What's new

Pakistan to induct S400 and Pantsir-S1 SAM and Igla-S ManPAD Systems for Air Defence

S-400 is fake news.
In recent interview with sputnik news, head of Russia's defence export agency, Rosboronexport mentioned names of countries in talk for S-400 and Pakistan was not among them:

https://sputniknews.com/russia/201708291056891559-russia-missiles-sales/
Yes I know about their denials. We are going to induct them and also many other weapons from Russia

Again fake news. Not happening. Someone at the exhibition trolled PDF. Simple! :D
Not fake news I knew about PANTSIR for some time now IGLA S was little surprising and S-400 news is already doing rounds and DEPO also confirmed it

Sharing my thoughts in a "what if" context :)

In case you missed,

The truth which cannot be denied here is that this coming from an army exhibition cannot should not and WILL NOT be discarded as those Su35 rumors or even the S400 rumors from the past. This have much more significance and all we can do is look forward to the developments in this matter. :)
Sir I was telling about PANTSIR for some time but I really hope we go for PANTSIR S2 not S1. As for IGLA S that too we should try for new version of Russian Manpad called VERBA

@Zarvan bhai, as I said - fake news. Trust you me.

Yes I know about their denials. We are going to induct them and also many other weapons from Russia

Not fake news I knew about PANTSIR for some time now IGLA S was little surprising and S-400 news is already doing rounds and DEPO also confirmed it

The truth which cannot be denied here is that this coming from an army exhibition cannot should not and WILL NOT be discarded as those Su35 rumors or even the S400 rumors from the past. This have much more significance and all we can do is look forward to the developments in this matter. :)
Previously deputy director of Pakistan military's DEPO claimed Pakistan was negotiating for Su-35 & Su-37 but that soon got proven to be fake news.

So I am sure this poster is highly inaccurate too.

i think we need to team up with some one and do a joint ventures on crucial expensive massive produced systems like jetfighters, tanks, basic utiliy helicopter, SAMs, and tanks

apart from jet fighters and to some degree tanks we have failed in other sectors despite having ample opportunities with Ukraine, turkey and china..doesn't seem to be in priority list of armed forces to develop indigenous arm industry

Previously deputy director of Pakistan military's DEPO claimed Pakistan was negotiating for Su-35 & Su-37 but that soon got proven to be fake news.

So I am sure this poster is highly inaccurate too.
Negotiating is not same as INDUCTING! PAF had shown interest in quite a few aircraft and carefully looking into the prospects of acquiring them. People easily are mislead and mix the two things.

Sir I was telling about PANTSIR for some time but I really hope we go for PANTSIR S2 not S1. As for IGLA S that too we should try for new version of Russian Manpad called VERBA
Pantsir was on forums since over two years now. I remember you started mentioning it around the same time as well. Its been ages of sorts now. However as i was saying, while all that was just facebook crap happening over the years at different places, THIS coming from an army exhibition SHOULD have a bit more significance. Lets see what happens. S400 is, as i said, TOUGH since there are many things to negotiate on way to procurement of S400.

Pantsyr S2 and S-350E should be considered only, as these can easily get green signal from Russia.

21371036_1795415767154489_9135553143487065564_n.jpg

21370936_1795416050487794_5251073116737259336_n.jpg

This was displayed at Peshawar Army exhibition by Army

Finally the army is understanding the importance of a decent air defence system. Hope Navy also understands one day.

Because we will pay them. But since your media has led you to believe that Pakistan can't even afford a roti, you'll keep questioning.
Russia is selling S400 to India. They won't sell it to Pakistan.

S-400 costs around $400 million per unit, pakistan would need 2 units. Round it of to a billion dollars. Can pakistan afford that money now.

Who remembers when the Indian government tried to pass JF-17 as LCA? The same might be happening here. Some clueless person in charge of posters might have google air defense systems and pasted the first image they saw. If Pakistan was acquiring these systems, a random poster on a street corner is the last place they will announce this acquisition

Russia is selling S400 to India. They won't sell it to Pakistan.
we should not have any problem if russia sells them. pakistan is getting into an arms race and we should simply welcome them.

Pantsyr S2 and S-350E should be considered only, as these can easily get green signal from Russia.
Russia is ready to sell everything you pay them the amount get the weapon that is their policy. Simple as that.

S-400 costs around $400 million per unit, pakistan would need 2 units. Round it of to a billion dollars. Can pakistan afford that money now.
We are buying 8 Submarines for 5 Billion Dollars so yes we can afford these beasts also

The infrastructure development budget of Punjab alone this year is $7 billion. Stop with these random fantasies
These are not fantasies we are already buying SUBS for 5 Billion dollars so yes we can pay for these also

Back
Top Bottom