What's new

Pakistan Successfully Testfires Cruise Missiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should concenterate to allow this criuse misile to go beyond 1000 km

you'll find all the good stuff you need over here on this website.

we should concenterate to allow this criuse misile to go beyond 1000 km

One step at a time my friend...it takes patience and dedication to get to where we want to be. The goal has always been to be in possession of a precision strike capability in the range of 1000-1500 km. God willing, Pakistan will get there.:tup:

pakistan will get there but i think we should also start working on a super sonic cruise missile :flag:

Do you think that the range of this missle could possibly be at 1000KM? :angel:

To achieve that range there should be substantial change in the structure of the missile. It would required more fuel to achieve that range,hence a bigger missile.

Else decrease in the warhead weight.But i doubt it can be made to achieve a 1000 km range with reduction in warhead weight.Also it doesnot make sense to have a 25kg(for example) warhead just to achieve 1k range.

You probably be able to make out any range increase with structural changes within the missile

pakistan will get there but i think we should also start working on a super sonic cruise missile :flag:

Errrrr lets not do something simply because India does it...........
Look into the pro's and Con's of the system before saying things like that.

Errrrr lets not do something simply because India does it...........
Look into the pro's and Con's of the system before saying things like that.

There goes my belief in your unbaised analysis

Con pinted out a valid point in his earlier post. Can anybody reply to that pls.

Here's another article about the test:

"Pakistan tests nuclear-capable cruise missile Thu Mar 22, 3:50 AM ET

Pakistan successfully tested on Thursday a nuclear-capable cruise missile with a range of 700 km (435 miles), the military said in a statement.

The Hatf V11 Babur missile is a terrain-hugging, radar avoiding cruise missile capable of carrying a variety of warheads including nuclear, it said.

"The flight data collected validated the design parameters set for the flight test," the military said. "It is a highly maneuverable missile with pin-point accuracy."

The missile was first tested in 2005. Since then, it's range has been enhanced to 700 km, from 500 km previously, the military said, although it did not say how.

President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz had congratulated scientists and engineers involved and assured them of complete support in development plans of all strategic projects, the military said.

Pakistan's old rival India has cruise missiles that can be launched from a submarine.

The neighbors, who have fought three wars since 1947, both tested nuclear devices in 1998. Their relations have improved since they launched a peace process in 2004."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070322/ts_nm/pakistan_missile_dc_1

To achieve that range there should be substantial change in the structure of the missile. It would required more fuel to achieve that range,hence a bigger missile.

Else decrease in the warhead weight.But i doubt it can be made to achieve a 1000 km range with reduction in warhead weight.Also it doesnot make sense to have a 25kg(for example) warhead just to achieve 1k range.

You probably be able to make out any range increase with structural changes within the missile

Not true. Babur is pretty much of the same dimensions as the US Tomahawk LACM. The max range on the Tomahawk is approx. 1500km. The issue is designing and using the available real estate efficiently enough. This will take time and refinement. There is a relationship between having more fuel to burn and the size of the missile, however CMs of the same size as the Babur have range greater than 1000km.

babur2007.jpg

Were you guys able to spot the new launcher of Babur in the parade? :D

Plus, i like the new colors. :)

You beat me to it, I just looked at it on PakDef, and was going to post it.

But none the less great job to our guyies. :tup:
The launcher is able to hold 4 Babur Missiles.

You beat me to it, I just looked at it on PakDef, and was going to post it.

But none the less great job to our guyies. :tup:
The launcher is able to hold 4 Babur Missiles.

Usman rocks. :banana2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom