What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

At best, we will have 4 destroyers and 12 frigates (alongside 16 Corvettes + FACM) by 2030 provided that all our plans are met on schedule
So in how many years a Destroyer will be given to Pakistan? Like its 10 years from 2030 in which year you think Destroyers will be ordered?

Around 2025.

China could probably deliver the first Type 052DL to the PN by 2028.

Again it is a mistake to think of Navy strength just in terms of number of ships, just like mistake to think of PAF v IAF is just about fighters, as we saw on Feb 27th it is about a "system" and what is true for the air domain is becoming increasingly true of sea.

Just like we had training, EW, AEW and networking in air it is obvious this is becoming increasingly important in sea.

PN use of UAVs, more ATRs, AZMAT as missile carriers means we are using information and networking to cue very long rang missiles at enemy assets. In this sense the old days of big heavy destroyers become less important. This is only a requirement if we are fighting far away.

We have ZDK AEW over sear, P-3Cs, ATRs, UAVs, Submarine communication base, ground based radars and EW asets all dedicated to finding, jamming and targeting Indian ships.

Increasingly the range of the missiles we fire is also becoming longer and longer.

We had a lapse in development of Navy for 40 years can't be fixed in 1-2 years
We will be better than we were in 1990

We will improve at regional level but still a distance away from Top Navies in Asia

Pakistan Navy of 2025 will be better then it was in 1990

We had a lapse in development of Navy for 40 years can't be fixed in 1-2 years
We will be better than we were in 1990

We will improve at regional level but still a distance away from Top Navies in Asia

Pakistan Navy of 2025 will be better then it was in 1990

Does Pakistan need to be a top Asian Navy? We need to keep our coast clear and shipping lines open, we all know battle for Pakistan will be decided in the air and in the deserts.

Our situation is more akin to South Korea then to say Japan or China.

Does Pakistan need to be a top Asian Navy? We need to keep our coast clear and shipping lines open, we all know battle for Pakistan will be decided in the air and in the deserts.

Our situation is more akin to South Korea then to say Japan or China.
Bro,
have you seen South Korea's Navy?

Bro,
have you seen South Korea's Navy?
@Yasser76 said it, the PN needs: 18 submarines, 12 destroyers, 20 frigates, 34 FAC(Ms).

We've willed the MILGEM with VLS, the Type 054A/P, and even the LRMPA, let's will this list too. I think we've got a 50:50 chance, let's do this people! (aircraft carrier people chill for a second, there are limits to this) :P

@Yasser76 said it, the PN needs: 18 submarines, 12 destroyers, 20 frigates, 34 FAC(Ms).

We've willed the MILGEM with VLS, the Type 054A/P, and even the LRMPA, let's will this list too. I think we've got a 50:50 chance, let's do this people! (aircraft carrier people chill for a second, there are limits to this) :P
The dream will never die

While the Big assets are being constructed which will certainly improve the Navy , the only short term solution is a Azmat Missile Stealth Ships , as these ships pack a nice punch and also have stealth features Another 4-8 Units constructed in Pakistan (Hopefully at a better production rate). Would help things grow further

I think the Budget constraints will be felt due to world economy slowing down , not only Pakistan but on a Global Level

Existing Order of
  • 4 Type 054 (F22P+)
  • 4 Milgem
  • 8 Submarines
  • 2 OPV (Now in Pakistan, Delivered )

It is a good solution for time being - I am satisfied
The Government/Navy ordered the assets long while back

Alhumdulilah can't ask for more

Last edited:

Can I has?
upload_2020-7-4_15-55-50.png

Also:
upload_2020-7-4_16-1-39.png

Fun fact: MQ-8 is based off a Schweizer 330. PAA actually operates some Schweizer 300s.

Again it is a mistake to think of Navy strength just in terms of number of ships, just like mistake to think of PAF v IAF is just about fighters, as we saw on Feb 27th it is about a "system" and what is true for the air domain is becoming increasingly true of sea.

Just like we had training, EW, AEW and networking in air it is obvious this is becoming increasingly important in sea.

PN use of UAVs, more ATRs, AZMAT as missile carriers means we are using information and networking to cue very long rang missiles at enemy assets. In this sense the old days of big heavy destroyers become less important. This is only a requirement if we are fighting far away.

We have ZDK AEW over sear, P-3Cs, ATRs, UAVs, Submarine communication base, ground based radars and EW asets all dedicated to finding, jamming and targeting Indian ships.

Increasingly the range of the missiles we fire is also becoming longer and longer.

The naval development is always correlated with the economic development.

Pakistan now chooses to be pragmatic about the naval development.

And we will see by that time if Pakistan really needs those 7000 tons class destroyers.

Any idea why Pakistan would choose a Chinese drone over a Turkish one? Especially considering the superior performance of Turkish drones over Russian air defense systems, most which India operates?
I don't know what system it would be, but I suspect it's CH-5. I guess the PN basically concluded that it's a Reaper-type platform, and that it's available. Not much more to it I think. Yes, the Turks are advancing really well with their drones, and they might even be available for export, but there could be caveats -- e.g., they can't export the BLoS comms due to MTCR, too expensive, still in development, etc.

Is there anything not Chinese these days?lol
When I wrote "Can I has?", I meant "Can we develop these things in-house using the experience we clearly have with this sort of thing and integrate imported sensors only?".
Oh you mean, "can we institute a cohesive developmental policy that syncs military requirements with our public and private sector capacities, and then break barriers between them to develop original solutions?"

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom