What's new

Pakistan to induct S400 and Pantsir-S1 SAM and Igla-S ManPAD Systems for Air Defence

Where were the photos in OP taken?
Army exhibition which took place in Peshawar on 6th September

India also revealed "JF-17" in one of their exhibitions does that mean they are inducting it,

@Zarvan lets be honest with ourselves do you really believe a poster, to be 100% sure because there have been many posters like this before.
If there would have been one poster I could have believed it was a mistake but there were three posters all telling about a different Air Defence system. Also I know for sure that PANTSIR S arrived in Pakistan a year and half ago for testing. So news is true

After induction of SU 35 ... Another milestone in Russia PAK friendship.
we already got four helicopter from russia and now we taking about S 400 ADS with russia & very soon we'll INK the deal. jealous Neighbor
jaloo ,jaloo or jaloo takey pehly say b zyada kaly ho jawoo.

And why will Russia give S400 to Pakistan? :P
just for hunting indian crow.

there were three posters all telling about a different Air Defence system
maybe they were just showed as the latest technology available in the market, Pakistan may or may not be a potential buyer.

maybe they were just showed as the latest technology available in the market, Pakistan may or may not be a potential buyer.
The poster clearly mentions these as future induction for Pakistan Army Air Defence

could be a printing mistake, or maybe something is coming ... but my best bet would Pantsir S1/S2 at most .. there is no way Russians will sell S-400 to Pakistan for now, if they did .. than i would call it a big step towards a close more strategic relations between Russia and Pakistan ..

@TheOccupiedKashmir the requirement for LR-SAM was put in cold storage for sometime wasn't it ? when we inducted the HQ-16 most likely 8-9 Batteries is already in service, i think PA will be looking to cover more Air Space with a MR-Sam , but if the requirement for LR-SAM is given a new life, and Russians some how get into the fold to put their product than i cant help but to even consider that maybe S-400 is been offered to PA on a very slight note .

MR-SAM's like LY-80 are used for defending major military installations along with Swiss AA guns and MANPADS.

Funding was always the issue hindering FD-2000 purchase.

Syria has Russian air defense systems. Try asking them why they get bombarded with advanced Russian ad systems in place.?
Maybr its the technology or its Russian messing syrians....

MR-SAM's like LY-80 are used for defending major military installations along with Swiss AA guns and MANPADS.

Funding was always the issue hindering FD-2000 purchase.

Most likely strategic installations, I can't help but wonder that if Pakistan is once again looking for a LR-Sam than why not go for HQ-9 which is easily available even in soft loans ,I think with our past relations with Italy it won't be hard to acquire aster 30 with some sort of long term planning .
Its hard to guess what Pakistan is thinking or maybe its the Russians who offer this system to us as our marriage to usa gets a bitter end.

@Horus @Oscar guys you have any info???

Last edited:
Most likely strategic installations, I can't help but wonder that if Pakistan is once again looking for a LR-Sam than why not go for HQ-9 which is easily available even in soft loans ,I think with our past relations with Italy it won't be hard to acquire aster 30 with some sort of long term planning .
Its hard to guess what Pakistan is thinking or maybe its the Russians who offer this system to us as our marriage to usa gets a bitter end.
The S-400 offers longer range hi-level coverage - i.e. 250 km and 400 km, whereas the HQ-9, Aster 30 or S-350 are 100-120 km range SAMs. They'd complement one another.

The S-400 offers longer range hi-level coverage - i.e. 250 km and 400 km, whereas the HQ-9, Aster 30 or S-350 are 100-120 km range SAMs. They'd complement one another.

Yeah but going from 40km to 150-200km is a reasonable way forward too, HQ is far easy to fetch ,than why give a billion poor Indian constipation over nothing , when there is nothing just fog ??? Can't say its a mistake or bad printing , cause it's army not PML(N) promotion poster . its somewhat clear on second poster that it's S-400

The fact is that Pantsir and S 400 work together

Pantsir protects the S 400 system from Short range threats

https://defencyclopedia.com/2015/07/24/pantsyr-s1-russias-deadly-short-range-air-defense-system/

At present, Russia deploys a battery of Pantsyr S1 with every battery of S400 SAM systems to protect them from drone, anti-radiation missile (ARM) and precision guided munition (PGM) attacks.

They are said to be capable of intercepting the latest western missiles and munitions like Taurus, Storm Shadow, JSOW and AGM-88 HARM. Each of these batteries can be networked to provide dense AD coverage against any hostile aircraft or missiles. The Pantsyr S1 can be deployed as a single autonomous unit as well, to provide point defense for assets like bridges and command centers. The tracked variants will be used to supplement Tungushkas in their armoured column protection duty.

What if Pakistan gets the HQ-9. Could that work with the Pantsir?

Pantsyr is also a High Tech strategic system

So if Pantsyr is sold to Pakistan
India 's S 400 will be compromised
Air Defense systems are defensive weapons but yes for India we inducting S-400 was not be that bigger threat than PANTSIR S1 or S2 because PANTSIR S2 would most likely accompany our Strike Corps inside India in case of war

Air Defense systems are defensive weapons but yes for India we inducting S-400 was not be that bigger threat than PANTSIR S1 or S2 because PANTSIR S2 would most likely accompany our Strike Corps inside India in case of war

You are Getting NEITHER

as far as your Strike Corps are concerned ; They will Be decimated inside Pakistani territory

Back
Top Bottom