What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Has this order actually taken place or as with many rumours still evaluation and talking

Both this and order of the Turkish corvette seems like too much financially for your current economic woes..

If you do pull it off I will be wel impressed

Already been signed and PULLED off don't worry !!!!

Maybe, there is no Type 054B FFG any more, and more powerful Type 052E DDG would come out.

but so many countries are depending on Chinese ship construction companies,what they can count on if even China itself has decided to abandon relatively low end warship such 053 and concentrate only on high end warship such as aircraft carrier and type 055?!

When can PN expect the first type 54 ?

When can PN expect the first type 54 ?
According to the contract agreement between the Chinese company and the Pakistani Navy, the Chinese company will deliver two 054A frigates to Pakistan within two years after the contract is signed, and a total of four 054A frigates should be delivered to the Pakistani Navy by 2021.

It is highly probable.
The needs of PLAN have changed.

Maybe PN have ordered Type 54B , instead of A version ..

According to the contract agreement between the Chinese company and the Pakistani Navy, the Chinese company will deliver two 054A frigates to Pakistan within two years after the contract is signed, and a total of four 054A frigates should be delivered to the Pakistani Navy by 2021.

This mean at least 2 of them are under construction in China .. if all ships are delivered on Time (2021) I would hope PN will give a follow up order another 2-4 Type 54 with HHQ-9 ..
4 type54 with HHQ16
4 type 54 with HHQ9

Maybe PN have ordered Type 54B , instead of A version ..
The answer is no. PN prefers to choose a mature product.

This mean at least 2 of them are under construction in China .. if all ships are delivered on Time (2021) I would hope PN will give a follow up order another 2-4 Type 54 with HHQ-9 ..
4 type54 with HHQ16
4 type 54 with HHQ9
1. There is no HHQ-16. It should be called HQ-16. Its new version is HQ-16C.
2. Type 054A cannot take HHQ-9.

The purchase price of Type 055 DDG (about 12000 tons) is about 6 billion RMB, equal to 0.9 billion dollars.
So, maybe you can estimate the price of Type 052D DDG (about 7000 tons).
I thought Type 055 should be 2.5 billions USD with all weapns equipped!

The purchase price of Type 055 DDG (about 12000 tons) is about 6 billion RMB, equal to 0.9 billion dollars.
So, maybe you can estimate the price of Type 052D DDG (about 7000 tons).
So, it would be around 500 million dollars. not that high compared to FREMM which costs almost same with less capabilities..

PN can order them 4 of them, when Type 054A order is fulfilled and money is paid of that..

I thought Type 055 should be 2.5 billions USD with all weapns equipped!
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/type-055-ddg-news-discussions.307231/page-87#post-10611081

So, it would be around 500 million dollars. not that high compared to FREMM which costs almost same with less capabilities..

PN can order them 4 of them, when Type 054A order is fulfilled and money is paid of that..
Type 052D DDG is a good platform to provide anti-aircraft, anti-ship, and anti-submarine defense with HHQ-9B/C, YJ-18, and so on.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom