What's new

Pakistan takes major action against Jamaat-ud-Dawaa camp

Sad but true.

Unfortunately, it is also equally likely that Pakistan will simply play cat-and-mouse to please the US, and these guys will most probably resume their activities under a different name.

Lets see if Pakistan takes some concrete action apart from raiding a camp or two.

At this point we are probably looking primarily at the arrest of the individuals India is fingering in the Mumbai blasts, and their associates. I wouldn't be too hopeful of an across the board crackdown because the Government is too preoccupied with FATA.

I think you already know the answer to that question garibnawaz.

I want to hear it from the Pakistani members and also awaiting Pakistan Media's reaction on this.

you should have seen Arnab Goswami and Maroof Raza from Times Now ripping Zaid Hamid and Hamid Mir the other day. :pop:

I want to hear it from the Pakistani members and also awaiting Pakistan Media's reaction on this.

you should have seen Arnab Goswami and Maroof Raza from Times Now ripping Zaid Hamid and Hamid Mir the other day. :pop:

Raise it in the Zaid Hamid thread as I said.

^^^its a move in the right direction. a few militants cannot hold hostage 1.4 billion people of the sub-continent.

^^^its a move in the right direction. a few militants cannot hold hostage 1.4 billion people of the sub-continent.

It will be a right move if done keeping the interest of Pakistan first and not under some kind of pressure and that too from India.

It will be a right move if done keeping the interest of Pakistan first and not under some kind of pressure and that too from India.

IC:

You are falling for the media hype or 'Pakistan acting under pressure'.

Pakistan indicated from the outset that it would cooperate in the investigation, and asked India to share evidence. The Indians refused, but apparently the Yanks didn't.

I fail to see how you can argue that Pakistan is acting under pressure when we had committed ourselves to bringing the perpetrators to justice from day one, as long as evidence was given.

And if these accounts are verified, then that is exactly what has happened.

If it was Indian pressure we were acting under, we would have had to conjure up Dawood, Tiger and arrested Massood Azhar, since those individuals were on the list India gave Pakistan (there was no list of 20).

Incontrovertible proof of Pak hand in Mumbai attacks: India-News-The Times of India

hope this video clarifies indian view point

1. Pranab Mukherjee earlier made comments very next day of attacks Pakistan refuted.

India had no option but to share evidence with US who had their own channels of finding about involvement of terror elements from Pakistan. India could not have made Pakistan government to crackdown on Militants.
US had to be involved and now you are seeing the action.

I again want to remind RR that truth will prevail. Same thing was observed during attack on Indian embassy in Kabul.

IC:

You are falling for the media hype or 'Pakistan acting under pressure'.

Not really, just see the timing of this.

I fail to see how you can argue that Pakistan is acting under pressure when we had committed ourselves to bringing the perpetrators to justice from day one, as long as evidence was given.

There is something called standing up to the occasion. The currently GOP lacks that. Not once have they stood up to all this nonsense going on from day one against pakistan. US Congress even raised the nuclear issue again when the fact remains that how secure are the Indian nuclear assets when something like this can happen in Mumbai, why not on the two nuclear powerplants near it Mumbai.

I again want to remind RR that truth will prevail. Same thing was observed during attack on Indian embassy in Kabul.

Ohh please You and your truth. Just because GOP lacks what is required currently, doesnt mean that What india says becomes the holy divine truth followed on by the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time that the everage Pakistani citizen confidently raises his voice against marauding militant outfits. Pressure from India/US or no pressure, its for the average citizen to decide whether their nation would be better off with these scums or without these.

The rational mind says and sees how an ancient society has been stripped of its civil fabric and doctored with a foreign militant philosophy. As AM and others have been saying, it is in the larger interest of the nation and society that the civil administration acts in cohesion with the military to ensure that these radicals are stripped of the very support that they require from the masses to even survive. Your citizen don't require kalashinikov weilding illiterate radicals either to protect Pakistan or to liberate Kashmir. For that you have a professional army, trained in the anglo-saxon school of war, trust it.

Your professional soldiers won't brutalise your ciivilians and indoctrinate your offsprings to blow themselves up while seeking 72 virgins, the militants will.

Time that the everage Pakistani citizen confidently raises his voice against marauding militant outfits. Pressure from India/US or no pressure, its for the average citizen to decide whether their nation would be better off with these scums or without these.

The rational mind says and sees how an ancient society has been stripped of its civil fabric and doctored with a foreign militant philosophy. As AM and others have been saying, it is in the larger interest of the nation and society that the civil administration acts in cohesion with the military to ensure that these radicals are stripped of the very support that they require from the masses to even survive. Your citizen don't require kalashinikov weilding illiterate radicals either to protect Pakistan or to liberate Kashmir. For that you have a professional army, trained in the anglo-saxon school of war, trust it.

Your professional soldiers won't brutalise your ciivilians and indoctrinate your offsprings to blow themselves up while seeking 72 virgins, the militants will.

Are we done with the lecturing session.:disagree:

Incontrovertible proof of Pak hand in Mumbai attacks: India-News-The Times of India

hope this video clarifies indian view point

1. Pranab Mukherjee earlier made comments very next day of attacks Pakistan refuted.

India had no option but to share evidence with US who had their own channels of finding about involvement of terror elements from Pakistan. India could not have made Pakistan government to crackdown on Militants.
US had to be involved and now you are seeing the action.

Pakistan was correct to refute Mukherjee's allegation 'the very next day'. There was no reason for Pakistan to accept anything unless India shared evidence which it refused to do so, and that should be the case going forward as well.

When the US did share intelligence, we investigated, and ostensibly arrested some of the perpetrators.

Secondly, your point about 'India could not have made Pakistan crack down on the militants', is completely speculative. Pakistan had given India the same assurances it gave the US - action when presented with evidence. Had India shared evidence of the sort Ambassador Haqqani referred to in the interview I posted, Pakistan would likely have taken the same action it took here, though having the US validate the information as a third party no doubt helped as well.

Pakistan was correct to refute Mukherjee's allegation 'the very next day'. There was no reason for Pakistan to accept anything unless India shared evidence which it refused to do so, and that should be the case going forward as well.

When the US did share intelligence, we investigated, and ostensibly arrested some of the perpetrators.

Secondly, your point about 'India could not have made Pakistan crack down on the militants', is completely speculative. Pakistan had given India the same assurances it gave the US - action when presented with evidence. Had India shared evidence of the sort Ambassador Haqqani referred to in the interview I posted, Pakistan would likely have taken the same action it took here, though having the US validate the information as a third party no doubt helped as well.

Likewise Pakistan was not aware of anything. Come on dude are you saying ISI had no clue about this?

Ohh please You and your truth. Just because GOP lacks what is required currently, doesnt mean that What india says becomes the holy divine truth followed on by the US.
True! Whatever India/US says in whatever context doesn't becomes the gospel. On a brighter note, don't you trust the professionalism of your anti-terror experts and their abilities to distinguish hard facts from doctored one's? Or are your simply implying that along with the GoP, even the PA has bartered its spine against foreign monetary loans? Don't live in a state of denial, the PA must have received something credible from the Yanks to mount this operation, for unlike you, they know their job quite well.

Nope India realizes present GoP will be unable to take action see the earlier video clip.
Rice made visit to calm down tempers in Delhi and convey message to Islamabad.

Back
Top Bottom