What's new

Pakistan offers to help train Libyan Army

If UAE is going to blackmail Pakistan and use its leverages, why shouldn't Pakistan do the same where it can?

The issue is that UAE is openly supporting the opponent forces to the Government, financially and militarily. So for Pakistan to even offer training to Government troops is a direct clash with UAE and Gulf states in Libya.

Sometimes you have to take a bet on yourself. I think our nation and our people perform best under pressure. Lets bet on ourselves, get rid of the anchors around our necks and go all out. Honestly if today every single Pakistani in the world was deported it'd be a boon for Pakistan. We might lose remittance but we'd gain an educated, skilled workforce with an entrepreneurial spirit and information about how the rest of the world works.

I stand to risk as much as anyone else, but ultimately I think our next generation would thank us for it.

If we are to take the morally right stance and it is considered a grave mistake
So be it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think it's a mistake?

I feel no need to get involved in Middle East. I don't know what's the establishment's long term strategy.

Its time that Pakistan focuses on domestic situation. Dealing with India and Afghanistan (post US) along with timely completion of CPEC should be the priority rather than getting involved in unnecessary far from home enemies/friends.

I feel no need to get involved in Middle East. I don't know what's the establishment's long term strategy.

Its time that Pakistan focuses on domestic situation. Dealing with India and Afghanistan (post US) along with timely completion of CPEC should be the priority rather than getting involved in unnecessary far from home enemies/friends.
This has been already discussed in another thread... our long term strategy.

Just balancing. You drink Cowcola, we go to Libya.

Correct move, Fcvk the Arabs. Pakistan must invade Arab lands after what they had done to us.

Ottoman Turks ruled Mecca and Saudia for 600 years - time for Pakistan to wake up and act upon it quick!

Arabs are no threat to Pakistan. They do treat you as mercenries but I don't blame them for that.
This has been already discussed in another thread... our long term strategy.

Link?

Correct move, Fcvk the Arabs. Pakistan must invade Arab lands after what they had done to us.

Ottoman Turks ruled Mecca and Saudia for 600 years - time for Pakistan to wake up and act upon it quick!

Which Arabs ? and what have they done to Pakistan to warrant an invasion ?

Arabs are no threat to Pakistan. They do treat you as mercenries but I don't blame them for that.

Link?
neither is pakistan
the libyan move has nothing to do with arabs but our own agenda of getting back into libya like we were before fall of gaddafi
Which Arabs ? and what have they done to Pakistan to warrant an invasion ?
Pakistan has never invaded any other country nor plans to do it..
some teenager on key board
just like arabs can have relationship with india and give modi, a indian and pakistani killer the highest award, we can have relationships with other countries, arabs in saudi group should be cool with us having relation with arabs not in saudi group

Sometimes you have to take a bet on yourself. I think our nation and our people perform best under pressure. Lets bet on ourselves, get rid of the anchors around our necks and go all out. Honestly if today every single Pakistani in the world was deported it'd be a boon for Pakistan. We might lose remittance but we'd gain an educated, skilled workforce with an entrepreneurial spirit and information about how the rest of the world works.

I stand to risk as much as anyone else, but ultimately I think our next generation would thank us for it.

Agree. I really am saddened for the many Pakistanis who may lose their livelihood now through no fault of their own. They are victims to geopoltics, but all is not lost. Pakistan should now make stringent strides for job opportunities for our skilled workers in other countries such as Malaysia, Turkey and Qatar. Hopefully our friends will help.

From a personal perspective, I have family in UAE, like I imagine many of us do. I really hate visiting Dubai, I must say. Seeing our own countrymen treated like dirt sometimes boils my blood. The attitude of the local Arabs should tell us all we need to know.

Certainly I am old enough to remember that Pakistanis were treated and looked at very differently 20-30 years ago.

Time we moved on and left these people to the fate US and Israel has in store for them. Saddam's army and money could not protect him, MBS and MBZ are going to relearn this lesson....

Everything we do today will benefit us in the long term.
How long will we be blackmailed by Arabs that they'll send our workforce back? How long can this continue?
It has to stop at one point and that point has come now.

Looking forward to the day when Pakistani and Turkish MILEGEM frigates and Qatari Doha class can exercise a few miles of UAE coast, maybe even joint exercises with Iran.

Aren't the Libyan factions in a peace process? Haftar forces will probably be included into a new Libyan military that we will be working with. Thread is being over blown.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom