What's new

Pakistan offers to help train Libyan Army

wise recommendation. Build your economy instead.

bees are drawn to flowers so they can make honey.
flies are drawn to shit so they can make maggots.
libya is deep in civil war mess . first libya need a national united army then someone should think to train them and that someone should not be my country

libya is deep in civil war mess . first libya need a national united army then someone should think to train them and that someone should not be my country

Looks like, US, UK and EU make a big mess and then leave in hopes of drawing in others to f them all up.

its about time we build get involved. in todays world its give and take and you cannot take if you havnt got anything to offer on table. next time fance will think before making a move against you if they come know that you're holding a card or two. this is how it works in todays world. you cannot sit on the fence and be taken seriously.
we are a powerful nueclear country with population of 220 million people. We must play our part in world politics. till how long we are going to cry weak economy? today's economy is being build on wars so get in and play your part!

This development has to be seen in parallel with the Indian COAS's visit to the ME. Clearly, interests have diverged from allies that Pakistan had brotherly ties with. Naturally that dictates a shift in policy from all spectrums, be it economic or, in this case military.

It is nice to see our Foreign policy waking up once again. It is a nice step to set up our lost influence/good relations in MENA. We need better ties with Africa and MENA, Central Asia, Balkans, Latin America and Borneo-Sumatra regions. Especially countries where we deployed our UN forces. Turkey has good military ties with Somalia. We should offer SSG training for Somalians. They are very good people.

We are taking stand on matters that are of interest to Pakistan. Which is a pleasant change.

Pakistan offers to help train Libyan Army

The Libyan Defense Minister Salah Al-Namroush met Monday with the Pakistani military attaché Atef Talha and discussed boosting cooperation between the two countries' Defense Ministries.

Libya's Defense Ministry said on Facebook that the meeting reviewed the capabilities of the Pakistani military and its experience in different fields such as fighting organized crime and terrorism.

The military attaché said Pakistan hopes to cooperate with Libya in military fields and in training Libyan Army forces in fighting terrorism and demining.

which Libya lmao.
Arabs are no threat to Pakistan. They do treat you as mercenries but I don't blame them for that.

Link?
Maybe they would stop treating us as mercs if we didn't have so many PMCs
It is nice to see our Foreign policy waking up once again. It is a nice step to set up our lost influence/good relations in MENA. We need better ties with Africa and MENA, Central Asia, Balkans, Latin America and Borneo-Sumatra regions. Especially countries where we deployed our UN forces. Turkey has good military ties with Somalia. We should offer SSG training for Somalians. They are very good people.

We are taking stand on matters that are of interest to Pakistan. Which is a pleasant change.
we already offer training to kenya. Unlike Turkey we haven't fixed our economic situation. We need to do that before we help others economically atleast. we can provide training though.

Last edited:
This is all a regular visits ,not related to any intentions of GNA to start a war again specially after the Egyptian red line .

For once Pakistan is behaving appropriately. Khalifa Haftar is a war criminal and a Russian, Emirati, Egyptian puppet. Yes, I'm glad Pakistan is siding with the GNA. Turkey's intervention tipped the balance in their favor. Now Pakistan is in a position to break free from blackmail from the Arabs

why not if they pay for it?
if we start being so selective in defense deals we will probable end up dealing with no one
isnt Libyan govt officially recognized by UN?

We might lose remittance but we'd gain an educated, skilled workforce with an entrepreneurial spirit and information about how the rest of the world works.

Wishing the best of Luck to Pakistan and our Pakistani brothers and sisters.

Also, i see what you are saying and yes , Pakistan will benefit from returning over-sees professional Pakistanis (Doctors , scientists and artists) However, what will these professionals benefit from their own country ? Does Pakistan have the capability and infrastructure to nourish and accommodate such skill and help them flourish further ? or will it douse the fire and eventually smother them into ordinary 8 to 4 employees ?

They will always be welcome in the UAE. they will be granted 10 year visas on arrival ;) and i am sure they can flourish here.

This is likely in response to all the anti-Pakistan moves the UAE has been making. It's probably a warning to the Arabs that Pakistan can get involved in Arab affairs, and make things very difficult for the Emiraties.
We should be that smart. I wish

Wishing the best of Luck to Pakistan and our Pakistani brothers and sisters.

Also, i see what you are saying and yes , Pakistan will benefit from returning over-sees professional Pakistanis (Doctors , scientists and artists) However, what will these professionals benefit from their own country ? Does Pakistan have the capability and infrastructure to nourish and accommodate such skill and help them flourish further ? or will it douse the fire and eventually smother them into ordinary 8 to 4 employees ?

They will always be welcome in the UAE. they will be granted 10 year visas on arrival ;) and i am sure they can flourish here.

Your assessment of the challenge is accurate. If Pakistan can create an environment to gain benefit from these people it will benefit massively.

Not just the doctors and engineers but even the labourers. Spoilt boys who have never known a hard day's work come back from the Gulf men who know the price they paid to earn. I have many cousins who didn't have the opportunity to work or be independent at home. Then abroad they struggled and matured. When you work a 10 hour shift in a factory you appreciate the opportunity you had at home. When you wash cars during the day and hand out leaflets on the weekend and sell roses at night - you realise that you could have made a living selling samosas or tailoring clothes.

If anyone had any doubts, this is basically Pakistan's official entry into Libyan civil war without saying it.

I've been hoping for this for a while.

What I'd like to see next is joint Pakistani and Turkish combat missions in Balochistan against the BLA and in Turkey against the PKK and possibly even on the ground in Libya itself.

Would love for all of us to join our stalwart ally China in defending the South China Sea from foreign aggression and terrorism.

This 'Turkey/Iran/Pakistan' nexus is merely an alliance of rumours, Pakistan enjoys way better relations with the Arab states than even India does. Pakistan is willing to recognize Israel at least the people in high seats are, we could see this with the Litmus test regarding a few journalists and even during the Musharraf era. Heck Pakistan shares some covert relations with Israel.
At the moment it is not clear what Pakistan's goal is in Libya however it does raise eyebrows in context with the current lows with the UAE.

So basically this forced all of the countries of Middle East to reveal their cards and show the big power brokers what side they were really on.

I love our Arab brothers and sisters but our relationship with them primarily originates during the Cold War against the Soviet Union.

Jinnah, Alama Iqbal, Chaudhary Rehmat Ali, etc... didn't campaign for Arab Bedouins partnered with Western imperialists in the 40s they were campaigning for the Caliphate of the Ottoman Empire.

If the British listened to Jinnah then the GCC states may not even exist today.

Turkey is our natural ally, we share A LOT more with them than we do the Arabs the same is true with Iranians.

Our language, food and clothing has Persian-Turkic influences.

Even our flag is inspired by the Ottoman Empire which, under Osman, introduced the crescent moon as a symbol for Islam.

We're simply returning to our roots.

I have no animosity or hatred for our Arab kin in faith, I hope they understand that, but the problem lies with the people ruling many of their nations now. They're not interested in cooperation and partnership with other Muslims they seem to be completely fixated on preventing representative rule in their countries.

I said this over 15 years ago, well before I even joined PDF, that the world is returning to the natural order that exist pre-colonialism with the Ottoman Empire (Turkey), China and Mughal Empire (Pakistan) being the centers of global power.

India under hegemonic Hindu terrorists represents the political and fratricidal infighting and mess that existed there before the rise of Islam and eventual birth of the Mughal Empire.

I think we should be smart and ask for petrol in return or a military presence in the region that will tick up the arabs.

Good opportunity for Pakistan to build strong ties with Libya, this shouldn't be limited to just military, arab / North africans countries can become a strong export market for our fruit,veg and meat.

I think many here are too focused on the military, and not other aspects. Pakisatan is economically weak and has always needed the help of others. This not even mentioning economic sanctions.

If that's the worry then this could likely develop into even better news for Pakistan.

One of our largest commodity imports is oil and gas. In FY21 we generated about $5.8 Billion USD in remittances from the UAE and Saudi Arabia but we likely sent well over $15 Billion USD in foreign exchange to pay them for their oil and gas.

Sourcing our oil from Libya, Iran and Azerbaijan and signing barter trade agreements with them would be HUGE for Pakistan. Yes, you lose $5.8 Billion USD in remittances but with a barter agreement you've reduced your trade deficit by maybe 25%.

That will have a much larger impact on our economy than those remit

If it was up to me the Emirate would be a desert again by now. These people have been working against us for decades.

You know that the opposition is emiratis

The emiratis are cannon fodder.

Unfortunately, this increasingly seems to be the case.

We've offered nothing but our love, respect and brotherhood to them but they've assisted in laundering money for our criminals and reports are suggesting they've even been aiding radical secular/liberal terrorists like the BLA:
MPs told Russia, India and UAE involved in Baloch insurgency
UAE Needs To Make “Major” Reforms To Tackle Money Laundering, Says Global Watchdog

This move with Libya is in no way shape or form against our brothers and sisters in Saudi Arabia and the UAE just an attempt by one Muslim nation to reach out and help another on security and defense against a terrorist warlord.

We would hope that the UAE and other GCC nations would see reason like Qatar has and not pursue policies that inflict harm on fellow Muslims.

This move with Libya is in no way shape or form against our brothers and sisters in Saudi Arabia and the UAE just an attempt by one Muslim nation to reach out and help another on security and defense against a terrorist warlord.

We would hope that the UAE and other GCC nations would see reason like Qatar has and not pursue policies that inflict harm on fellow Muslims.

You have to understand that Muslim Ummah's interests are by and large not manifested in the interests of the 50 odd Muslim majority States and regimes. If anyone is manifesting the Ummah's interests today it is the United States of America and Great Britain.
Remember, Ummah is not a country, not a state, and not a regime. Ummah is the Muslims collectively, a transnational Faith community. I would argue that in fact our interests as an Ummah are diametrically opposed to the interests of most Muslim-majority States. The weakening and even destruction of most of those States would be in our favor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom