What's new

Pakistan shops for warships to replace British frigates, modernize Navy

IMO they should put the money they assigned for the new GHQ to LAV and MRAP.
Maybe but I think the GHQ needs shifting to Islamabad. The present site has become crowded by high density urban sprawl much of it lower social housing presents real terrorist threat or place where mobs can easily assemble.

Please no more ships. Instead spare the money. Buy proper MRAPs, AFV, helicopters for FC/army and police battling the terorists. This is the death traps they drive around in.

Pakistan-Army-FATA-Anti-Terorism-operation-Against-Taliban-militants-Afghanistan-3-478x297.jpg
alas..noone cares

IMO they should put the money they assigned for the new GHQ to LAV and MRAP.
they will still be left with half of it lol

basics MRAP are cheap, i doubt a 1000 will cost more than 500 million dollars
the expensive ones dont cost that much "The United States is close to a $2.5 billion deal with the United Arab Emirates that will send 4,569 mine-resistant vehicles to the Middle "

pakistan did got a couple of 100s but were sent to base duty rather than actual patrolling

a under lsicence production wont cost much
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMC_-_Kirpi

Maybe but I think the GHQ needs shifting to Islamabad. The present site has become crowded by high density urban sprawl much of it lower social housing presents real terrorist threat or place where mobs can easily assemble.
Why Islamabad? Geographically it's too close to the Indian border and in time it too will deal with urban density issues and growth. In fact, I think Islamabad is actually the wrong area all together considering how many foreigners live there and that too with immunity.

This GHQ project ought to be split into two parts: (1) an actual Army GHQ placed in a remote locale in central Pakistan (perhaps Baluchistan) and (2) an administrative Defence Department for policy, press relations, etc in Islamabad. IMO, $900 to $1bn US for a GHQ shift is a large expense, and the necessity of having to move shouldn't be mixed with having to move to an expensive locale like Islamabad.

alas..noone cares

they will still be left with half of it lol

basics MRAP are cheap, i doubt a 1000 will cost more than 500 million dollars
the expensive ones dont cost that much "The United States is close to a $2.5 billion deal with the United Arab Emirates that will send 4,569 mine-resistant vehicles to the Middle "

pakistan did got a couple of 100s but were sent to base duty rather than actual patrolling

a under lsicence production wont cost much
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMC_-_Kirpi
Absolutely. There are generally 2 parts to it: (1) licensing the design and the cost of gaining the ability to manufacture it and (2) the cost of serial production. The (2) can be low-cost provided the materials are sourced locally along with local labour/production costs. I don't think a MRAP manufactured in Pakistan would necessarily cost more than $200/$250,000 per vehicle.

Last edited:
how many foreigners actually live there and that too with immunity.
How can you say that with a straight face? Please tell me how many Canadians live in Pakistan. And then count how many Pakistani live in Canada. Do you know how many Pakistani live in London?

How can you say that with a straight face? Please tell me how many Canadians live in Pakistan. And then count how many Pakistani live in Canada. Do you know how many Pakistani live in London?
I'm not talking about immigrants. I am talking about diplomats, foreign military personnel (i.e. attaches) and others overtly belonging to foreign governments, including India. Moreover, Islamabad itself is basically 100-150 km away from every current and potential conflict area for Pakistan, that's way too close to the front to have one's command stationed.

I'm not talking about immigrants. I am talking about diplomats, foreign military personnel (i.e. attaches) and others overtly belonging to foreign governments, including India. Moreover, Islamabad itself is basically 100-150 km away from every current and potential conflict area for Pakistan, that's way too close to the front to have one's command stationed.

Hi,,

You are correct---it is too expensive---. Too close to comfort and luxury and not too far from a conflict---.

What capabilities Miligem II would have??

There is life span of hull and those Type-21 are way old and used hulls with no more life in them.

The specs are being considered.
When they are final, info will be available.

The deal has just been signed.
The on-board sensors, weapons will remain Chinese.
There will be 3 more 054A's coming after the first one.

4 X F-22Ps
4 X 054A
4 X Milgem II

8 X Subs
3 X 90Bs
Sub surface is good. Out of 8 chinese subs, 2 SSN would make it a killer. One operational, one reserve. Later a 3rd SSN will make it perfect. One operational, one readying to go, one maintenance.
Number of Surface ships still low but ok considering budget.

Sub surface is good. Out of 8 chinese subs, 2 SSN would make it a killer. One operational, one reserve. Later a 3rd SSN will make it perfect. One operational, one readying to go, one maintenance.
Number of Surface ships still low but ok considering budget.
3 SSN will eat the funds of navy and who will sell its SSN to PAKISTAN (may be lease SSN)

3 SSN will eat the funds of navy and who will sell its SSN to PAKISTAN (may be lease SSN)
A second strike capability is crucial. For Pakistan, it is as important as the nuclear program itself when it was started.
SSN's are expensive but Pakistan can take the Israeli route. Israel modified tubes of its Dolphin class subs to launch nuke capable SLCM (4×650 mm tubes in addition to 6×533mm conventional torpedo tubes ).
Pakistan can modify its 2-3 subs out of 8 chinese AIP equipped subs to fire nuke capable SLCM if they are not already doing or planning.
Pakistan could even look to lease chinese SSN to get experience.
There were rumors of Pakistan developing miniature pressurized water nuclear reactor just for an SSN.
A NUCLEAR TRIAD IS MUST. IT IS A HUGE DETERRENCE.

Great decision to buy type 054 frigate.
This is the future.
8 type 054a frigate
4 f22p
4 Ada class
2 Destroyers
3 Agosta Submarines
8 Type 41 submarines
3 Nuclear submarines
These all can be fitted with babur cruise missile and long range air missles
60 J20 for naval air force (at the moment a wish but no other long range jet available)
18 ships + 16 Submarines with 60 long range fighters should be enough to counter any threat
Stop dreaming Bro.

They should look towards some EU options as well.

Stop dreaming Bro.

They should look towards some EU options as well.
Please tell us where the money for these purchases from EU will come from? We organize loans at friendly rates to purchase stuff from China and now Turkey. EU will not give us those rates.
A

why is PN not considering Sigma 10514 option... customized for PN with PN weapons package

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom