also, I hold a rather sceptical view of the Taliban right now.

I know most on the forum are rejoicing, our interior minister and others are saying the TTP etc. are finished. While their support via India and NDS is now diminished, the IEA is trying its level best not to make ANY new enemies. I doubt that they will crackdown on all the TTP, Baloch militants, or the other bad actors at work there (individuals or organisations). We’ve been hearing some signals (e.g Khalil ur Rahman Haqqani) from the IEA that for now they simply prefer that Pakistan open up a dialogue with TTP, come up with a settlement etc.

So right now, I see the whole international community and even Pakistan and China in the same boat as the US. Everyone’s core concern is that Afghan soil cannot be allowed to be used against any foreign power. Now does that mean IEA will crackdown on the hoarded of militants in AF, whether they are BLA/BLF, TTP, Uyghur, AQ, central Asian, or Iranian militants etc.?

I think that’s an open question right now, if IEA are forced to do this the blowback will be like the recent Kabul bombing. TTP, and other militancies will probably align with IS-K. Then Taliban will find itself fighting an insurgency.

So long story short, Afghanistan chapter is FAR from over. Foreign presence in Pakistan is not exactly new, we have a history. We need to make friends with both the West and China. Both these players, and us, we all want Afghanistan to be free of militants. Same page, so why not use the opportunity to win some free diplomatic victories?

My two cents...

Americans pay our bills and their Imf n world bank fund bank accounts of top army brass n goverment officials. Azadi from their banks ghulami will allow us to do things our way. Country that lives on beggars bawl ill never be independent.

The same is true of a lot of other countries who are in far more debt than Pakistan is. Yet they don't behave like this.

So right now, I see the whole international community and even Pakistan and China in the same boat as the US. Everyone’s core concern is that Afghan soil cannot be allowed to be used against any foreign power. Now does that mean IEA will crackdown on the hoarded of militants in AF, whether they are BLA/BLF, TTP, Uyghur, AQ, central Asian, or Iranian militants etc.?
Indeed, most of the world is on a wait and see mode in regards to how things pan out with the Taliban. Russia and China contrary to many peoples belief here appreciated US involvement as it helped to tie down militants which otherwise would've caused issues for them. Now that they have departed they are very hesitant in what to do with the Taliban at the moment.

They do have embassies in middle east
.Qatar , Kuwait and many other nation ..we are already vulnerable and not good in providing security ..this will make our people target of terror ..and I don't think they will leave soon ..
Someone said it there rightly
..they only alliance we are true with is US..we are always available to serve them like a loyal servant ...
It's better to serve them and demand money atleast ...kch faida to ho qoum ko..already we fought there war and made more then 70,000 dead.i hope US don't intend to have another war in this region otherwise we will once again be there to serve them

Absolutely not kah ka itna shor dala then again as usual u turn ...

finding a way to tie up the loose ends of the 2001-2021 war will decrease the chances there will be another war. Right now, getting malcontents out, one way or another, is a key part in maximizing the stability of the post conflict Afghan state. The analogy would be Iranians fleeing Iran after the 1979 revolution. If a sizeable amount of malcontents stayed, they couldn’t have cause a civil war, so when they left it was a fait accompli as to who was in charge.

Secondly, while this is going on, it gives the Talibs time to consolidate their control over their country, which is the need of the hour for them. ungoverned spaces or areas of disputed control, allows groups like Isis to hide out and generally undermine reconstruction efforts, which Pakistan needs to have begin ASAP if refugees are to go back.

In short, for Pakistan, we need to take one step back to go two steps forward

The same is true of a lot of other countries who are in far more debt than Pakistan is. Yet they don't behave like this.

They have spine and Pakistanis like to bend over to everyone from afghan to hindus to sikhs to goras. We are good at sacking footballs of other people as a nation n that also reflects in our goverment. After all they are from us so why expect different. We like to appease so we survive as a nation n people accept us. No pride. No dignity. No self-respect.

Realistically, they have too much leverage on us for us not to fall in line if enough pressure is applied, and of course the free lunches thing goes both ways, I assume incentives on offer are very good too.

International Geopolitics 101, as usual.

As long as our role is clear, we will be helping out Uncle Sam during major embarrassment.

On "giving you evidence", there are many forums on here where senior members who know "inside details" will openly state the interest in -16 block 70 / V / further MLU / extension. I suggest you study this forum and ask senior members you can trust beyond my words.
Begging your pardon, but last I checked - PDF is not a branch of the Pakistan Air Force. I personally love the F-16's as we've have a remarkable track record with them, but I think i'll take the word of an Air Chief Marshal than that of a 'Senior Member'.

Q. Has Lockheed Martin or someone in The Pentagon/DoD stated that Pakistan has an interest in the F-16's?

Conspiracy theories are like watched kettle that never boils.

Begging your pardon, but last I checked - PDF is not a branch of the Pakistan Air Force. I personally love the F-16's as we've have a remarkable track record with them, but I think i'll take the word of an Air Chief Marshal than that of a 'Senior Member'.

Q. Has Lockheed Martin or someone in The Pentagon/DoD stated that Pakistan has an interest in the F-16's?

Conspiracy theories are like watched kettle that never boils.

I am not sure how old are you as your post is rather childish. Read through threads on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom