What's new

Pakistan Super League (PSL) Second Edition-News, Updates and Discussions

Which team will win this edition of PSL?

• Qalanders

• Kings

• Zalmi

• Galadiators

• United

Results are only viewable after voting.
Steven Finn to replace Andre Russell in Islamabad United squad
ABDUL GHAFFAR — PUBLISHED 13 minutes ago
WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
PRINT
England seamer Steven Finn will replace West Indies all-rounder Andre Russell in Pakistan Super League defending champions Islamabad United's squad for the upcoming tournament, the Islamabad United manager told DawnNews Wednesday.

Russell has been banned from cricket for a year by an independent anti-doping panel over a whereabouts clause violation and will by unavailable for the tournament. The ban is effective from Jan 31 and will last till Jan 30, 2018.

Islamabad United had initially decided to retain Russell — the most successful bowler in PSL last year with 16 scalps — while he awaited a verdict on the doping charge.

Read more: Pakistan Super League holds replacement draft after foreign players drop out

ADVERTISEMENT
However, the two-time Twenty20 World Cup winner was charged for having committed the violation 11 months ago after registering three filing failures in 2015. That constitutes a failed drugs test under World Anti-Doping Agency rules.

“Mr Russell was found guilty of a doping violation,” Hugh Faulkner, chairman of the independent anti-doping tribunal that handed out the punishment, said in a statement.

The second season of Pakistan Super League will begin Feb 9 with Islamabad United playing against Peshawar Zalmi in the first match in Dubai.

PSL 2017 is really a great event for Pakistani Nation as well as for country cricket. We wish best of luck for the second edition of PSL.

Karachi jeetey ga. who are you supporting @Syed1. ? High hopes from Babar Azam, he will need to remain consistent across all formats and should be one of the leading run-scorers in this edition. They should play him at number 3. I just hope he doesn't become another Umer Akmal or Ahmed Shehzad, he promises a lot.

Karachi jeetey ga. who are you supporting @Syed1. ? High hopes from Babar Azam, he will need to remain consistent across all formats and should be one of the leading run-scorers in this edition. They should play him at number 3. I just hope he doesn't become another Umer Akmal or Ahmed Shehzad, he promises a lot.

I am considering to change the side contrary to my heart, because, Bilawal says, Karachi Kings is his team.... and you know what.... :(

I am considering to change the side contrary to my heart, because, Bilawal says, Karachi Kings is his team.... and you know what.... :(
Dafa karo yaar, forget these politicians.
Folks have made Lahore vs Karachi, Jeo vs ARY, kya mazak hai yaar.

Dafa karo yaar, forget these politicians.
Folks have made Lahore vs Karachi, Jeo vs ARY, kya mazak hai yaar.

Exactly Yara..... However, Karachi jeetay gaa.. Current lineup shows that Our Boys are ready to rule the League.......

Even me being a karachiite also want Karachi to win this time but honestly speaking Qalandars look very strong on paper. They have players like Mccullum, Jason Roy, Umar Akmal. A very strong and aggressive batting line up. In Karachi Kings I am still don't have confidence in our bowling. Our opening also looks weak.

Even me being a karachiite also want Karachi to win this time but honestly speaking Qalandars look very strong on paper. They have players like Mccullum, Jason Roy, Umar Akmal. A very strong and aggressive batting line up. In Karachi Kings I am still don't have confidence in our bowling. Our opening also looks weak.
Actually all teams look good on paper, Zalmi is good so is Islamabad and Quetta. Should be a cracker of a tournament i reckon.

Actually all teams look good on paper, Zalmi is good so is Islamabad and Quetta. Should be a cracker of a tournament i reckon.

True. can't wait for the tournament to start. Enjoyed the tournament a lot last year.

#PSL2 Trophy :smitten::smitten::pakistan::yahoo::yahoo:

16508604_1397000393654314_6437524736444610758_n.jpg
16422720_10154352827459537_6990649472210920408_o.jpg
16427784_10154352827874537_5338105352885585305_n.jpg

Last edited:
C3-miQqWMAEeZ1X.jpg

Best Bowler trophy for PSL2, Named After Fazal Mahmoud (Late)

C3-lT4-VcAAh1aF.jpg

Best WK - Named After Imtiaz Ahmed (Late)

C3-o47fWMAA3RjA.jpg

Best Batter - Named after Haniz Mohammad (Late)

C3-n_FxWQAArpqH.jpg

C3-gc2qUoAAtFpn.jpg

IMHO ... Player's To look forward to in PSL..

Islamabad United >> Shane Watson and Sharjeel Khan

Lahore Qalandar>> Sohail Tanveer and Brendon McCullum

Karachi Kings >> All of their Team .. They have the best combination

Peshawar Zalmi >> Afridi , Sammi ,Morgan and kamran Akmal

Quetta Gladiators >> Ahmad Shehzad ,Luke wright and Parera

.. I'll be supporting Zalmi.. But pretty sure karachi ly jaye gi is dfa..

Who will win this PSL will actually depend on the pitches i.e whther they make slow/turning pitches or flat batting freindly surface.If its same slow pitches as last time where 140 score was actually good score then big blind hitter like those of gayle. Afridi and Brendon maclum would fail to make big score and then technical sound batsman and good spinners will be crucial for your team to win matches

Back
Top Bottom