What's new

Pakistan Punjab assembly rejects resolution against Modi

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
The resolution was solely targeted against Modi. Even if India indulges in cross border terrorism against Pakistan then also blaming Modi for that only a day after he took over was baseless and stupid.

A resolution tabled in the Pakistan's Punjab assembly against Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi for accusing Pakistan of cross-border terrorism was rejected as it was baseless.

Pakistan Punjab assembly rejects resolution against Modi - Video | The Times of India

There are many like Mia Mehmood Rashid who are bent on vitiating the positive atmosphere created between Modi and Sharif.
Oh the other hand, I really think if Modi was serious, he wouldn't have allowed such talk from his side. Going public means you're not serious. These things are done privately, behind closed doors, so the public and media can't influence events. Modi has already made it very hard for Pakistan to enter into talks with India, Pakistan is try to salvage the situation so that Pakistan-India relationship doesn't deteriorate any further.

Government should allow opposition to table resolutions as they can reject hem with majority as this democracy. PTI should also restrained from acting like hooligans in assembly specially when they start insisting about tabling out of turn resolutions in assembly.

Oh the other hand, I really think if Modi was serious, he wouldn't have allowed such talk from his side. Going public means you're not serious. These things are done privately, behind closed doors, so the public and media can't influence events. Modi has already made it very hard for Pakistan to enter into talks with India, Pakistan is try to salvage the situation so that Pakistan-India relationship doesn't deteriorate any further.
The tone was not of accusation. It was repeatation of same thing that previous govt said, i.e. meaningful forward movement is impossible with continued support of terrorism and also lack of any outcome in 26/11 case.
That was mostly for domestic audiance, I understand back channel negotiation will continue also negotiation at right level(foreign secretary).
An accusatory GoI would have blamed pakistan for Indian consulate bombing a day before(afgans did). That might have been in discussion but not mentioned in open.
Trade will most probably the focus in short term.

The tone was not of accusation. It was repeatation of same thing that previous govt said, i.e. meaningful forward movement is impossible with continued support of terrorism and also lack of any outcome in 26/11 case.
That was mostly for domestic audiance, I understand back channel negotiation will continue also negotiation at right level(foreign secretary).
An accusatory GoI would have blamed pakistan for Indian consulate bombing a day before(afgans did). That might have been in discussion but not mentioned in open.
I guess you're right, on the other hand, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Why should it be hidden from the public ? MEA spokesperson doing a press conference about what was discussed in the meeting is the usual exercise in India.

Why should it be hidden from the public ? MEA spokesperson doing a press conference about what was discussed in the meeting is the usual exercise in India.
For the reason I listed. The public and the media can influence way too much of what goes on in these meetings, which is why they tend to remain behind closed doors. This also lets politicians and diplomats speak more openly, without the free of news organizations watching their every word. Government have to make hard choices, but if the public gets involved, those choices can never be made.

This isn't just an Indian issue, it's done in every country. If you ever see any diplomat giving details of a meeting, it means the meeting didn't go well, or the talks have ended with a resolution.

Mia Mehmood Rashid is from PTI, oposition does this drama all the time.

He was acutally a "jamatia" badmash (jamiat) and member of jamat e islami before joining PTI two years ago, this kind of gandh is lowering the discourse of the norms of assembly.

Its not just about 26/11.Its about all the subversive activities being done over the years.The terrorist activities in Kashmir, where do all those arms and ammunition come from ?The training camps for the terrorists across the border, they still operate.Had Pakistan not been engaged in its Western borders, terrorism in Kashmir would not have reduced.

The situation may be different, but there is no credible indicator that tells us that the mentality has changed.It is just the same as it was back during Zia's times.So, we should be prepared, stay alert and be ready for action, for as soon as Pakistan's problems in its Western border regions are liquidated, we are going to have our problem back.

I am sorry to say this, but, Pakistan has time and again proved that it cannot be trusted.The wars, the Kargil adventurism, the active and passive support to terrorism by the govt and certain section of the populace are all glaring testimonies to that.Hence, it is in India's benefit that we have a weaker Pakistan.

For the reason I listed. The public and the media can influence way too much of what goes on in these meetings, which is why they tend to remain behind closed doors. This also lets politicians and diplomats speak more openly, without the free of news organizations watching their every word. Government have to make hard choices, but if the public gets involved, those choices can never be made.

This isn't just an Indian issue, it's done in every country. If you ever see any diplomat giving details of a meeting, it means the meeting didn't go well, or the talks have ended with a resolution.
But nothing new was discussed.It's the same old things we have been saying for years.

Back
Top Bottom