What's new

Pakistan pushes for reset ties with USA

Soft-Warning
The relationship between the US and pakistan has always been like between a buyer and a seller .......Those in control have an insatiable craving for this relationship to continue along the old lines, no matter how much humiliation is involved in it, or the major concessions required on the geo strategic fronts to get the limited good will. The establishment is always open to selling the national dignity and honor in exchange for few weapons and
some monetary benefits.

Last edited:
The relationship between the US and pakistan has always been like between a pimp and a.... Well you get the drift.....Those in control have an insatiable craving for this relationship to continue along the old lines, no matter how much humiliation is involved in it, or the major concessions required on the geo strategic fronts to get the limited good will.

It might seem like that on the surface but on so many issues when our vital national interests are at stake we have defied them and even gone against their stated positions.

Case in point, 1) getting close to communist China. 2) nuclear program. 3) A-Stan. 4) Apposed indian hegemony. 5) getting close to Russia. 6) getting close to Iran.

There are others........nuff said.

It might seem like that on the surface but on so many issues when our vital national interests are at stake we have defied them and even gone against their stated positions.

Case in point, 1) getting close to communist China. 2) nuclear program. 3) A-Stan. 4) Apposed indian hegemony. 5) getting close to Russia. 6) getting close to Iran.

There are others........nuff said.
They looked the other way then, but now global supremacy is at stake, we will be asked to pick sides. After all, we are known as the one call country, since the days of the commando, unfortunately... Rest as they say, time will tell.

Last edited:
this time it is hard reset .

you don't have this op[tion sir .
I don't see any reset. It will remain the same as it has for last few years. No complete break, no real thawing.

Its debatable, but an emerging ME/NA regional bloc may emerge as the USA focuses on the "Indo-pacific" and dumps the ME. The region has to start thinking about life after oil.....I think the screws are turning on a regional bloc.

Waste of time..

more importantly we really not interested
Pakistan has to play the game. The USA deep state, Afghan and Indian lobby's don't want any peace in Afghanistan that will relay on the USA being dependent on Pakistan for counter terrorism access. That means a thawing won't happen......but it also means a complete break won't happen either.

They looked the other way then, but now global supremacy is at stake, we will be asked to pick sides. After all, we are know as the one call country, since the days of the commando ... Rest as they say, time will tell.

To defy a global hegemony and hyper power is no small thing, I think we did it pretty cleverly.

We have a strategic long term partnership with the PRC, but there is no zero sum game regarding other countries, we can also cooperate as long as our interests don't clash.

To defy a global hegemony and hyper power is no small thing, I think we did it pretty cleverly.

We have a strategic long term partnership with the PRC, but there is no zero sum game regarding other countries, we can also cooperate as long as our interests don't clash.
I agree that would be an ideal situation for pakistan: to have good relations with both powers, however, with leaders who are begging the foreign powers to intervene in the domestic affairs of pakistan on their behalf.

Last edited:
There are woke people in White house and Congress, they will have problem with every Aspect of Pakistani society, I am expect the relationship to better for Mera Jism Meri Marzi type, but the majority of Pakistan will still be seen as they show in Homeland .
unless US leave Afghanistan, and remain out of the region for around 5 years with no new wars imposed on anyone then there is a chance that US and Pakistan might start trusting each other, until then there is no chance.

Back
Top Bottom