What's new

Pakistan Punjab Assembly approves resolution to make Guru Nanak's birthday a public holiday

good decision if implemented..appreciated. but I think Pakistan need another 25 years to become a tolerant state. good start though

Guru Nanak was Punjabi born in Pakistan. Historical fact, anyone who denies this is either harami or bhaiya.

Anyone who can write idiotic crap and illogical sentence like that can only be Jihadi or Madarasa Literate .

LoL That much interest by indians, it is for the sake of our people, nothing to do with you lot.

Guys,stop insulting shan for once.Atleast once he started a good topic.

Shan is the celebrity of this forum , whenever I think of pdf shan is the first user that comes into mind, he is the jewel of pdf.

Sikhism aswell as the Real Rig veda followers religion is Pakistan because of its origin in Pakistan.

Going by this skewed logic, all those who migrated to the USA from Europe for the last two centuries are Brit, Iris, Poles and so on and not American ? !

@ Subject, besides this holiday are there any other National / state Holidays in Pak which relate to minorities ? Eg : Christmas, Diwali etc ?

It does make sense.Pakistani by default mean that they aka the sikh will feel closer toward majority of the pakistanis than indians

Ya Indian Sikhs showed immense love towards majority of Pakistanis at time of partition in 1947.

Going by this skewed logic, all those who migrated to the USA from Europe for the last two centuries are Brit, Iris, Poles and so on and not American ? !

@ Subject, besides this holiday are there any other National / state Holidays in Pak which relate to minorities ? Eg : Christmas, Diwali etc ?

There will be no holiday , it is just a resolution like any other emotional resolutions that are tabled by private members and quite often passed by the assembly with the sentiment of being polite.

There will be no holiday , it is just a resolution like any other emotional resolutions that are tabled by private members and quite often passed by the assembly with the sentiment of being polite.

Thank you, I have got my answer on the attitude towards minorities.

The Guru was born in Pakistan, one of the Sikh members of Pakistani Punjab assembly wanted it to be a national holiday, we accepted it, end of story.

People claiming people to be Indian or Pakistani before the idea of an India or Pakistan even came up are simply talking BS....

Grow up kids,

There was no India or Pakistan before the ideas of both nations came up in the 20th century.

Thank you, I have got my answer on the attitude towards minorities.

Sikhs are 0.001 % of the population of pakistani punjab, their numbers in KPK are higher than pakistani punjab.The major minority in pakistani punjab are christians who make up 2-3 % of the population of pakistani punjab, let the reality be clear about the existing demographics of pakistani punjab. I have hardly seen any sikh in my life in pakistani punjab but there are christians in each and every city of pakistani punjab.

Last edited:
Sikhs are 0.001 % of the population of pakistani punjab, the major minority in pakistani punjab are christians who make up 2-3 % of the population of pakistani punjab, let the reality be clear about the existing demographics of pakistani punjab. I have hardly seen any sikh in my life in pakistani punjab but there are christians in each and every city of pakistani punjab.

Thank You

My question was that are important days of minorities like Christmas etc a holiday

Back
Top Bottom