What's new

Pakistan takes major action against Jamaat-ud-Dawaa camp

Are we done with the lecturing session.:disagree:
No.
Just PM me your academical credentials along with your age/sex and preferred dialect so that I can try to communicate with the same level of understanding and mirth.

Disclaimer: I don't take the responsibility to indoctrinate your mind with democratic virtues of the rational world, I might end up however.

Time that the everage Pakistani citizen confidently raises his voice against marauding militant outfits. Pressure from India/US or no pressure, its for the average citizen to decide whether their nation would be better off with these scums or without these.

The rational mind says and sees how an ancient society has been stripped of its civil fabric and doctored with a foreign militant philosophy. As AM and others have been saying, it is in the larger interest of the nation and society that the civil administration acts in cohesion with the military to ensure that these radicals are stripped of the very support that they require from the masses to even survive. Your citizen don't require kalashinikov weilding illiterate radicals either to protect Pakistan or to liberate Kashmir. For that you have a professional army, trained in the anglo-saxon school of war, trust it.

Your professional soldiers won't brutalise your ciivilians and indoctrinate your offsprings to blow themselves up while seeking 72 virgins, the militants will.

Delta,

While I agree with the gist of what you have said, I sense the implication that the 'average Pakistani citizen' (whatever that is) does not oppose the mindless barbarism of these militant groups.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Certainly there are those, as in any society, who delight in the misery of others, but to ascribe such views to all or most is erroneous, and I assume you are not going to be as shallow as Thomas Friedman to demand a literal 'protest' as evidence of 'opposition to fanaticism'.

The question here isn't one of the 'average Pakistani' renouncing fanaticism, it is about the State reversing past policies and enforcing its writ in its territory, strengthening its institutions and recapturing the faith of the citizens of Pakistan. Even in the most conservative and least developed parts of Pakistan, the North West, we have villages, towns and tribes rising up against the Taliban, as the military finally attempts to restore the governments writ.

However, to get to your larger point, I agree that the people who refuse to believe the atrocities ascribed to these militants, or justify them in various ways, need to realize that atrocities or not, the time for proxy wars is over, and as Asim and you stated, the only armed force on Pakistani soil should be the Military and law enforcement of Pakistan.

Ohh please You and your truth. Just because GOP lacks what is required currently, doesnt mean that What india says becomes the holy divine truth followed on by the US.

Truth is that @200 people were killed mercilessly by terrorist who came from Pakistan.

Nope India realizes present GoP will be unable to take action see the earlier video clip.
Rice made visit to calm down tempers in Delhi and convey message to Islamabad.

GP,

Are you seriously recommending I take a ToI video clip quoting the same old 'sources' as proof of anything?

I listened to the entire thing, and it is nothing more than a continuation of the same old spurious allegations. The Indian media continues to mix and mangle statements referring to references to 'Pakistan based groups' with 'support from the Pakistani establishment'.

Islamabad had already been given evidence by the US and was investigating, so your Rice comment does not fly. It was primarily a visit to ensure neither side flew of the handle.

And my previous comments, on Pakistan acting had India been the one to share evidence instead of the US, stand, since you haven't been able to show otherwise.

very stupid move from the pakistani government
why is pakistan performing actions to please the enemy?
they might be called terrorists by india and rest of the world but they showed mumbai what IHK goes through every day so in kashmiri eyes they are freedom fighters

GP,

Are you seriously recommending I take a ToI video clip quoting the same old 'sources' as proof of anything?

I listened to the entire thing, and it is nothing more than a continuation of the same old spurious allegations. The Indian media continues to mix and mangle statements referring to references to 'Pakistan based groups' with 'support from the Pakistani establishment'.

Islamabad had already been given evidence by the US and was investigating, so your Rice comment does not fly. It was primarily a visit to ensure neither side flew of the handle.

Video clip summarizes India's position, As long as actions happen on ground India would not mind involving US also means involving more than half of the world.
Rice actually came to cool the tempers but she did convey message from Delhi.

Delta,

While I agree with the gist of what you have said, I sense the implication that the 'average Pakistani citizen' (whatever that is) does not oppose the mindless barbarism of these militant groups.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Certainly there are those, as in any society, who delight in the misery of others, but to ascribe such views to all or most is erroneous, and I assume you are not going to be as shallow as Thomas Friedman to demand a literal 'protest' as evidence of 'opposition to fanaticism'.

The question here isn't one of the 'average Pakistani' renouncing fanaticism, it is about the State reversing past policies and enforcing its writ in its territory, strengthening its institutions and recapturing the faith of the citizens of Pakistan. Even in the most conservative and least developed parts of Pakistan, the North West, we have villages, towns and tribes rising up against the Taliban, as the military finally attempts to restore the governments writ.

However, to get to your larger point, I agree that the people who refuse to believe the atrocities ascribed to these militants, or justify them in various ways, need to realize that atrocities or not, the time for proxy wars is over, and as Asim and you stated, the only armed force on Pakistani soil should be the Military and law enforcement of Pakistan.
AM,
You read a triffle too much in the assertion of the word "average".
I didn't mean that the average Pakistani citizen solicits to the carnage that these scumbags do. I meant, just as today, India's teeming millions, who have for all these years sheepishly kept quite at numerous govt. and police/intelligence failures, are raising their voice and questioning their accountibility, its time that the average Pakistani citizen offers voice to their latent anger and intolerance against these marauding militants. That's the only thing that will discourage others from alligning to the radicals and their causes, whatsoever they are. You see, there are still some of us who find these kind of out of the box assertions as "lectures".

Video clip summarizes India's position, As long as actions happen on ground India would not mind involving US also means involving more than half of the world.
Rice actually came to cool the tempers but she did convey message from Delhi.
'India's position', which you are basing entirely on a patchwork of quotes form 'sources' in a ToI video clip, does not equal the reality on the ground.

I'd stick with the more sensible approach of basing 'India's position' on what her government officially articulates.

Anyway, as I said above, there is no evidence, IMO, to question Pakistani cooperation had India been the one sharing evidence instead of the US. We offered India the same assurances and commitment to cooperate when given evidence that we did the US - our position did not change on that issue.

Hopefully that will continue.

After 9/11 USA threatened Pakistan and Pakistani Govt officials arrested many people in "BULK" and gave them to the Americans, Including innocent people like Afia Saddique .

Now after Mumbai Blasts Pakistan came under Pressure again and Pakistani Govt Officials are doing the same thing again, Just to get the Support for their Govt so that they can stay in power for longer period and Get paid in Dollars. India wont support them and will not even appreciate them for arresting these people on the contrary India will Demand for More just Like USA.

Step in the right direction. I hope it continues. And lets not kid ourselves here-Pakistan has HAD to act because it cannot be seen not acting by the rest of the world.

True! Whatever India/US says in whatever context doesn't becomes the gospel. On a brighter note, don't you trust the professionalism of your anti-terror experts and their abilities to distinguish hard facts from doctored one's? Or are your simply implying that along with the GoP, even the PA has bartered its spine against foreign monetary loans? Don't live in a state of denial, the PA must have received something credible from the Yanks to mount this operation, for unlike you, they know their job quite well.

For the highlighted part, army as an institution comes under GOP and hence acts accordingly. Are you implying that it happens someother way round in your country?

The problem still remains that Pakistan's intelligence agencies had a hand in planning this attack. (According to Indian investigators, and some US media reports)

The only logical solution is to either drastically change the mindset of the ISI or to destroy it.

No.
Just PM me your academical credentials along with your age/sex and preferred dialect so that I can try to communicate with the same level of understanding and mirth.

Disclaimer: I don't take the responsibility to indoctrinate your mind with democratic virtues of the rational world, I might end up however.

Do you even know what academic credentials are? As for your previous lecturing post, since you didnt get the meaning in the first attempt let me put it again for you, "get off from the moral high horse of yours and stop lecturing others about what they should and should not do when your very own nation is in a dire need of one.

For the highlighted part, army as an institution comes under GOP and hence acts accordingly. Are you implying that it happens someother way round in your country?

Give it up already. Everyone and their uncle knows that the PA plays along as long as it suits them, and they take over when things aren't going as per their liking.

The civilian government can do zilch to stop the army taking over if they feel like doing so.

Give it up already. Everyone and their uncle knows that the PA plays along as long as it suits them, and they take over when things aren't going as per their liking.

The civilian government can do zilch to stop the army taking over if they feel like doing so.

Ohhh for (to whom ever you pray since they are too many and you cant pick one) sake did you even bothered to read the post it was replied too.

Back
Top Bottom