What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

you don't understand my point brother i am talking about 2-3 YJ-12 not LACMs and 4-6 LACM, and can you confirm me That china have or will have any system like US asroc or Russian SS-N 15/16???, If Chinese developed these kind of systems than there will be no need for extra large Torpedo tubes on hull or separate MPA for launching heavy weight Torpedo's?

The Chinese do have an Asroc like system called the ET-80 (range 30 km, which is still short of the enemy’s 40 km torpedos, but it’s a start). According to one of the other members, the box launchers aren’t as large as I thought and we can fit two on top of two in each direction (toward port and towards starboard), allowing a mix of up to 8 missiles total. If the LACM can fit in the same foot print Indont see any reason we can’t carry 4 LACM and 4 JY-12 or some mix of the two, as per the mission. I was merely suggesting we leave room for heavy weight Torpedos on the deck, but I see what you mean. Best to concentrate on making the ASROC better and leave deck space for more LACM and/or YJ-12.

A Chinese VLS Version of the SS-N-15/16 with its 100 km range would be perfect.

Last edited:
The Chinese do have an Asroc like system called the ET-80 (range 30 km, which is still short of the enemy’s 40 km torpedos, but it’s a start). According to one of the other members, the box launchers aren’t as large as I thought and we can fit two on top of two in each direction (toward port and towards starboard), allowing a mix of up to 8 missiles total. If the LACM can fit in the same foot print Indont see any reason we can’t carry 4 LACM and 4 JY-12 or some mix of the two, as per the mission. I was merely suggesting we leave room for heavy weight Torpedos on the deck, but I see what you mean. Best to concentrate on making the ASROC better and leave deck space for more LACM and/or YJ-12.

A Chinese VLS Version of the SS-N-15/16 with its 100 km range would be perfect.

I think we need mix of both supersonic/subsonic anti ship missiles against the IN to complicate attack difficult for IN to defend with ( saturation attack) that's why i am leaving heavyweight torpedos on Type 54

But YJ-12 like all supersonic anti ship missiles is not true sea skimmers, on their cruise phase they have flight of tens of meters whereas subsonic ones are the true sea skimmers their cruise phase are within4-5 meters
So all supersonic one like YJ-12 will have a chance to be detected and engage lot earlier because they have big IR and radar signatures but reaction times for all supersonic ASHM are much shorter than subsonic one but i like to see on our upcoming Type 54 Russian sizzler type anti ship missiles which have both qualities ( subsonic cruise hence low RCS and less IR signature+ terminal supersonic dash ( less reaction times))

And tell me brother does China have INDIGENOUS sizzler type anti ship missiles???

Check Out level of Journalism We have (Especially on Defence Matters) He is saying Jainas (Janes) at 8:10 I think, On the other hand saying Type 054AP has been handed over to Pakistan, bla bla....... Check out the viewership.... and comments :hitwall: :hitwall::hitwall:

@Rafi @Zarvan @Tipu7 @Irfan Baloch @Imran Khan @Trailer23
I would check out your videos or another youtuber called Athar Kazmi as he interviews military veterans and lets them speak on technical matters.

I almost avoid all videos with click bait Urdu titles.yea the level of journalism on defense matters is bottomless. there is no low.
just check out the spam of Urdu titled videos on PIA pilots spotting an unexplained bright object in the sky. pictures of aliens and all its funny.

Director General Public Relations - Navy

The launching ceremony of 2nd ship of Type-054 Class Frigate constructed for Pakistan Navy, was held at Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard Shanghai, China. The ceremony was graced by Commodore Azfar Humayun (Chief Naval Overseer, China) as Chief Guest.

While addressing the ceremony, CNO highlighted that induction of these warships will significantly enhance Pakistan’s maritime defence and deterrence capabilities. He also acknowledged the commitment, hard work and timely completion of this important milestone project by M/s CSTC and HZ Shipyard, Shanghai despite ongoing global pandemic.

Type-054 Frigates will be one of the most technologically advanced surface platforms of Pakistan Navy Fleet, fitted with latest surface, subsurface and anti-air weapon systems. The ships will be fitted with a range of electronic warfare, air and surface surveillance and acoustic sensors integrated through state of the art Combat Management System. Pakistan Navy ordered four Type-054A/P Frigates in 2017. All the ships are being delivered as per planned schedule.

The occasion of launching ceremony also coincides with the completion of 70 years of Pak-China diplomatic relations built upon historic bonds of friendship and mutual trust. The ceremony was also attended by various high level Chinese officials including representatives of M/s China Shipbuilding Trading Company (CSTC) and HZ Shipyard.

1612021328075.png

1612021354284.png

1612021423639.png

Director General Public Relations - Navy

The launching ceremony of 2nd ship of Type-054 Class Frigate constructed for Pakistan Navy, was held at Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard Shanghai, China. The ceremony was graced by Commodore Azfar Humayun (Chief Naval Overseer, China) as Chief Guest.

While addressing the ceremony, CNO highlighted that induction of these warships will significantly enhance Pakistan’s maritime defence and deterrence capabilities. He also acknowledged the commitment, hard work and timely completion of this important milestone project by M/s CSTC and HZ Shipyard, Shanghai despite ongoing global pandemic.

Type-054 Frigates will be one of the most technologically advanced surface platforms of Pakistan Navy Fleet, fitted with latest surface, subsurface and anti-air weapon systems. The ships will be fitted with a range of electronic warfare, air and surface surveillance and acoustic sensors integrated through state of the art Combat Management System. Pakistan Navy ordered four Type-054A/P Frigates in 2017. All the ships are being delivered as per planned schedule.

The occasion of launching ceremony also coincides with the completion of 70 years of Pak-China diplomatic relations built upon historic bonds of friendship and mutual trust. The ceremony was also attended by various high level Chinese officials including representatives of M/s China Shipbuilding Trading Company (CSTC) and HZ Shipyard.

The speed at which China builds these warships is amazing
Chinese have a very strong work ethic and discipline the other option is detention and execution. also not being burdened by Saudi/ Iranian love/ hate relations has also done wonders for that country.
we are such a misfit friend of that country that it amazes me that they are not fed up with us yet.
although Pakistanis are strictly off limits from mixing up with their personal in Pakistan is kind of a humbling experience. they are not rude but very firm and polite in discouraging any personal interaction with their people stationed in different parts of Pakistan.
if we start sending our over charged zealots in a batch of 20s or 50s to their correction camps then those people can do wonders for Pakistan after their return. but for that to happen 2 things must take place.

1. Chinese must take interest in our internal affairs and working of our society
2. our leadership should decide that we should mend our ways and follow the Chinese example as our current attitude and degraded work ethic wont last us long and will cause rot and rust in our Iron friendship with China.

But I know there is no risk of any of the two happening in our life times so as far as we are concerned Pakistan will out last us all.

PS: I had a group of Chinese Engineers as my tenants for 3 years. myself our house and neighborhood was vetted by ISI first and kept under guard and observation by plain clothes throughout their stay. they were extremely anal about things but exceptionally good in terms of payments and looking after the house that they left in better condition than I gave them. but our conversations were very guarded and short. one of their wrestler looking guy had a **** off grin on his face whenever my curious neighbors tried to get in touch and know my tenants more than required. lol

I think we need mix of both supersonic/subsonic anti ship missiles against the IN to complicate attack difficult for IN to defend with ( saturation attack) that's why i am leaving heavyweight torpedos on Type 54

But YJ-12 like all supersonic anti ship missiles is not true sea skimmers, on their cruise phase they have flight of tens of meters whereas subsonic ones are the true sea skimmers their cruise phase are within4-5 meters
So all supersonic one like YJ-12 will have a chance to be detected and engage lot earlier because they have big IR and radar signatures but reaction times for all supersonic ASHM are much shorter than subsonic one but i like to see on our upcoming Type 54 Russian sizzler type anti ship missiles which have both qualities ( subsonic cruise hence low RCS and less IR signature+ terminal supersonic dash ( less reaction times))

And tell me brother does China have INDIGENOUS sizzler type anti ship missiles???
Your looking to add something like the YJ-18

High subsonic and sea skimming during cruise phase and terminal phase is Mach 3 with extreme maneuvers. This is basically the Chinese version of the Russian Klub Missile. Range is 220-540 km. It has a LACM variant as well as an anti shipping variant. It can also be fired from a VLS, so if we can make room for an 8 cell VLS Somewhere on the ship (the current VLS on the type 054a/p are too small to house this kind of a missile) or else it will have to be carried in the box launchers.

Brother, we have JL-3.
That’s a SLBM
For 533mm heavy weight Torpedos you have the Yu-9, which also seems to be very capable, based on the statistics.

Last edited:
Could the Type 054A/P design be modified to fit 8-16 VLS just aft of the exhaust funnel. This would be perfect to fit LACM or long range air defense missiles like the HQ-9 and its derivatives (which would help destroy enemy Sukhois before they could launch Brahmos cruise missiles)

Especially if the PN could do this, 16 large VLS aft of the funnel, it wouldn’t really need to build a large tonnage ship, allow it to build more Type 054A/P at a lower cost then a large tonnage ship.

Similar to this design

Back
Top Bottom