What's new

Pakistan received 5 more F-16s

US delivers 3 F-16s to Pakistan

The United States has handed-over three F-16 fighters jets to Pakistan on Saturday, and two additional ones are expected to arrive next week.

According to an agreement between Pakistan and the US government, the latter has to provide 18 F16's to Pakistan.

Sources suggest these jet fighters will be handed-over to Pakistan by December. The first supply of jet fighters which comprised of three planes have already been given to Pakistan in May.

Earlier, the fighters were being delivered to Pakistan under a series of strict conditions by Washington. One of these stipulations, the report said, was that Pakistan would not use the jets in any conflict with India.

Another condition, the report said, was that American air force engineers will accompany the delivery of the F-16s and supervise not only the air base but also the operations to be carried out by PAF against Taliban and al Qaeda.

Expectations prevailing at the time the first few jets were delivered held that the much-demanded large-scale military operation against the Taliban and al Qaeda in North Waziristan would be launched after the US delivered the F-16s.

US delivers 3 F-16s to Pakistan – The Express Tribune

even the aim-120 missile are C 5 rather than C 7 .... so why we are talking so high of them ... why so much euphoria ...in reality they are normal when we compare with other modern jets of same class like rafel , j-39 , f-18 or others ..
they are inferior to UAE block 60 jets and israeli f-16s .....
also i can,t see any CFT,s as was shown in pics so there is nothing special in them..............

Dear following are answers for ur analysis.
1)PAF is only designed to counter IAF, and F-16 Block 52 and MLU of 45 old will give the boost to PAF to keep the balance in the region.
2) PAF getting 500 AIM-120C-5, AIM-120C its one of the most advance BVR in the region (India, China , PAK). Even still USAF still use it laerge number with its jet fighters. Not only that its also used in F-22 Raptor.
3)PAF recieved CFT's, it was announced by Chief of Air Staff right after the delivery of first 3 Ac's in June 2010.

i was talking one of my friend who is pilot of f-16 and he was even unsure about their performence specially of BVR missils ....there are speculations about their perfection ....... cos the biggest reason why we went for f-16 was BVR package as ammram are most relaible BVR missiles present uptill now ....

Dont through hanky phanky ....there are many sineres and we have quoted number of articles that showed the perfromance.
May be u dont know PAF piolts are flying Block 52 (Turkish) since 2006. :cheers:

Funny comments abt AMMRAM...plz dont troil

some time i really feel pity over pakistani people ... we have been made fool by cirspy news by our media channels .... i new about reality of these f-16 thats why i am normal other wise i too would be in euphoria ....
i believe in self reliance rather than being dependent as we are on america and will be in future inorder to maintain these birds ....
look su-30mki been provided to india are best of their lot and with complete transfer of technology.........

We cant become self independent untill we have bad leaders

Dont through hanky phanky ....there are many sineres and we have quoted number of articles that showed the perfromance.
May be u dont know PAF piolts are flying Block 52 (Turkish) since 2006. :cheers:

Funny comments abt AMMRAM...plz dont troil

sir it was not a hanky phanky its reality ................

Dear following are answers for ur analysis.
1)PAF is only designed to counter IAF, and F-16 Block 52 and MLU of 45 old will give the boost to PAF to keep the balance in the region.
2) PAF getting 500 AIM-120C-5, AIM-120C its one of the most advance BVR in the region (India, China , PAK). Even still USAF still use it laerge number with its jet fighters. Not only that its also used in F-22 Raptor.
3)PAF recieved CFT's, it was announced by Chief of Air Staff right after the delivery of first 3 Ac's in June 2010.

sir ok i agree on point 3 ....
but not on 1st and 2nd .....
1st our f-16 are not with AESA radars while indian su-30mki fleet will acquire AESA package in 2012 so what then........
and plz i admire aim-120 but i said about C5 .... just read about difference of range between C7 and d version ....and recently about all other customers were supplied with C7 ...
when we compare C5 with AA-12 then there is hell of difference of range ......

you should accept that we have hardware not the complete software and we are living in 21st century where softwhere runs the hardwhere.......

i was talking one of my friend who is pilot of f-16 and he was even unsure about their performence specially of BVR missils ....there are speculations about their perfection ....... cos the biggest reason why we went for f-16 was BVR package as ammram are most relaible BVR missiles present uptill now ....

Is your friend a Bedford truck driver, they are also ustad of F-16. I v met many pilots they don't have any doubt about the performance of BVR Missiles. Please stop trolling or don't express your ignorance.

I didn't see the nob for refuel at the nose, usually jets have such stuff at the front. It might be very difficult then to lock on to the pumb if it is at rear, right?

F-16s are just designed to be refueled that way.

Doesn't really matter for the refueling process. What matters is the refuelers you are using, because current I76s don't have those probes.

But maybe, PAF gets/buys KC-135 as US ones free up.

Remember that they just presented US a wish list, which US said it was carefully considering.

sir ok i agree on point 3 ....
but not on 1st and 2nd .....
1st our f-16 are not with AESA radars while indian su-30mki fleet will acquire AESA package in 2012 so what then........

Is fighters equipped with AESA is solution, I guess alternatives exist.

and plz i admire aim-120 but i said about C5 .... just read about difference of range between C7 and d version ....and recently about all other customers were supplied with C7 ...
when we compare C5 with AA-12 then there is hell of difference of range ......

There is a difference between what is available and what we get. we know what are we getting. By the way F-22 and F-35 are available, can we get anyone out of that.

Is your friend a Bedford truck driver, they are also ustad of F-16. I v met many pilots they don't have any doubt about the performance of BVR Missiles. Please stop trolling or don't express your ignorance.

by the way i have many in my family so i don,t need to meet any truck driver ....
for your kind information f-22 and f-35 are not available to us enen if we have money .............. reason you should know china factor and also indian factor................

how many time i say aim-120 is best bvr missile uptill now but i am talking about their software and range ..........
and AESA creats huge difference in hightech warfare...............
its radar that matters most.....

Back
Top Bottom