8 type 054a frigate
4 f22p
4 Ada class
2 Destroyers
3 Agosta Submarines
8 Type 41 submarines
3 Nuclear submarines
These all can be fitted with babur cruise missile and long range air missles
60 J20 for naval air force (at the moment a wish but no other long range jet available)
18 ships + 16 Submarines with 60 long range fighters should be enough to counter any threat

2 DESTROYERS? WHICH ONE?

2 DESTROYERS? WHICH ONE?
May be Chinese ... Type 052c or type 052d

Well it's good to see Pakistan Navy has some attention
Well apart from this PN should also build it's capacity good to see Gwadar shipyrad work is on table and pray that it's finished on time .,.

Pakistan Navy can have a weapon and naval tech development agency for this sole purpose as PAF has AWC , or Expands MTC capability to design naval solutions ,, like we have AZMAT FAC ship design capability we can modernise it and covert it to multipurpose covertte ,, like Israeli Saar ship designs ,,,

PN can collaborate with Chinese and Turkish counterpart to develop ship combat management system although it would be nice if our organization can do it themselves ...CIWS, main naval gun , Short SAM system

Very likely HHQ-16 with 70 KM range.
View attachment 445638
HHQ-16 (Red Sea 16) is a naval version of the HQ-16.

HQ-16A is an improved version that uses improved missile with slightly better performance.

LY-80 is an export version of the HQ-16A. It incorporates cold vertical launch method. It was first presented and is being proposed since 2011. In 2013-2015 Pakistan ordered a number of LY-80 missile systems. It looks like deliveries commenced in 2017.

HQ-16B is a further improved version with extended range. Its missile has improved rocket motor and revised wings. Missiles range increased from 40 km to 70 km. This system was revealed in 2016.

Further HQ16 B range and speed both improved, it is optimized to tackle CMs and deployed Indo/Chinese border to tackle Brahmos threat. It is much important for PN to get HQ 16 b version with 70 KM range to counter any naval attack by CMS like Brahmos. So far PN has no such SAM to be capable to counter CMs effectively at considerable distances or enemy fighter jets. LY60 is old SAM and perhaps has limited capabilities meanwhile FM90 is a short range SAM, one may doubt it's effectiveness against CM's.

I hope the Type 054As are coming with the SLR-66 APAR and OTHR suite. It'd be ready to deploy the HHQ-9 and LR-AShM like CM-302.

I notice that the CSOC IDEAS 2016 model is missing the Type 366 radar, which happens to be based on the Russian Mineral-ME.

There is a will, there is a way.

Any update on DK-10 naval?

The deal has just been signed.
The on-board sensors, weapons will remain Chinese.
There will be 3 more 054A's coming after the first one.

4 X F-22Ps
4 X 054A
4 X Milgem II

8 X Subs
3 X 90Bs

What capabilities Miligem II would have??

Well All British frigates can be modenized with new Missiles / Computers / Wiring and Weapons system + Radar just need a Modernization.

There is life span of hull and those Type-21 are way old and used hulls with no more life in them.

I notice that the CSOC IDEAS 2016 model is missing the Type 366 radar, which happens to be based on the Russian Mineral-ME.

Any update on DK-10 naval?
Yup the CSIC 4,000-ton frigate doesn't come with the Mineral-ME-based radar, but a APAR + OTHR suite based on the SLR-66. Reported specs for SLR-66 APAR and OTHR is 280 km and 500 km, respectively. Rock solid.

Commenting on the sensors, the engineer added that "the above-water sensor suite will include a phased-array radar mounted in an integrated mast. The ship will also mount an over the horizon [OTH] radar comparable to the [active/passive] SLR66".

http://www.janes.com/article/69073/china-s-csoc-showcases-a-new-4-000-tonne-frigate

On the occasion, the CEIECs Director, Qu Huimin, explained that the SLR-66 OTH spy radar has an active mode operational capability to monitor up to 280 kilometers and passive mode with a monitoring capability of 500 kilometers.

https://en.antaranews.com/news/95780/indonesia-china-agree-to-review-maritime-radar-procurement
Overall, the SLR-66 APAR + OTHR seems like a solid combination. You basically get a 500 km range PESA for long-range surveillance of air and surface targets, which you can pair further with the ZDK03 and/or Erieye AEW&C. That complete picture can be fed to friendlies. The 280 km APAR is sufficient for guiding the export-grade CM-302 and China's HHQ-16 and HHQ-9. Of course, I'd personally try to get the Russian Redut with the 9M96E2 (120 km) and 9M96E (60 km) - the Redut missiles are smaller in diameter, likely yielding greater load carrying than the HQ-9.

Last edited:
Yup the CSIC 4,000-ton frigate doesn't come with the Mineral-ME-based radar, but a APAR + OTHR suite based on the SLR-66. Reported specs for SLR-66 APAR and OTHR is 280 km and 500 km, respectively. Rock solid.

Commenting on the sensors, the engineer added that "the above-water sensor suite will include a phased-array radar mounted in an integrated mast. The ship will also mount an over the horizon [OTH] radar comparable to the [active/passive] SLR66".

http://www.janes.com/article/69073/china-s-csoc-showcases-a-new-4-000-tonne-frigate

On the occasion, the CEIECs Director, Qu Huimin, explained that the SLR-66 OTH spy radar has an active mode operational capability to monitor up to 280 kilometers and passive mode with a monitoring capability of 500 kilometers.

https://en.antaranews.com/news/95780/indonesia-china-agree-to-review-maritime-radar-procurement
Overall, the SLR-66 APAR + OTHR seems like a solid combination. You basically get a 500 km range PESA for long-range surveillance of air and surface targets, which you can pair further with the ZDK03 and/or Erieye AEW&C. That complete picture can be fed to friendlies. The 280 km APAR is sufficient for guiding the export-grade CM-302 and China's HHQ-16 and HHQ-9. Of course, I'd personally try to get the Russian Redut with the 9M96E2 (120 km) and 9M96E (60 km) - the Redut missiles are smaller in diameter, likely yielding greater load carrying than the HQ-9.

I think you didn't get it. The dome shaped object seen on the Type 054A and CSOC 4000 ton frigate is the Type 366/export grade Type 366 which is a derivative of Mineral-ME OTH radar.

The official said comparable to SLR 66, not exactly SLR 66. Well, Mineral-ME is comparable to SLR 66.

I think you didn't get it. The dome shaped object seen on the Type 054A and CSOC 4000 ton frigate is the Type 366/export grade Type 366 which is a derivative of Mineral-ME OTH radar.

The official said comparable to SLR 66, not exactly SLR 66. Well, Mineral-ME is comparable to SLR 66.
I see what you mean. It's a peculiar omission but it happened again in Thailand as well. It could simply be an optional thing, not necessarily connected to Pakistan (since the same model was shown in Thailand).

upload_2017-12-31_6-49-6.png

what about hybrid SHIP of turks and chines system. which PN will made in pakistan?

If we can perhaps also pick up 3 OHP in second hand market it would be ok to add to our anti Submarine operations , I am sure in coming years few nations will retire the OHP ships perhaps in Europe etc as a Fill gap short term meassure

what is an OPV?

As Quwa shared info , it is offshore patrol however more suited for Patrol duties lightly armed not that it cannot be equipped for a role of light Corvette duties or full Corvette role.

Once the ship comes to Pakistan, I suppose we will really see how it's role will emerge

On surface it appears like a wonderful Utility ship , partol / can become good member of a active group at sea for defence duties if needed customizable

Type 054A is a center piece Technology , a PIVOT , around which we can construct our defence strategy at sea close to coastal zones

If we can perhaps also pick up 3 OHP in second hand market it would be ok to add to our anti Submarine operations , I am sure in coming years few nations will retire the OHP ships perhaps in Europe etc as a Fill gap short term meassure

As Quwa shared info , it is offshore patrol however more suited for Patrol duties lightly armed not that it cannot be equipped for a role of light Corvette duties or full Corvette role.

Once the ship comes to Pakistan, I suppose we will really see how it's role will emerge

better to get stealthy new platforms as PN has reportedly ordered Type 54A frigate

The interesting thing will be the loadout of the frigate. Will it be the 054A/A+ or will it be a variation with possibly an integrated mast, updated weapons and possibly a far greater anti-air loadout? I would hope it would be an updated variant with an integrated mast with similar to the CAFRAD or the APAR system shown on the 4000t frigate /type 057. As @BilalKhan(Quwa) pointed out, the combo SLR-66 has a 280km range in active mode and 500km in passive mode. The 054A+ has a variable depth sonar and a towed sonar array as well as the standard type 87 antisub rockets. I would try to add a 21 to 27 cell FL-3000N over the rear hangar.

The chinese vls comes in 3.3, 7 and 9 meter length. Given the 5.5m length of the HQ-16 which already equips the type 054a, the system ahould be large enough to accommodate the HQ-9 at 6.8m. As such would put 16 HQ-9 and find a quad packable 50km missile (likely DK-10 or something based on it) to fill out the other 16 cells giving 64 medium range sams. 16 LR-SAMs, 64 MR-SAMs, 21-27 SR-SAMs and 2 type 1130 ciws is a reasonably strong anti-air capability.

Last edited:
Please no more ships. Instead spare the money. Buy proper MRAPs, AFV, helicopters for FC/army and police battling the terorists. This is the death traps they drive around in.

Pakistan-Army-FATA-Anti-Terorism-operation-Against-Taliban-militants-Afghanistan-3-478x297.jpg
IMO they should put the money they assigned for the new GHQ to LAV and MRAP.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom