What's new

Pakistan - The future ?

Pakistan - The future?

• Total voters
Logically it should be South Asia, but given the hegemonic presence of India in the region, that is an option not viable for Pakistan. The Middle East is the craziest part of this world, and Pakistan is best left ignoring it to the greatest extent possible. Which only leaves us with C. Asia as a viable option. However even here there exist immense differences, as the former stan's of C. Asia due to decades of Soviet rule are extremely different form us culturally and linguistically. Still if theres one direction we should work towards, its the C. Asian route, and the ECO and SCO are steps in that direction (Economic Cooperation Organization & Shanghai Cooperation Organisation )

To call the Arab world a "block" is a major stretch. They are a bunch of kingdoms run by nomads who have struck it rich because they have oil. If they don't have oil, they are pi$$ poor like Mauritania Last I checked, slavery was still legal there. Or look at Yemen or Libya. Additionally, they are often at each others' throats. Joining such a block would be like committing harakiri.

Your future lies with South Asia / India. It is a no-brainer. Yes, you are a separate nation state. But you have a cultural affinity with South Asia which you don't with the other regions. Your students can come here for higher education. You can speak Hindi/Urdu. The economy of South Asia relies on ingenuity and enterprise - not oil. If you see Pakistani students abroad - they hang out with other South Asians - not with Arabs or Central Asians. There is a natural pull because of the shared civilizational heritage. Countries like Sweden and Denmark went to war a few hundred years ago - now you can just cross the bridge. Economic integration is more likely to happen between states which have cultural commonalities. If you try to create an artificial state like the EU - we can all see the Brexit fiasco currently on in the UK.

Any link that Pakistan had with india died permanently on August 14th 1947. There is no going back. Nothing can ever reverse that. Pakistan's regional block lies with the Middle East/Iran/China block and to a lesser extent Central Asia. Problem is that the Central Asian states are reluctantly to form any strong regional groups with eachother at the moment.

Can we just lay with Pakistan and make it our real(like deen bhy tou dunya bhy tou) home instead of allying with any other region or country??

NOTE: words in braces are said for blasphamy..

Can we just lay with Pakistan and make it our real(like deen bhy tou dunya bhy tou) home instead of allying with any other region or country??

NOTE: words in braces are said for blasphamy..
but for that we have destroy(change is weak word) our public concept that if you are suni then you should be loyal to arab and if shia then that loyalty should be directed toward iran. god dammit we are not Arabs neither are we persians. every shia and suni is and should be pakistani first and human second.there should be no place for any thing else.these arabs treat us like second class citizens and these Iranians are more cozy india and are opportunist backstabbers.so all we need to do is keep our distance from both of them while having only trade related relations with them.

I want it to be SAARC but our people are too full of hate for each other so not seeing that happen.
Besides that I wish to see bloc 3 minus Saudi. That would be great.

Any link that Pakistan had with india died permanently on August 14th 1947. There is no going back. Nothing can ever reverse that. Pakistan's regional block lies with the Middle East/Iran/China block and to a lesser extent Central Asia. Problem is that the Central Asian states are reluctantly to form any strong regional groups with eachother at the moment.

I can see that. I am talking more long term. I have a feeling a couple hundred years down the line - the issues will be resolved and the citizens of SAARC will travel across borders with ease for education, trade, commerce, healthcare and tourism and they will wonder what sort of idiots lived in the region back then and wonder what the fuss was all about.

I can see that. I am talking more long term. I have a feeling a couple hundred years down the line - the issues will be resolved and the citizens of SAARC will travel across borders with ease for education, trade, commerce, healthcare and tourism and they will wonder what sort of idiots lived in the region back then and wonder what the fuss was all about.
Whether SAARC or whatever block Pakistan remains or joins, the block which is present today will do its best to make sure that no other block emerges on the map.

Whether SAARC or whatever block Pakistan remains or joins, the block which is present today will do its best to make sure that no other block emerges on the map.
It is smarter to makes borders irrelevant. Of course be proud of your nation and that is a part of your identity. But free movement of goods and human capital gives economies a major thrust - when people start making more money and the quality of their lives is elevated - they are less likely to be taken for a ride by hyper nationalist politicians.

It is smarter to makes borders irrelevant. Of course be proud of your nation and that is a part of your identity. But free movement of goods and human capital gives economies a major thrust - when people start making more money and the quality of their lives is elevated - they are less likely to be taken for a ride by hyper nationalist politicians.
Right.

I think Iraq is closer to Iran... some other errors on the map too. Indian influence is there in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh but those countries-both of them resent it deeply as does Nepal. If these were included in the Indian sphere of influence then Afghanistan should be included with Pakistan though Afghans have the same irate hatred of Pakistan the Sri Lankans or Nepalis have of India.

Contemporary Iranians hold nothing in common with central Asia. Yes Persians once ruled central Asia but now they are on a divergent paths primarily because of religion. If any thing modern Pakistan has been ruled by Tajiks, Afghans and Uzbeks. There is also religious affinity and once Tashkent and Samarkand were considered cultural and spiritual capitals of the region. It has been Soviet Union and Pakistan's orientation towards India that has created a division which if Pakistan takes leadership can be healed and a healthy relationship could be achieved.

Pakistan future lies with resources rich central asia, let indians trade tomatoes and carrots with bangladesh and nepal through that BBIN whatever that is
And ofcourse the Jack of all trades , like an indian would say Supa pawa china
India is looking east ours trade in BIMSTEC Stand 77 billion$ this year & stated to rise to 100 by 2020 forget about other ASEAN & EAST asian countries,future power center lies in East so does our future but we will trade with CA through Iran if Pakistan won't allow us & we already our ,the biggest catch in all this CA route is Russia & Eastern Europe & we have already moven in that direction with North South transport corridor look at the map carefully ,it's the shortest route to Europe even shorter than Pakistan ,trial run on this has already been carried out in 2014 with highly positive result

North_South_Transport_Corridor_%28NSTC%29.jpg

North–South Transport Corridor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom