What's new

Pakistan should acquire Altay Tanks from Turkiye?

Altay Tank is designed for Turkish Terrain.

Pretty much to fight tank Battles either against Greece, Russia, Iran or Syria.

All those regions are mountainous.

Pakistan's Tank Battles will occur with India on a heavily desert terrain in which light, fast tanks are required and also to prevent them from heating up.

Not sure if this Tank will be a good fit for Pakistan.

Look at all the trouble India has had with T-90 Tanks.

Pakistan's Tank Battles will occur with India on a heavily desert terrain in which light, fast tanks are required and also to prevent them from heating up.

I think we should buy heavy altay tanks but only on tot , we have to consider that our tanks can go to east mountainous regions too lIke afghanIstan and Iran, you never know when you need them !

Now that we have a well established industry to produce tanks, we should develop our own tanks. Besides tanks are now just a vehicle which is made lethal by various defensive and offensive systems installed on it whch can be done on the same AK.

Instead of going fora totally new plateform which requires a huge investment in infrastructure to support the new platform, it is always better and economical to upgrade the existing platform in stages.

Altay uses Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System (FCS). With A's FCS, Altay can easily hit targets WHILE MOVING.

The MOST IMPORTANT DEFICIENCY OF GERMAN LEOPARD TANKS IS THAT:
Leopard MBTs MUST STOP while targeting, otherwise Leopard tanks CANNOT HIT targets.
Leopard MBTs CANNOT HIT WHILE MOVING. MUST STOP! i.e. German Leopards are BRAINLESS!
This is true for Leopard 2A1, 2A2, 2A3, 2A4 models.

Turkey has Leopard NG NEXT GENERATION = (Leopard 2A4 + Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System + MANY indigenous systems)
Since German Leopards are brainless, the imported German Leopards are IMMEDIATELY taken to the tank fabrique in Adapazari, Turkey AS SOON AS THEY REACH TURKEY. There, Turkey put brain (Fire Control System) to Leopards!

I do not know further versions of Leopards (i.e. 2A5, 2A6, 2A7) have brains!

But I do not think that "2A5,2A6,2A7" has (if any) Fire Control System as developed as Turkey's Aselsan's FCS:
REASON: South America's Chile SEND their Leopards to Turkey from THOUSANDS of THOUSANDS KILOMETERS AWAY to be updated to Leopard NG, not to Germany!

If (Germany's) Leopard 2A7 had been more developed than (Turkey's) Leopard NG, then actually, Chile must have preferred to take them to Germany to be updated to 2A7!
100 Chile's Leopard update by Turkey's Aselsan: Aselsan
Contract year:2009, Number of tanks to be upgraded:100

Turkey's Leopard 1 .........==> Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System I
Turkey's Leopard 2 NG ==> Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System II
Turkey's ALTAY .....................==> Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System III.

ALTAY (TR) > Leopard 2 NG (TR) > Leopard 2 (GER) > Leopard 1 (GER).

I think, "HIT WHILE MOVING" technology of Turkey is much more developed than Germany's "HIT WHILE MOVING" technology.
PROOF: 1: Turkey's Leopard NG > Germany's Leopard 2A7
PROOF: 2: South America's Chile preferred Turkey for upgrading its Leopards instead of Germany!
PROOF: 3: ONLY 2 country were invited for Holland's Short Range MOBILE air defence system: Germany & Turkey (Atılgan and Zıpkın Mobile Stinger Systems of Turkey). Both Germany and Turkey showed performances of their vehicles and systems to Holland. HOLLAND SELECTED TURKEY, NOT GERMANY! Reason: Turkey's Aselsan "HIGH QUALITY(better accuracy and precision)+LOW PRICE+HIGH ADAPTIBILITY". Turkey's Aselsan installed the system over Holland Fennek APC!

taking nothing away from ALTAY, i dont think PA need these!

Al-Khalid design have been very promising and so is its future with AK-I improvements and further AK-II rumors!
They can also hit targets while on the move, have very advance NV and Thermal Imaging devices. The protection system have also been acquired for AK-I and further improvements will come with AK-II.
At best, if we do have ANY problem with fire control system (there are non i know of and the FCS on AK-I is reported to be excellent and PA is completely satisfied), we can go for the Turkish Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System III for AK-II.

A mix of AK and ALTAY at is what PA need at max (if they do need any) as AK have done its job quite well!

With all the economic situation, the last thing we need is to import a system that we can produce very well at home and is internationally competitive!

regards!

Pakistan has AL-KHALID and badly needs AL-KHALID2 in mass no time to replace to T59 but altay is not the answer to it i think it has western tech but i think what we need to save time and money in order to do so we have to transfer the latest of the tank tech from china and turkey instead of altay tank cheaper to build at home and large no what ever time period required buy the pak army

Altay uses Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System (FCS). With A's FCS, Altay can easily hit targets WHILE MOVING.

The MOST IMPORTANT DEFICIENCY OF GERMAN LEOPARD TANKS IS THAT:
Leopard MBTs MUST STOP while targeting, otherwise Leopard tanks CANNOT HIT targets.
Leopard MBTs CANNOT HIT WHILE MOVING. MUST STOP! i.e. German Leopards are BRAINLESS!
This is true for Leopard 2A1, 2A2, 2A3, 2A4 models.

Turkey has Leopard NG NEXT GENERATION = (Leopard 2A4 + Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System + MANY indigenous systems)
Since German Leopards are brainless, the imported German Leopards are IMMEDIATELY taken to the tank fabrique in Adapazari, Turkey AS SOON AS THEY REACH TURKEY. There, Turkey put brain (Fire Control System) to Leopards!

I do not know further versions of Leopards (i.e. 2A5, 2A6, 2A7) have brains!

But I do not think that "2A5,2A6,2A7" has (if any) Fire Control System as developed as Turkey's Aselsan's FCS:
REASON: South America's Chile SEND their Leopards to Turkey from THOUSANDS of THOUSANDS KILOMETERS AWAY to be updated to Leopard NG, not to Germany!

If (Germany's) Leopard 2A7 had been more developed than (Turkey's) Leopard NG, then actually, Chile must have preferred to take them to Germany to be updated to 2A7!
100 Chile's Leopard update by Turkey's Aselsan: Aselsan
Contract year:2009, Number of tanks to be upgraded:100

Turkey's Leopard 1 .........==> Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System I
Turkey's Leopard 2 NG ==> Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System II
Turkey's ALTAY .....................==> Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System III.

ALTAY (TR) > Leopard 2 NG (TR) > Leopard 2 (GER) > Leopard 1 (GER).

I think, "HIT WHILE MOVING" technology of Turkey is much more developed than Germany's "HIT WHILE MOVING" technology.
PROOF: 1: Turkey's Leopard NG > Germany's Leopard 2A7
PROOF: 2: South America's Chile preferred Turkey for upgrading its Leopards instead of Germany!
PROOF: 3: ONLY 2 country were invited for Holland's Short Range MOBILE air defence system: Germany & Turkey (Atılgan and Zıpkın Mobile Stinger Systems of Turkey). Both Germany and Turkey showed performances of their vehicles and systems to Holland. HOLLAND SELECTED TURKEY, NOT GERMANY! Reason: Turkey's Aselsan "HIGH QUALITY(better accuracy and precision)+LOW PRICE+HIGH ADAPTIBILITY". Turkey's Aselsan installed the system over Holland Fennek APC!

Leopard2A4 have capability of hitting the targets while moving like other tanks because It is the vital engagement capability of a tank. The gold question is How serious first round hitting probability day/night while moving or stable. It makes the differences between FCS generations and sensors used.

Original Leo 1A1 and A1A4 Succesful rates !!!

Successful Firing Rates Standing: %62 (DAY), %30 (NIGHT)
Succesful Firing Rates Moving (20km/h): %40 (DAY), %20 (Night)

Target Detection Range Night: 1000m
----------------------------------------------------------------

Leo 1T Volkan-I Succesful rates !!!

Successful Firing Rates Standing (DAY-Night): More Than %95
Succesful Firing Rates Moving (20km/h): More Than %70

Target Detection range: 3500m (Aselsan KartalGozu)

Volkan-I on Leopard1A1

Chilian selection for Volkan-I instead of German equivalent doesn't prove that Turkish FCS > Germany or Altay FCS > Leopard 2A7. Marketing activities are related with not only technologic but also politic activities. System's cabability is about generation or thermals used, sensor's capability...etc because Almost all FCS's are doing similar jobs and Germans are one of the first country that have impressive experience and technological background when It is mentioned Tanks...

tara0017.jpg

tara0018.jpg

Having an advanced defence industry enables you develop a tank which fits for your requirements and terrain profile. Most of selections are about weight. Rest is almost similar...

Heavy Weight = Better protection = Low mobility
Light Weight = Less protection = satisfactory Mobility

I am talking about a vehicle which press the ground 65 tonnes under the pallets. If Terrain of your country isn't permit to move this tank on battlefiled, It isn't important How great protection level or How advanced FCS she provides.

m1_sinking_1.jpg

m1_sinking_2.jpg

m1_sinking_3.jpg

Turkish Tracked Armoured Vehicle Acquiring Plan in accordance with own requirements.

60-65 tonnes Altay
30-35 Tonnes FNSS Advanced IFV (Under development)
18-20 Tonnes Akinci/ACV Vehicles

Alright, the basic question here is that what does Altay offers us that Al-Khalid lacks, I don't have specific better capability coming in mind right now, can anyone explain on this? 'Cause as far as I know, we have all the goodies in AK, and there's noway PA is going to go for another Tank other than AK, 'cause that's the best for our terrain. There were some reasons why PA rejected Abrams, considered the one of the best in the world.

What Pakistan needs are Infantry Fighting Vehicles.

We really need them to combat Terrorists in the Tribal Areas.

We should get those from Turkey.

there is no need of any new tank at current time ak and ak1 are more than in off
in 5 to 8 years we will see ak2

Back
Top Bottom